Breaking News!!

e

Reaction score
Utah teenage girl, Elizabeth Smart, who was missing for almost a year, was found ALIVE today! The police pulled over a car on highway in suburban of Utah and recognized her with a former handy-man. So I guess more details are coming later this evening. Heard she's alive and well.

Wow that is a Fantasic news for the girls family, hope she is well and settle, mite switch on sky digital to watch fox news or cnn news!

She was found about 3 hours ago. It's all over on news right now.

wow that is just so great!!! Im happy for her family and her as well! Whoever took her should be thrown in the slammer for enternity

I just checked on MSN. Now, I know the details. Amazing!

Wow ! Glad she's surviving regardlessly... Even tho I did watch the news first thing in the morning, but not at this hour I have to run toward the gym in a few min....

Originally posted by e
Have you ever heard of Shokholm Syndrome?

LOL, no I haven't heard of that... but I assume you probably meant "shock" syndrome
:laugh2:

LOL it's interesting I just learned about this:
The Stockholm syndrome is a psychological state in which the victims of a kidnapping, or persons detained against their free will - prisoners - develop a relationship with their captor(s). This solidarity can sometimes become a real complicity, with prisoners actually helping the captors to achieve their goals or to escape police.

The syndrome has been named this way after the famous bank robbery of Kreditbanken in Norrmalmstorg, Stockholm which lasted from August 23 to August 28, 1973. (See Norrmalmstorg robbery.) In this case the victims kept on defending their captors even after their 6 days physical detention was over. They showed a reticent behaviour in the following legal procedures too.

This happened to Patty Hearst, if you heard of her before.

Yep, I was thinking of Patty Hearst when I just read
your first 2 paragraphs... isn't this amazing ?! I could hardly
ever imagine putting myself in her shoes and let it happen
that way... I wonder if that works for everyone or
just certain kind of individual with a weak mind ?

Back