Body Armor To Protect Pets From Coyote Attacks

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
"Our goal is to help prevent others from experiencing the heartbreak we suffered when our beloved Buffy was killed by a coyote."

http://www.coyotevest.com

(lots of pictures)

I'm sorry for the developers terrible loss and it may well be a good product - but I guess I'm honestly wondering how effective this actually is against a predator that is very canny and tenacious and can kill porcupines; also if there's a pack of coyotes....

Fishers are generally the only thing that will go after porcupines. Anything will if it's hungry enough but it will pay the price. I think the armor is more to keep coyotes and dogs from running buy and snatching the little dogs while out hiking. A coyote is going to be less likely to stick around and figure out the armor if the owner is right there (Unless it's really hungry and then the owner is possible food to)

I was told to carry walking stick when I take Marty outside after a coyote came right up to us a few years ago. A state wildlife expert told me make
a lot of
I'm sorry for the developers terrible loss and it may well be a good product - but I guess I'm honestly wondering how effective this actually is against a predator that is very canny and tenacious and can kill porcupines; also if there's a pack of coyotes....
Yeah one good bite on a small dog neck and it dead. The best way to protect a small dog is to never let it outside alone at any time of day and keep it on short leash
if you know coyotes are around . I call the state wildlife expert after a coyote came right up my dog and me a few years ago.
I was outside in our back yard close to the building and waiting for my dog to pee when I looked down there was coyote sniffing my dog's butt! I could of touch the
coyote that how close it was to us! The wildlife expert told me to use a shorter leash when walking my dog and carry a walking stick . Nothing could be done about the
coyote unless it was acting like had it rabies .

I think more convenient and effective is a 410 pistol with some buck shot in it but that's not for everyone.

I was told to carry walking stick when I take Marty outside after a coyote came right up to us a few years ago. A state wildlife expert told me make
a lot of

Yeah one good bite on a small dog neck and it dead. The best way to protect a small dog is to never let it outside alone at any time of day and keep it on short leash
if you know coyotes are around . I call the state wildlife expert after a coyote came right up my dog and me a few years ago.
I was outside in our back yard close to the building and waiting for my dog to pee when I looked down there was coyote sniffing my dog's butt! I could of touch the
coyote that how close it was to us! The wildlife expert told me to use a shorter leash when walking my dog and carry a walking stick . Nothing could be done about the
coyote unless it was acting like had it rabies

We have open season on coyotes during the day.

We have open season on coyotes during the day.
I know one year the ACO had to kill a lot of wolves b/c they had mange and she was worried it would spread to the coyotes and people dogs .
You can't shot a gun around houses so some jackasses talked about putting meat out with poison on it when we still had the open land behind my condo.
That the stupidest thing I never heard b/c that was farm land and the famer brought his dogs out there to run while he worked . I like coyotes
and have no issues with them as long as they don/t see my small dog as a snack . I rather have a coyote killing chipmunks than have the disgusting
rodents trying to get into my building . I think chipmunks are ugly little things !

That's why we have snakes... It keeps the rodent population down. There is meat eater predators that helps keep the deer and other plant eating animals population in control.

We don't have any snakes in our yard , I lived here 30 years and haven't seen one snake in our yard or the field before it was builds on.
We have a lot hawks and owls they help . But we lost owls when we had that horrible winter the year before, the owls weren't able to
hunt for rodents b/c they hidden in the snow . My dog would love to go rodent hunting .

I think chipmunks are super cute. We have one that hangs around. We named him Alvin.

4766493,7Jy4QbbYdyUDxkXib0Y9AeJv+d5hSflUC5zR3G+Zd4l4yH5dzGfraQSztuop7g8E2nGELzdyrhtIXcIJJUmZxQ==.jpg

Any predator in the skies can easily sever the spine of a dog with their talons... not just coyotes if not carry off with it this is a great idea if it works.

Looks cute tho reminds me of Rufio from Hook movie

Last edited:
Back