Can you hear Music with a cochlear implant

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF - more deaf people getting ci, and I don't call them deaf anymore, but they are considering themselves as they are part of the deaf culture. I disagree with that.

It is so sad to know that there are so many deaf people wanted to become hearing, it is all because of music.

Music is SO to me.

Geez, what kind of planet I am currently living in? Earth? Earyeth? Eyeth?

:confused:

Oh pooh, go whine to NAD. Kthxbye.

Er...what is the problem?

I don't see why having a CI makes one not considered part of the deaf culture. Just wearing a CI doesn't make one not deaf (or said this way...it doesn't make one hearing). One with a CI is deaf anyway you put it. I know well that I'm quite deaf without my CI. I also know that I'm not a part of the deaf culture either (long story). Having the ability to hear music or better yet spoken language does not disqualify one from participating in deaf culture. Letting people being considered a part of deaf culture shouldn't be outright discriminatory in the mode of "Thou must be deafer than thou art" nonsense. Some do and some don't want to be a part of it. Each to their own...

It is no crime for people to want to hear things. For those that have experienced sounds, it provides much information and enjoyment. Music is rather special because how it touches one's soul. It can mean many things to many people. There is no equivalent for those who cannot hear it at all. Those visual light shows sort of come close but they don't hit the emotions and psychic the way music does. I don't know if you ever heard music before. If so, it is simply your opinion and you shouldn't knock it. If not, you really don't have a clue about what you're talking about.

Live and let live...

:gpost:

fanatic: WTF - more deaf people getting ci, and I don't call them deaf anymore, but they are considering themselves as they are part of the deaf culture. I disagree with that.

:crazy: :squint:
I am first generation deaf and my grandson just got a CI BUT he is STILL DEAF when he takes his CI off. He will ALWAYS be part of the deaf culture BECAUSE he is in a family with THREE GENERATIONS DEAF!

WTF - more deaf people getting ci, and I don't call them deaf anymore, but they are considering themselves as they are part of the deaf culture. I disagree with that.

It is so sad to know that there are so many deaf people wanted to become hearing, it is all because of music.

Music is SO to me.

Geez, what kind of planet I am currently living in? Earth? Earyeth? Eyeth?

:confused:

:rofl: :lol:

Fanatic and Y, so if you wear hearing aids does it not make you deaf?
I thought the deaf militants had either buried thier head further in the sand, or realized that when they open thier mouth, they show others how ignorant they really are.
So are you saying that my daughter is not deaf because she has a CI? what kind of sense does that make?
A buddy of mine lost both legs when he was hit by a drunk driver while making an arrest. He was pinned between two cars. One leg was instantly severed. The other was later emputated in surgery. After a long, long road to recovery in rehab, he got two prosthetic legs. Because he has the prosthetics, is he no longer considered "disabled" or double amputee?
Ya know, the more I think about your comments, the more I realize that you really need to grow up and look at the world through "big kid glasses". There are adults talking here. Your mommy always said not to interput adults while they are talking......now off to your room.:bye:

I thought the deaf militants had either buried thier head further in the sand, or realized that when they open thier mouth, they show others how ignorant they really are.
So are you saying that my daughter is not deaf because she has a CI? what kind of sense does that make?
A buddy of mine lost both legs when he was hit by a drunk driver while making an arrest. He was pinned between two cars. One leg was instantly severed. The other was later emputated in surgery. After a long, long road to recovery in rehab, he got two prosthetic legs. Because he has the prosthetics, is he no longer considered "disabled" or double amputee?
Ya know, the more I think about your comments, the more I realize that you really need to grow up and look at the world through "big kid glasses". There are adults talking here. Your mommy always said not to interput adults while they are talking......now off to your room.:bye:
:applause: :applause: :laugh2:

Where can I earn your respect to
my own opinion that I simply
have NO interest in hearing anything at all ?
I also have NO interest in music at all.
I have NO interest in hearing aids
I have NO interest in CI.

