Canadian Disabilities Act

Feather_130

Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about the disabilities act in Canada? Do you know of any specific cases involving a Deaf person that happened within Canada and/or Ontario? Thanks so much for your help!

Banjo said:
We don't have CDA, but we do have ODA (Ontario Disabilities Act).

http://www.odacommittee.net/
Does that mean that any places outside Ontario in Canada don't have any 'disabilities' Act to give any services to these people?

Sorry if I ask a dumb question but since I never visit Canada (Actually I did by crossing the border from Michigan but stay there for only few hours then came back..) anyway, does Canada offer the CC-like service for deafies? If so, how much percent of TV programs that does have CC-like.

Magatsu said:
Does that mean that any places outside Ontario in Canada don't have any 'disabilities' Act to give any services to these people?

Sorry if I ask a dumb question but since I never visit Canada (Actually I did by crossing the border from Michigan but stay there for only few hours then came back..) anyway, does Canada offer the CC-like service for deafies? If so, how much percent of TV programs that does have CC-like.

Well, I don't know about the other provinces and how they deal with disabled people. Anyway, a large number of TV programs are captioned, which I can tell you that. I don't know what percentage are captioned, but I'll say in the majority.

Some channels are even fully captioned, like CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation - http://www.cbc.ca ) are captioned 24 hours a day, or close to that.

Ah ok, thanks for information. Yeah I heard lot about CBC (actually many praises about CBC)

canadaian disablity

Feather_130 said:
Does anybody know anything about the disabilities act in Canada? Do you know of any specific cases involving a Deaf person that happened within Canada and/or Ontario? Thanks so much for your help!
yes we do have it its a law called ontario disablity socialpension(odsp) u can click oad ( ontario assocation for the deaf0 oad.com thanks we do have its as we have 12 provinces thanks jjnbl

Back