Brenda/hearing/St James City, FL

Brenda9995

Reaction score
Hello. My name is Brenda and I'm 60 yrs old and hearing. Why did I join your group? I've joined because many years ago God gave me a love for the Deaf/HOH. I was a song interpreter in the worship service, but I was also a member of their Sunday School class. Ah, as life often has it, it was sidetracked into a life without much notice of God. I redidicated my life to Him about 7 years ago and since then, He has brought me full circle back to my love of the Deaf and HOH people.

I know the D/HOH communities are very protective of their own and don't readily accept outsiders, especially hearing. My heart's desire is to be available to any person who wants to know about Jesus and how to spend eternity in Heaven. I'm not a do-gooder. My church does not yet have a class for the D/HOH so that means that I must go out into their communities to refresh my skills after so many years away. Any advice?

Am I being snubbed?

I see many have viewed and responded to other posters. Did I offend?

Not everyone replies to every thread.

Don't let that bother you... someone will come along and reply.

Why don't you start posting in the other threads? That would certainly get other people's attention. :)

Anyways, welcome to AllDeaf! :)

Welcome to AllDeaf! :)

You'll find a lot of informations around here and feel free to post anywhere to your particular interest.

Cheers!

:welcome: I believe religion is a banned topic here.

I have to agree with you, Bottesini. We have different religions and there are some who are not religion, Brenda9995. I am Deaf from birth and I am 62 years old myself. I am Catholic, but I don't go there when we talk about religion with other members. Everyone is different in their belief and faith. Every once in a while you can look into the religion forum if that is available, but right now that religion forum is shut down for the time being until the forum get back on line.

Anyway, :welcome: to AllDeaf, Brenda9995. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around, if you just be good enough not to bring up religion too much, just a little bit is enough. :wave:

:welcome: to AllDeaf. I hope ya will enjoy reading and posting. :)

This thread will have more information about Religion discussion.
Click here.

Hello and :welcome: to AD! Hope you will enjoy this forum with interesting insights. :)

:welcome: I believe religion is a banned topic here.

Really? Well, it's not my intent to discuss religion anyway. However, if someone wishes to know about my faith, I'd gladly answer. My "religious" leanings are for future work at my church or possibly new friends.

My purpose hear is simply to visit and get acquainted.

Hello. My name is Brenda and I'm 60 yrs old and hearing. Why did I join your group? I've joined because many years ago God gave me a love for the Deaf/HOH. I was a song interpreter in the worship service, but I was also a member of their Sunday School class. Ah, as life often has it, it was sidetracked into a life without much notice of God. I redidicated my life to Him about 7 years ago and since then, He has brought me full circle back to my love of the Deaf and HOH people.

I know the D/HOH communities are very protective of their own and don't readily accept outsiders, especially hearing. My heart's desire is to be available to any person who wants to know about Jesus and how to spend eternity in Heaven. I'm not a do-gooder. My church does not yet have a class for the D/HOH so that means that I must go out into their communities to refresh my skills after so many years away. Any advice?

Sorry for misunderstanding you. I thought this introduction was about your religion and desire to share it with us.

Hi nice to meet you ...tampa fl here

You are reading an old thread which was dated back in 2008. We have not known if Brenda9995 was around or not. Beside, it is not allow to talk about religion here. So she must be off from the Forum to look elsewhere so that she can spread about Jesus and God. :hmm:

Back