Buying a new laptop

I am not so sure why you would want to use a laptop on the airplane. The pilots would go out of control, and they would wonder who hacked their system. That could be you. :hmm:

I know you were trying to make a joke, I got it. But in light of my recent James Bond physics discovery, I also inadvertently discovered the answer to airplane interference mechanics - you can check it out at the mythbusters site. I've hotlinked the topic for you here:
Turn off all electronic devices - Topic Powered by eve community

I know you were trying to make a joke, I got it. But in light of my recent James Bond physics discovery, I also inadvertently discovered the answer to airplane interference mechanics - you can check it out at the mythbusters site. I've hotlinked the topic for you here:
Turn off all electronic devices - Topic Powered by eve community

You are right. I am joking... Actually, yes, I saw on Discovery show a couple of months ago. They were testing with a powerful cell phone or maybe a laptop's airwave to interrupt the airplane's computer system. I think that it was a myth. But, they said that it was not enough with their technology to beat the plane's system. The government refused to lend them with their special equipment for the test. That's all I know of.

Perhaps the government doesnt want people to accidently overhear corruption in action, as it could have frightening consequences? *ducks*

You are right. I am joking... Actually, yes, I saw on Discovery show a couple of months ago. They were testing with a powerful cell phone or maybe a laptop's airwave to interrupt the airplane's computer system. I think that it was a myth. But, they said that it was not enough with their technology to beat the plane's system. The government refused to lend them with their special equipment for the test. That's all I know of.

Yup, few weeks ago while flying to and from East Coast for my father in law funeral, I was repeatly told by attendant to turn off my Blackberry before take off and landing but not during flight. I turned off radio signal but watching movie on BB. Attendant insist me to shut it off when landing. Oh well ok :shrug:

Laptop is pretty much the same tho. Just close the case and let it go on suspend mode on its own.

Catty

Be sure it's good cpu, you don't want overhead on laptop under your lap.

Yup, few weeks ago while flying to and from East Coast for my father in law funeral, I was repeatly told by attendant to turn off my Blackberry before take off and landing but not during flight. I turned off radio signal but watching movie on BB. Attendant insist me to shut it off when landing. Oh well ok :shrug:

Laptop is pretty much the same tho. Just close the case and let it go on suspend mode on its own.

Catty

lol better listen to that lady. you know how it is nowadays... you can get arrested for that. :roll:

"Lady - CHILL!" LOL

it IS a myth. cellphone does NOT bring down the commercial jet. if it can - well... obviously FAA would not permit that plane to fly.

this is pretty cool....

Lenovo ThinkPad W700ds
12-30-08-lenovo700ds_0001g.jpg

Though a few lucky souls have already wrapped their paws around Lenovo's completely unorthodox W700ds, the dual-screened machine has yet to undergo a proper review... until now. Laptop Mag found the rig to be expectedly dominant in all the right areas, with a ridiculous graphics performance and a stunning display. Yeah, display. As in, singular. The main 17-inch panel was nothing short of stupendous, though the pull-out 10.6-inch LCD was said to be "significantly duller and dimmer." Additionally, the vertical orientation wasn't well suited for much of anything outside of sidebar applications (chat boxes, Photoshop toolbars, etc.), but you probably knew that already, didn't you? All told, the W700ds wasn't deemed the best value in the world with an anticipated price point of around $5,000, but those with highly specialized needs might just pay the premium to make their dreams come true.

Back