Bread can made Ducks Get Bloated

ok we got toad crossing to

No, that is not the real reason for prohibit feeding the duck. The real reason behind as I know because I was involved in town where there was complaint about too many geese around and it was out of control, causing two issues which was traffic, these birds will become more tame and don't give damn whenever they are near humans. Secondly, they get more aggressive and demand more food from human and they attacks humans more often. After they enact that law, finally these geese left the town. I have seen traffic back up because of birds walking on roads.

NO! You're wrong ! I know what I am talking about . The ducks are not getting into the traffic , I live a very small city and the pond is not near a lot of traffic. People are NOT complaining about the ducks. There will be 3 or more group of people going to feed the duck around the same time. That add up to a lot of bread and the more bread the ducks eat the morethey poop in the water. You have no idea what you're talking , I have lived here 30 years and I know what I am talking about. The ducks are very popular , people bring their kids to the pond to feed the ducks all the time. It's a favorite pass time for some parents with small kids. I bet there are a lot of people that are not happy about NOT being allowed to feed the ducks. Ducks are not the problem , the people feeding the ducks bread is the problem. The pond has a lot of history to it so the city want to be keep it clean and not have to pump is out.

the rats eat what ducks dont eat in my town and i sure towns in america got rats aswel..they eat so much bread they fat and breeding well

Oh hahaha! Your funny! I was there the whole time, if anyone been in Henrietta, home of RIT/NTID and town of Brighton, NY during late 1990's will know what I am talking about. The traffic was so bad back then! Now finally its better cause geese is gone.

You might not know this, Town of Henrietta, Brighton, and other towns around Rochester NY have plenty of ponds and man-made reservoir to control the snow melting season to prevent floods, and they often are next to busy roads, or highway, do you think Geese gonna fly over the busy roads? They generally don't.

NO! You're wrong ! I know what I am talking about . The ducks are not getting into the traffic , I live a very small city and the pond is not near a lot of traffic. People are NOT complaining about the ducks. There will be 3 or more group of people going to feed the duck around the same time. That add up to a lot of bread and the more bread the ducks eat the morethey poop in the water. You have no idea what you're talking , I have lived here 30 years and I know what I am talking about. The ducks are very popular , people bring their kids to the pond to feed the ducks all the time. It's a favorite pass time for some parents with small kids. I bet there are a lot of people that are not happy about NOT being allowed to feed the ducks. Ducks are not the problem , the people feeding the ducks bread is the problem. The pond has a lot of history to it so the city want to be keep it clean and not have to pump is out.

Oh hahaha! Your funny! I was there the whole time, if anyone been in Henrietta, home of RIT/NTID and town of Brighton, NY during late 1990's will know what I am talking about. The traffic was so bad back then! Now finally its better cause geese is gone.

You might not know this, Town of Henrietta, Brighton, and other towns around Rochester NY have plenty of ponds and man-made reservoir to control the snow melting season to prevent floods, and they often are next to busy roads, or highway, do you think Geese gonna fly over the busy roads? They generally don't.

I am very aware of geese being an issues in some cities , I read about one place that got a dog to run the then out of the park . These are ducks and I once helped a mother and baby duck cross a very busy street . And yes geese and ducks do fly over busy roads to get a pond or any body of water.
They do it Boston all the time. They can over the traffic and not be bothered by it. How you do think ducks migrate every winter , I really doubt that check out a map to looks for back roads to fly over. I do not know what you just can't accept the fact that you're wrong about this.

the rats eat what ducks dont eat in my town and i sure towns in america got rats aswel..they eat so much bread they fat and breeding well

Rats will eat anything , they're not fussy eater , they 'll eat mice too and live chickens . But this has nothing to do with ducks being feed bread and pooping too much in the water.

No, I am not wrong, and you MIGHT not be wrong too. I happen to be there, I live in the area where there was severe problems and traffic back ups and it happened, period. Also, there has been cases where these birds actually attacked humans. I wish the local news article would be free for me to show to you. These news are in "Old news" and they charge fee to have the news brought up. I never heard of shyt issues until you brought up and I can see it can be problem.

Of course they DO fly, but they preserve their flight for necessity, it take more energy for them to fly than to walk.

I am very aware of geese being an issues in some cities , I read about one place that got a dog to run the then out of the park . These are ducks and I once helped a mother and baby duck cross a very busy street . And yes geese and ducks do fly over busy roads to get a pond or any body of water.
They do it Boston all the time. They can over the traffic and not be bothered by it. How you do think ducks migrate every winter , I really doubt that check out a map to looks for back roads to fly over. I do not know what you just can't accept the fact that you're wrong about this.

