Bought a new Notebook

purplecatty

Reaction score
I just bought a nice new Acer Aspire 1551-4650. It have 11.6 in screen capable 1360x768. 2 gig memory upgradeable to 4 gigs. Its processor is AMD Althon Neo Dual Core k325 and have integrated ATI Radeon Mobilty 4225 with 384mb dedicated memory. It have Windows Home Preminuim.

Technically it's still a "Netbook" but more powerful than Dell Mini netbook. Better than nothing. And I would be able to use Winodows 7 from now on.

I actually bought three of them, two for my kids and one for myself. I need new one to replace my big old "frankenstein" Acer Aspire 5040 (15.4 in screen) which is now a beat up crap and still works, it is for my young son to use so he won't have any more sibling fights over pc.. I am able to travel with smaller screen but bigger than my Dell Mini 1010 (Purple P3) netbook. I need powerful laptop to get around net and apps quickly. It was on sale online so I grabbed all 3 :lol:

Catty

$390.03 at Costcentral.com. Usually general price range between $475 to $525.

Catty

Of course! Dual core is a must. As soon as I got my notebooks. I researched AMD Althon Neo II processor, k325 is 1.3ghz. AMD Turion Neo II processor have two speeds, k625 is 1.5ghz and k665 is 1.7 ghz. All uses Socket S1 so It's upgradeable. I wanted to upgrade it to 1.7Ghz in near future :lol:

I tested the notebook with online games such as Pirate of the Caribbean, Roblox, Runescape and several MMOPG games. It ran smoothly because of ATI Radeon Mobilty 4225. I have not tested other game from CD such as URU, Myst3, Riven ect which is an graphic intensive game. This notebook do not have CD drive so I have to use external cd drive.

NEW! The 2010 AMD Ultrathin Platform

Catty

Of course! Dual core is a must. As soon as I got my notebooks. I researched AMD Althon Neo II processor, k325 is 1.3ghz. AMD Turion Neo II processor have two speeds, k625 is 1.5ghz and k665 is 1.7 ghz. All uses Socket S1 so It's upgradeable. I wanted to upgrade it to 1.7Ghz in near future :lol:

I tested the notebook with online games such as Pirate of the Caribbean, Roblox, Runescape and several MMOPG games. It ran smoothly because of ATI Radeon Mobilty 4225. I have not tested other game from CD such as URU, Myst3, Riven ect which is an graphic intensive game. This notebook do not have CD drive so I have to use external cd drive.

NEW! The 2010 AMD Ultrathin Platform

Catty

Speed not really matter to me. Like 2.4GHZ with dual cores is quick than 3.0ghz with single core also low ghz with multi cores are friendly for battery life.

How many hours for battery life?

BTW I got netbook with Intel Atom dual cores few months ago for my job as scan tool, TSB, RO, report, etc. So it got 9 hours of battery life. It was not bad! It's cost only $300. Yes, the Intel Atom dual cores are rare in USA.

Nice, I have Toshiba laptop with Intel Core i5 and ATI Radeon 5650 so good for games.

Love that old "frankenstein", lol. Yeah, I have to get a new desktop and laptop for myself. My desktop is getting old and running on P-4. So, I have to decide what I should get. Then I will use my old P-4 to run on Linux.

Maybe I should get this:

Truvia EPC
$55,000
Dubbed the 'Amish Computer,' Truvia builds elaborate, hand-crafted enclosures for high-end PCs. Pieces like this one can cost over $55,000 as they are tailormade to the buyers needs and specifications.

$55k, cheeeeep!

Attachments

• Truvia EPC.jpg
    Truvia EPC.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 8
hello my name is tee i just a month ago i just got a sony vaio 15.6 inch screen 3 gigs and it can expand to 8 320 gig harddrive hideaf screen number keys on the side movies look great it has everything please reply to me talk to you later

Speed not really matter to me. Like 2.4GHZ with dual cores is quick than 3.0ghz with single core also low ghz with multi cores are friendly for battery life.

How many hours for battery life?

BTW I got netbook with Intel Atom dual cores few months ago for my job as scan tool, TSB, RO, report, etc. So it got 9 hours of battery life. It was not bad! It's cost only $300. Yes, the Intel Atom dual cores are rare in USA.

My new laptop get 5 hours of battery life. That's only if it is on battery saver mode. My notebook get 3 1/2 hours battery life when I use it on normal run.

Catty

Back