Can you critique my video?

amandaraemay

Reaction score
Hi! I'm hearing. A best friend of mine is Deaf and he teaches me ASL. According to him, over the last 4 months my signing has really improved. Before meeting him, I learned ASL for 1 year, and then didn't practice much until I met him (3 years later). He thinks I am a level 4, about.

With much more practice, I would love to interpret someday. However, I have a bad habit in my signing. I have a difficult time separating English from ASL, so I have tendencies of using PSL rather than ASL. I am hoping to break that habit by becoming more familiar with ASL by interpreting songs, all while being more comfortable and confident in my signing.

I made a few mistakes, I know...but if you could, could you please watch my video and let me know what you think? Tell me some good things, and also some things that I need to improve. Thank you!!

(PS, if you decide to nose around my YouTube channel, you can see a fatter, more awkward version of me first learning to sign back in my earlier days lol)

http://youtu.be/RUBfGnI2MDg

(Also: I posted this same post earlier in a different thread on accident, sorry!)

I ll make it simple and sweet to give you some feedback.

your sign skill is fine, its your own natural signs that everyone can understand you. But,
your mouth morphemes need to work on somehow.

Nice song.

...I have a difficult time separating English from ASL, so I have tendencies of using PSL rather than ASL...
I stumbled across DeafVideo.tv in September 2012 after doing a Google research on Deaf Etiquette and you can imagine my cultural shock. I've been a vlogger for some time now. Those vloggers in DVTV does ASL and almost everybody don't do captions. Quite challenging and it makes you want to motivate yourself to understand ASL better. They're having a SEE contest going on right now until Dec. 28th or so, I reckon, so I'm going to participate. I'm ChandaMijaAuthentic over there. Come on over!

Back