Read the article, even though this is fairly recently, and you will see red font below mention giving motorist headache. What is motorist? I am sure you know what that means.

Geese problem? What geese problem? - News - Brighton-Pittsford Post - Brighton, NY

Geese problem? What geese problem?

Canada geese are an example of the ultimate visitor who may have stayed at the party too long. State government officials are considering substantially culling a population of geese estimated at a quarter million. They might do well to consider what some crow as a success story in Brighton for humanely dealing with the problems caused by Canada geese.
email print
Geese problem? What geese problem? Canada geese once posed problems for residents in the Lac de Ville neighborhood, but Brighton officials several years ago embarked on an ambitious program to control the bird population humanely.Mike MurphyGeese problem? What geese problem? Canada geese once posed problems for residents in the Lac de Ville neighborhood, but Brighton officials several years ago embarked on an ambitious program to control the bird population humanely.
By Mike Murphy, staff writer
Updated Aug. 23, 2010 @ 11:13 pm

Brighton, N.Y. —

The issue

Canada geese are an example of the ultimate visitor who may have stayed at the party too long. State government officials are considering substantially culling a population of geese estimated at a quarter million. They might do well to consider what some crow as a success story in Brighton for humanely dealing with the problems caused by Canada geese.

The past

It will be tough for anyone to forget about the geese that took over the pond in the Lac de Ville neighborhood about 10 years ago. The birds, which also took over two town parks, pooped all over the sidewalks in this walkable community, and posed threats to motorists as they waddled about like they owned the place. “It did get excessive and bothered a lot of our neighbors,” remembered Louis Andolino, whose home looks out over the pond. “We wanted a humane solution to our problem.”

The present

Today, ducks do swim about the pond, but geese are, for the most part, elsewhere. Several months of meetings involving residents, town staff, and state conservation officials produced a multi-faceted approach to geese control, said Brighton Councilman Jim Vogel. Geese were the cause celebre a decade ago, but he said he has not heard of a complaint in the last four years.

The future

Problem solved, yes, but Brighton has to keep at it. The town planted cattails and perennials to disrupt the flight path of the birds, and posted signs discouraging humans from feeding them. Animal control officers like David Ewell coat new goose eggs with corn oil every April to prevent hatching. The town also contracts for border collies to be walked around the waters to scare the birds away. As many as 40 birds made Lac de Ville home at the height of the problem; today, maybe a half dozen do, Ewell said.

Read more: Geese problem? What geese problem? - News - Brighton-Pittsford Post - Brighton, NY

I think they make illegal to feed white bread ....

Is probably because bread doesn't help the ducks to digest properly. And I see white deposits on the grass, that must be from white bread feeding frenzy. It's my theory. You all have some good points. I learn something from all of you on these posts. I need to read more about it.

You're wrong . Bread made duck poop more that is why some city do not allow people to feed the ducks in parks or boardwalks. My city will fines peopled if they feed ducks bread on the boardwalk. People are overfeeding the ducks and the more food you eat the more you poop. Have you ever seen loafs of bread growing in the wild? I haven't .

There are many reasons to want stop feeding wild geese, from over population to dirty water and grass. One natural way to rid of geese is to grow long grass. They feel threatened ifthey can't see predators and will leave for a clearer field.

No, I am not wrong, and you MIGHT not be wrong too. I happen to be there, I live in the area where there was severe problems and traffic back ups and it happened, period. Also, there has been cases where these birds actually attacked humans. I wish the local news article would be free for me to show to you. These news are in "Old news" and they charge fee to have the news brought up. I never heard of shyt issues until you brought up and I can see it can be problem.

Of course they DO fly, but they preserve their flight for necessity, it take more energy for them to fly than to walk.

We DO NOT live in the same city, our problem is totally difference than your. Why is that so hard for you to understand??? I am talking about one pond my city and the how bad the water is in the pond. Since people stop feeding the ducks they're now looking for their food and help the duck poop less and that will help keep the water from getting worst. This has NOTHING to with traffic or people getting mad about the ducks . The pond is not near high volume traffic . There is only 17, 416 people living my city, I telling we're nothing like NY city.
People can't feed the birds on the boardwalk anymore because there was bird poop all over the place and this was a health issues . The duck pond is a very importance to the city because of the history of it. I am very aware that ducks and geese can be a huge headache .

Which part of "You MIGHT not be wrong" you don't understand?

we DO NOT live in the same city, our problem is totally difference than your. Why is that so hard for you to understand??? I am talking about one pond my city and the how bad the water is in the pond. Since people stop feeding the ducks they're now looking for their food and help the duck poop less and that will help keep the water from getting worst. This has NOTHING to with traffic or people getting mad about the ducks . The pond is not near high volume traffic .

Back