Bye Nokia 6822... Hello Treo 700p

EDGE

Reaction score
I got it under Sprint with EvDO unlimited plan for $49.99 unlimited data. That's triple faster than EDGE!

wow, it's faster in my own experience. Accord to dslreports.com/mspeed

it's 292kbps download / 39kbps upload

I also test to make my treo as wireless modem to my iBook. Very easy setup as my nokia before via bluetooth.

Oh, it got SprintTV, it's like iTunes that you pay to download and watch. The quality tv show is fair but no CC. So, I'm not buy it.

QWERTY is narrow improve than 650, I am getting comfortable to typing. It got AIM under Sprint, unfortunately, it will charge as SMS for receive msg.

I like camera, it's much smooth and auto-focus when use video mode, how amazing.

yea.. i m happy for ya...

i cant wait to get hsdpa PDA that is coming this fall or winter. :(

guido is right.. it is time for u to change ev-do from edge. :)

speaking of AIM, try this http://munduwireless.com/ for any palm.

I already test Toccer on 700p, so far. no crash.. I have to give more time to see how far it can hold. IM each other, I test, it's fair speed as SK's

Yeah... I should change to EvDO. lol. hello Alex? :D

EDGE said:
I already test Toccer on 700p, so far. no crash.. I have to give more time to see how far it can hold. IM each other, I test, it's fair speed as SK's

Yeah... I should change to EvDO. lol. hello Alex? :D

Welcome to Treo club.

I hate toccer so much. Too much crash. Did you try to use copy/paste any text under Toccer yet?

I love VeriChat and it much smooth. No crash so far. It's have MSN, YIM, AIM,etc.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-651.html?The_Core_Pocket_Media_Player

You can try TCPMP. It's free. It really great! I can put ANY dvd movie in my treo as pocket dvd with subtitle. It's pretty cool. No lag so far.
tcpmp.jpg

Neo said:
Welcome to Treo club.

I hate toccer so much. Too much crash. Did you try to use copy/paste any text under Toccer yet?

I haven't got Toccer crash yet. In fact, I did test by copy/paste the test conversation to other IM and notepad, no crash yet. I will find more way to abuse Toccer :P

Only thing I complain that Toccer doesn't give alert to let me know who im me, like AIM 1.0 used to have one. And also, I test when I login off on other sn and Toccer won't let me know if someone is online or not.

I plan to try out Agile Messenger. It's free for Palm.

And I don't want Core Pocket Media Player. I like to keep limited on third-aprty software.

yup. my friend has it but it doesnt vibrate... try munduwireless' ? it is free trial.. if u like it then it costs 15 bucks i believe.

Mookie said:
what is different between 700p and 700w?

easy... 700p is Palm OS and 700w is Windows Mobile.

Anyway.. I try out with Treo USB Modem from http://mobile-stream.com/usbmodem.html

I am very stunned that it's big different than bluetooth when I test on dslreport.com

817kbps download / 91kbps upload

That blew me up!!!

deafclimber said:
free instant messenger prgram for palm - agile messenger - but no vibrate alert.

www.agilemobile.com

I try out on Agile Msg, it's no good. It's too slow than Toccer. And the disconnect/connect is too slow, too. I understand it's beta. blah...

I'm thinking about Treo 700p. I did compare with Motorla Q and Treo650. The Q is like eye candy, however the speed rate of operating the Q was slower than Treo. Treo seems efficient. I heard about 700p and if 750p is to come out soon, I'm waiting to check that out first!

EDGE said:
easy... 700p is Palm OS and 700w is Windows Mobile.

Anyway.. I try out with Treo USB Modem from http://mobile-stream.com/usbmodem.html

I am very stunned that it's big different than bluetooth when I test on dslreport.com

817kbps download / 91kbps upload

That blew me up!!!

Where's Treo 700m or 750m? It's Mac...

loveofwine said:
I'm thinking about Treo 700p. I did compare with Motorla Q and Treo650. The Q is like eye candy, however the speed rate of operating the Q was slower than Treo. Treo seems efficient. I heard about 700p and if 750p is to come out soon, I'm waiting to check that out first!
750p know as Nitro may come out for Cingular. Dunno if anyone able to make it unlocked and use under TMobile.

Back