California Proposition Eight - Ban on Same-Sex Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, she's not comparing gay people to animals, just to people who want to have sex with animals. :roll: I guess it's somewhat better.

Not in my opinion. Its still insulting and shows a total lack of understanding.

That's MY problem I am havin' when I see things like this. I am NOT sayin' that homo people are doin' that, because I know both parties are doin' them, too. It's why I am usin' the word " people " alone. What troubles me is that when there's " same sex partners " become " use " to some people, when they see that it don't bother to some people and, then other people will start sayin' Okay, we want fair and have the same right, too just because they give the same sex partners that AFTER heterosexual partners - it seems " flip-flop " from one to another ( different issue, but same thing they may want their fair and right ). Do you understand what I am tryin' to explain ? It is WHAT bothers me. I don't care what kind of lifestyle they chose, but I DO CARE what and how it could affect to change and make it trend to others, not just only same sex partners, but to SOMETHIN' ELSE.

That's like you know how the virus changes from " not too dangerous " to the " most dangerous " that could kill people - dependin' what the most dangerous virus is from its family ( for instance : cysts, tumors, lymph nodes, and so forth - all these things came from ONE word " Cancer " it is the cancer's family, but each of it have a different name. )Strain into somethin' else, makin' it worse like mushroom is about goin' to blow up.

The only one thing I could THINK of is : Lawlessness.

Here, let me give you some more examples of why this argument makes no sense.

Straight people can get married? Next thing you know a man will be allowed to marry his sister!

Straight people can get married? Next thing you know a man will be allowed to marry a little girl!

Straight people can get married? Next thing you know people will be allowed to have as many spouses as they want!

All of these are actually better arguments than yours, since they uniquely relate to relationships between "male" and "female" partners, whereas gay marriage and bestiality have almost no connection.

If you are not worried about these scenarios, and therefore the horrific effect that straight marriage will clearly have on our society if it is allowed to continue, please stop making ridiculous claims about gay marriage.

Not in my opinion. Its still insulting and shows a total lack of understanding.

It was supposed to sound more sarcastic. :cool2:

Maybe I should have put the eye roll at the end? Hard to convey sarcasm online, sometimes.

Straight people can get married? Next thing you know a man will be allowed to marry his sister!

Straight people can get married? Next thing you know a man will be allowed to marry a little girl!

Straight people can get married? Next thing you know people will be allowed to have as many spouses as they want!

All of these are actually better arguments than yours, since they uniquely relate to relationships between "male" and "female" partners, whereas gay marriage and bestiality have almost no connection.

If you are not worried about these scenarios, and therefore the horrific effect that straight marriage will clearly have on our society if it is allowed to continue, please stop making ridiculous claims about gay marriage.

:gpost:

This was posted by someone on FB

"Of course not. Aside from that being a bit of a cop out (do you really think all gay people are going to start screwing their dog or random farm animals?), we've already established that marriage is CONSENSUAL (you believe between a man and a woman, I believe between two loving individuals, regardless of their gender). How can an animal give consent? It can't. (Surprisingly, I believe 16 states don't have any law against beastiality, which IS a sin in the Bible- Leviticus xx 15: "And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death; and ye shall slay the beast.") I don't understand how you can jump from saying someone who loves another HUMAN, granted one of the same sex, would also be interested in their cat. Marriage is about love and devotion and respect, not simple sexual gratification, which apparently some people get by having sex with animals. It's unfair and irrational to assume that gay people, just because they're gay, would be inclined to beastiality.
do you object more to a gay marriage actually using the term "marraige", because you feel that should be reserved for only heterosexual couples? Or do you oppose "civil unions" as well, because of your religious beliefs? If the latter, there's a reason we have a seperation of church and state. You can keep your beliefs and I respect that you have them even though I disagree, but I still don't want them infringing on MY unalienable rights."

hmmm | Facebook

I think that's a very strong statement right there.

Great posting!

:gpost:

Did anything bad come out of blacks being allowed to marry white people? *looking around* It doesnt look like it so I seriously doubt by legalizing gay marriage would open a can of worms.

Bold font in the quote, exactly!

And good posting, and keep going :)

"I was completely disgusted," engineer Chris Lee, whose name is featured in one of the lists, said. "This sort of blacklist should only appear in communist countries, should not be found in the United States."

Is he really that stupid? What about antiabortion foes blacklisting people who support abortion? What about homophobes blacklisting companies that offer domestic benefits to gays? They must be communists too!

Proposition 8 opponents release blacklists - UPI.com

I suggest that you come up with an opinion that is valid why gays shouldn't marry--if not--then quit interjecting the topic of beastiality. :roll:

Don't hold your breath, brother. She'll probably compare homosexuality to incest and pedophilia before we're through.

Oh my god! Straight marriage is a menace to society and must be banned! Straight people getting married? What's next? Straight men marrying their blow up dolls? Horses? Oh my god! I have such low self-esteem and an inferiority complex. I think I'm going to vote for a law banning straight marriage! Then, I'll laugh and cheer and clap my hands silly when I can deny those breeders their right to marry! Praise the lord Jeebus! Yeah!

Can I just say... I think lsfoster is awesome! Her posts are absolutely GREAT.

"We cannot accept the view that Amendment 2's prohibition on specific legal protections does no more than deprive homosexuals of special rights. To the contrary, the amendment imposes a special disability on those persons alone. Homosexuals are forbidden the safeguards that others enjoy or may seek without constraint"

-Justice Anthony Kennedy, writing for the majority of the U.S. Supreme Court in the decision overturning Colorado's Amendment 2 referendum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back