BSL course.

KevinG

Reaction score
My BSL beginners course which starts in September has just been cancelled due to lack of funding. Has this happened to anyone else. Kevin.

Yes it happens a lot to some people. i know one of member here who got classes that were cancelled twice. I think! im sure this member will post it here soon.

Well - my ASL 1.5 class for June was cancelled for lack of funding.

Well - my ASL 1.5 class for June was cancelled for lack of funding.

Who funds it? Those community classes are usually funded by the students fees.

They often get canceled because they can't find enough interested students.

Who funds it? Those community classes are usually funded by the students fees.

They often get canceled because they can't find enough interested students.

Students paying, city, county, state and United Way. The agency is running short on funds and private and corporate donations are down 75% for the last 2 years.

They will try to do the class more into the Fall and then do level 2.0 right after.

We had more than enough students interested, but they are not all qualified according to the instructor. He has enough to make the class even with those qualified, but people don't want to drive 20-30 miles for a class, so he has to wait until he is able to use the office classroom instead of an outside location.

Yeah that happened to me too Kevin :(

Then I learnt from my parents

The course would've cost £150, and another £50 for the exam next year. The college is local to me aswell, I'll have to look further afield now. Kevin.

Wirelessly posted

I don't know how to british sign language well. Plz help me learn bsl nw

Back