California consider leaving usa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw this on another forum I use . I haven't heard about it on the news yet. I know Ca. wanted to become 2 states at one time now they want to break away from USA.
Bug Bunny you have a job to do ! LOL!

California isn't the only state consider to secede.

I know there are few , I didn't feel like looking for another web site . This would be a great reason to move back to Ca. :) Plus there is no snow part of Ca. :)

Reactions: Rio
I know there are few , I didn't feel like looking for another web site . This would be a great reason to move back to Ca. :) Plus there is no snow part of Ca. :)

There is snow if you go up to mountain, also rare, snow come outside of mountain area.

Big Bear and Tahoe have snow.
Yeah, I said parts of Ca. has no snow , we got a some snow in Berkley one winter and when I was in LA with a b/f visiting some of his friends the wife and I said we never wanted to see snow again ! It started to snow right after we said this ! LOL! When I lived in Northern Ca. we had the worst winter in about 38 years. I had moved from Boston , Ma to get away from the snow . I lived in Ca. for nine years and loved it there ! :)

I lived in Lancaster, CA, as a child, and San Diego as a teen. It's a beautiful state. Just too expensive to live in, and unfriendly to the Second Amendment.

The Congress probably not let California to secede due to 6th largest economy in the world and that will going be a lot of work.

Also, it will hurt Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina and poor states that depends on California to survive - it means Californian's federal tax money goes to your state.

I lived in Lancaster, CA, as a child, and San Diego as a teen. It's a beautiful state. Just too expensive to live in, and unfriendly to the Second Amendment.
The winters were mild in Berkeley , I had a wood stove and only had build a small fire to take the chill off our little house . Ma. is expensive live in too . That not good about the Second Amendment .

The Congress probably not let California to secede due to 6th largest economy in the world and that will going be a lot of work.

Also, it will hurt Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina and poor states that depends on California to survive - it means Californian's federal tax money goes to your state.

The congress won't let anyone leave anything. This is the United States, and those that have trouble grasping that can all move to Mexico or elsewhere. Speaking of which, didn't all these celebs promise to move.....and now they've changed their minds? So much for honoring their word.

Every 4 years we get that. All the celebs threatening to leave when Obama was elected didn't leave either... Hmmmm.

The congress won't let anyone leave anything. This is the United States, and those that have trouble grasping that can all move to Mexico or elsewhere. Speaking of which, didn't all these celebs promise to move.....and now they've changed their minds? So much for honoring their word.

You can move to Mexico if you don't like here. :dunno:

Every 4 years we get that. All the celebs threatening to leave when Obama was elected didn't leave either... Hmmmm.
I don't recall any celebs threatening to do that for Obama's election. I thought almost all celebs supported Obama, so why would they want to leave when he was elected/re-elected?

Leaving the USA would hurt California more than it would hurt the rest of the states. Wasn't CA on the verge of bankruptcy? What would they do without Federal tax money supporting their new country?

Ain't happenin'.

Leaving the USA would hurt California more than it would hurt the rest of the states. Wasn't CA on the verge of bankruptcy? What would they do without Federal tax money supporting their new country?

Ain't happenin'.

That's not true, California is 6th largest economy in the nation and their financial situation is a lot better after removed the representatives that obstructed in state legislature, also voters approved tax increase on wealthy people as well. If California secedes so they could replace the federal tax with higher state tax to keep country running, also they don't need large military budget because California will not go war against other country or create a conflict.

Same conception could applies to Texas too.

GDP showed that your state is less than Alabama, that's not going well for your state and our state if California left, so it means less military budget, no more Medicare nor SS, military benefit cut and other painful cuts, so Californians help your state to be well off because Californians paid taxes and give to you.

Also, California has balanced budget so it is extremely unlikely for California to have same issue as federal government. California's state legislature is mostly pro-business legislators.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-06/california-makes-america-s-economy-great

Last edited:
I don't recall any celebs threatening to do that for Obama's election. I thought almost all celebs supported Obama, so why would they want to leave when he was elected/re-elected?

Not Ted Nugent, Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson and pro-conservative celebs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back