Calling 911....

There is Life Line for people that need emergency medical attention , I think if some require frequent emergency medical attention they would be in a nursing home or hospital .

I know quite a few people who need frequent emergency care. A good friend of mine is only 21 but has severe seizures. He definitely does not belong in a nursing home or hospital.

My dad was being taken care of from my mom. He needed frequent emergency care but definitely did not belong in a nursing home or hospital.

Adults and children who suffer from severe asthma attacks, again might require frequent emergency care but do not belong in a nursing home etc.

Life Alert (Life Line?) is more of a home based system. I think Angel was thinking more along the lines of when a person is away from home like she was- on the road or at some sort of event.

I've heard of Aspire or similar apps that were designed for people in abusive relationships or similar type incidents. Never crossed my mind that they may be good for deaf people (or even hearing people who cannot speak).

And LifeLine is probably a paid service. I'm guessing the app is a one time fee.

I know the Aspire app is made soley for the purpose of helping in an abusive relationship.

I was thinking though that an app could be made to help deaf people or people who can not speak in an emergency situation.

And LifeLine is probably a paid service. I'm guessing the app is a one time fee.

some insurance do cover it but you had fallen first and nearly break your neck before an insurance cover it. That is how some of my clients got covered .

I Googled "LifeLine" and came up with two different uses for the term. One is an emergency notification system that it appears that anyone willing to pay the subscription cost can get. The other is is a government benefit program that provides discounts on monthly telephone service for eligible low-income subscribers.

I had, for my concerns, been thinking I would be calling 911 from home, so I might be ok. I don't know how it would be on the road. But I thank angel for starting this thread! Great to convey thought and concerns.

Thank you Audiofuzzy....
I am told I speak just fine. I was hearing my whole life, went deaf in 2011.

I would never ever text and drive, especially on the freeway. Since I was just involved in a big car accident I will not put myself into any kind of danger.

I gave the information a few times. I told them I was deaf and could not hear their instructions. I gave them the freeway name, what exits were coming up, what lane we were in, color and make of the car. That was all I could do as my exit was coming up.

That area is extremely well patrolled, so hopefully I gave enough information that would help.

Then you did to the best of your abilities. I am sure they received your information and acted accordingly.
I understand your not wanting to drive and text - it is against the law,
I just thought the circumstances were exceptional.

But, again, I am sure they received your call just fine.

You did the right thing! Thank you on behalf all those whose life you made safer! :ty: :thumb:

Fuzzy

Back