IF I am NOT happy being deaf, then I would
go after CI. However, I am VERY Happy with
extra Blessings being Deaf without any
kind of distracting/disturbing sounds.
IF someone offer me $20 million dollars just to
get CI, I will say "No, thank you".
:D

Lots of Peace being deaf without having to hear
the office gossips, etc. I can survive without
these music, etc. Again, I am very happy
that way. I do respect and support CI for people who are
NOT happy for being un-able to hear.

I happen to be an adult, not a little child here.

Will you respect my own Opinion?

Yea, I agree with you about need respect opinion.

.:in asl mode:. exactly, exactly, beautiful, beautiful post!

If you're saying that to that jackass in a person, I'd run to flower store, and get a rose for you.

According to dictionary.com:

deaf  /dɛf/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[def] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, -er, -est, noun
–adjective

partially or wholly lacking or deprived of the sense of hearing; unable to hear.

In China, the government are starting to "install" the cochlear implant to ALL deaf kids, who are attending to a elementary deaf school, which it runs by the government. When those kids are successful, such as they are able to hear during the middle school, and high school. The government would erase the "deaf" school, because almost everyone are able to hear, correct? They would probably set up the cochlear implant elementary/middle/high school instead.

Now, you can see why I don't consider those ex-deaf people (ci users) are part of the deaf world, because they are trying to fade the deaf world/power away.

I've seen two couples who are having a ci, and they said if they got a deaf baby, they would put ci, and send that kid to hearing school for their better opportunity in the future. That is good, but my question is - where is the deaf culture in that kid? When that kid become older, and he/she do not know anything about deaf culture, so whenever that person grown older, and having a deaf baby again (deaf gene), and they would put ci on that baby again, because they dont know anything shit about deaf world.

Suppose all deaf people are having a cochlear implant, the deaf culture will be gone in 20-30 years later, no question about that.

Oh pooh, go whine to NAD. Kthxbye.

Chill%20Pill.png

k, thx, bye!

Do you know what is the difference between sayin out my opinion, and whinning?

I don't think so!

.:in asl mode:. exactly, exactly, beautiful, beautiful post!

If you're saying that to that jackass in a person, I'd run to flower store, and get a rose for you.

According to dictionary.com:

deaf  /dɛf/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[def] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, -er, -est, noun
–adjective

partially or wholly lacking or deprived of the sense of hearing; unable to hear.

In China, the government are starting to "install" the cochlear implant to ALL deaf kids, who are attending to a elementary deaf school, which it runs by the government. When those kids are successful, such as they are able to hear during the middle school, and high school. The government would erase the "deaf" school, because almost everyone are able to hear, correct? They would probably set up the cochlear implant elementary/middle/high school instead.

Now, you can see why I don't consider those ex-deaf people (ci users) are part of the deaf world, because they are trying to fade the deaf world/power away.

I've seen two couples who are having a ci, and they said if they got a deaf baby, they would put ci, and send that kid to hearing school for their better opportunity in the future. That is good, but my question is - where is the deaf culture in that kid? When that kid become older, and he/she do not know anything about deaf culture, so whenever that person grown older, and having a deaf baby again (deaf gene), and they would put ci on that baby again, because they dont know anything shit about deaf world.

Suppose all deaf people are having a cochlear implant, the deaf culture will be gone in 20-30 years later, no question about that.

It wouldn't happen but there's plenty of deaf babies and toddlers don't have CI for some reason, and some hearing parents against CI but depends on their reason. I bet deaf culture will stronger in USA because government don't force us to do it and thanks to USA for make good system. ASL will still popular but children with CI are start learn ASL when attend deaf school and some children cannot stand with oral language, for example like confused and difficult to understand. I remember that one parent sent their son to CSDR and quit to wear CI due attack with parent, even serious moral problem but his parent is taking ASL classes right now and learn about deaf culture.

I bet that 30% deaf people will own CI and other rest of percent aren't own one because they get good benefit with HA, collasped in nerves and other ear disease, such as meningistis. Many hearing people are interesting to take ASL classes, such as my school is looking for ASL teacher and take course as foreign language for graduation credit.

