Chatroom

KweenSasha

Reaction score
Does this site have a chatroom? Any recommended deaf chat rooms? Thanks

There are 55 people veiwing this forum section and no one can answer me....hmmmm, that's funny. Plus hundreds of ppl on this site and forums are moving pretty slow for that amount.

This site doesn't have a chatroom. I don't know if Alex (owner) will add one.

Alex doesn't have to do it all, he can just host one on Yahoo or something. Or have him order some newbie under him to do it.

Yes a chat room would be nice but perhaps they think about how to moderate it. Moderating chat rooms real time requires a lot more mods than AD has right now. It could be done with more effort but I am sure they will think if it really worths the effort.

Yes threads move slow. I noticed there is usualy 20-40 online members around comraped to 200-300 guests any given time. If 300 people are watching the site , I dont know why they do not become a member or log in to join . Number of active members compared to number of total members is important.

Hermes

Same Idea..

I know some ASL students (not beginners) that are looking for some places to chat with the Deaf with Webcam.

I know CAMFROG is such a place.

Is there any names of other organized video Chatrooms that are active? WorldVuer?

- Bill

Yes a chat room would be nice but perhaps they think about how to moderate it. Moderating chat rooms real time requires a lot more mods than AD has right now. It could be done with more effort but I am sure they will think if it really worths the effort.

Yes threads move slow. I noticed there is usualy 20-40 online members around comraped to 200-300 guests any given time. If 300 people are watching the site , I dont know why they do not become a member or log in to join . Number of active members compared to number of total members is important.

Hermes
Seriously.

There is no chatroom in this forum and it won't happen in the near future, Alex the administrator won't let it. This forum is just enough for everyone to roam around.

Here is a great site a friend of mine created a chatroom for the people on menieres.org when thiers went down its free to open your own chatroom if your up to it GagaLive Chat have fun. :wave:

I had an IRC chat room but there were hardy anyone who knew about it. It's easy to set up one. :D

I like the idea of a chat room, especially a webcam/conference type of thing. Someone let me know if it ever takes off. I used to go to Welcome to DeafCHAT.com, but... damn... I'd rather be watching paint dry.

Back