Y- this is a quote from fanatics post.
"WTF - more deaf people getting ci, and I don't call them deaf anymore, but they are considering themselves as they are part of the deaf culture. I disagree with that"

I have no problem with your (or anyone elses) decision about not getting a CI. You said that you "completely agree" with his post. By agreeing with the above quote, you agreed that someone that has a CI is no longer deaf.
The above quote is actually quite amusing! When a person gets a CI, the anti CI crowd accuse them of turning thier back on the deaf community. They are quick to say that even though you have a CI, you are still deaf. BUT, once you get a CI, now the anti CI crowd is saying that you are no longer deaf? And now, they are pushing the CI user away from the deaf community? To quote the omnipotent fanatic (again) "WTF".

Pacman- How the hell can anyone respect your opinion when you keep changing it.... and almost everything else for that matter. You make one statement one day using the name Volkatz, then contradict your opinion a short time later while using a different name? One again "WTF".

I respect anyones opinion. However, do not cry when you get confronted after making statements that are not respectful of others. Or when you make comments based on lies, rumors, or half truths.

If one acts like a child, they will be treated accordingly. I have a favorite quote that I use on a daily basis. "If you act like an adult, I will treat you like an adult. If you act like a fool, I will treat you like a fool"

Y- this is a quote from fanatics post.
"WTF - more deaf people getting ci, and I don't call them deaf anymore, but they are considering themselves as they are part of the deaf culture. I disagree with that"

I have no problem with your (or anyone elses) decision about not getting a CI. You said that you "completely agree" with his post. By agreeing with the above quote, you agreed that someone that has a CI is no longer deaf.
The above quote is actually quite amusing! When a person gets a CI, the anti CI crowd accuse them of turning thier back on the deaf community. They are quick to say that even though you have a CI, you are still deaf. BUT, once you get a CI, now the anti CI crowd is saying that you are no longer deaf? And now, they are pushing the CI user away from the deaf community? To quote the omnipotent fanatic (again) "WTF".

Pacman- How the hell can anyone respect your opinion when you keep changing it.... and almost everything else for that matter. You make one statement one day using the name Volkatz, then contradict your opinion a short time later while using a different name? One again "WTF".

I respect anyones opinion. However, do not cry when you get confronted after making statements that are not respectful of others. Or when you make comments based on lies, rumors, or half truths.

If one acts like a child, they will be treated accordingly. I have a favorite quote that I use on a daily basis. "If you act like an adult, I will treat you like an adult. If you act like a fool, I will treat you like a fool"

I had personal reason about username then none of your business...

Don't call WTF at me but I had nothing to wrong with you. I said that agree about anyone need respect member's opinion, it including for other members need respect your opinion too. You aren't supposed to mad at me about CI debate but that's ain't my problem. None of them are act like fool though.

Want go to Toy R US and buy new toys for Lilly? I bet that you will chill out.

When a person, who loves to pointing at people needs a life. :lol:

Pacman, looks at the definition of deaf that you copied.

"partially or wholly lacking or deprived of the sense of hearing; unable to hear"

Umm, doesnt a person with a CI fall under that description? I believe they do. You supposedly used to have a CI right? With that CI on was your hearing partial, or wholly lacking? Did you hear the same as a "Hearie"? I dont think so. So by litteral definition of deaf, a CI user is DEAF.
Man, you are starting to get pretty silly. You should run for political office. You make a statement. When challenged, you change you opinion to seem less challenging. When challenged on fact specific items or prove to be flat out wrong, you tell people to stop picking on you or try to redirect the discussion. Can you say "flip-flop".

Fan, you make absolutely no sense what so ever. I am pointing fingers? This was a pretty good thread about people with a CI listening to music. And yoiu come in here and start making all kind of ignorant, uneduacted remarks about CI users and thier place in the deaf community. You also say they are no longer deaf? When did you become the gatekeeper of the deaf community?
Go back to your holier than thou world.

Pacman, go buy Lilly some toys? I say again "WTF" I do not care if you have a problem with me. When you make (or agree with) ignorant remarks that I take offense to. You can bet your ass that Im gonna say something about it.

Pacman, he was saying that to me. He was trying to say that those who point fingers at someone needs to get a life. He needs to listen to his own advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back