Blu ray: CRASH (Dissapointing)

JClarke

AD Veteran
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am not talking about how the movie went - but the movie ITSELF. This is the cover I own right now and it is on Blu Ray.

70xh80.jpg

You see this is a movie called 'CRASH' - I bought this because it says that it has captions - here is the proof below

scflw8.jpg

I inserted the disc in my Playstation 3 which has blu ray player inside, and it turns out this movie DOES NOT provide subtitles or CAPTIONS at all

This pisses me off :mad2:

I got Doc Martin series on DVD from England and the same happened to me. I was not happy either.

Why does these people state on the case that it DOES have captions where it DOES NOT?

CC and subtitle are different
I know, that Jiro but this is is a Blu ray movie, and it stated in the image above that it DOES have CC, and I turned it on that it doesn't have any CC

I'll bring in the screen shots as a proof in a minute

I know, that Jiro but this is is a Blu ray movie, and it stated in the image above that it DOES have CC, and I turned it on that it doesn't have any CC

I'll bring in the screen shots as a proof in a minute

just like some people have trouble with CC from HD channels

This is the normal main menu - I expected to turn on the CC via the audio set up

w1p3sl.jpg

and I went in and see NO captions enable option visble there at all

2ep808x.jpg

nono. CC is a built-in function within tv/player. what you're looking for in that menu is subtitle. apparently - there's no subtitle feature in dvd but there is probably CC hard-coded in the movie. You just need to enable CC in tv/bluray player

I dont know what you mean? My blu ray player is inside my PS3

I dont know what you mean? My blu ray player is inside my PS3

well when you watch tv with CC on, it's like this
1170781077.jpg

when you watch DVD with SUBTITLE on, it's like this
2aepjr5.jpg

2 completely different functions - CC and subtitle. some DVDs have no subtitle but have CC. You just need a tv with CC capability.

well when you watch tv with CC on, it's like this
1170781077.jpg

when you watch DVD with SUBTITLE on, it's like this
2aepjr5.jpg

2 completely different functions - CC and subtitle. some DVDs have no subtitle but have CC. You just need a tv with CC capability.
:hmm: My samsung TV only has Teletext Coded via analog only, but let me check on my 32" sony in the other room :S

:hmm: My samsung TV only has Teletext Coded via analog only, but let me check on my 32" sony in the other room :S

if it's just a regular computer LCD - it won't have it. you need a tv-enabled display.... like a big ole' box tv or LCD-TV or plasma tv. however - if you have mac computer, its movie program has CC function. I recall that your father got you a macbook so try that.

if it's just a regular computer LCD - it won't have it. you need a tv-enabled display.... like a big ole' box tv or LCD-TV or plasma tv. however - if you have mac computer, its movie program has CC function. I recall that your father got you a macbook so try that.
My father does, but it does not play Blu ray movies, remember?

and I attempted to hook up my PS3 with my SONY 32" TV and I come up with another problem, my PS3 wont show on my other TV, which I need to fix this first

My father does, but it does not play Blu ray movies, remember?

and I attempted to hook up my PS3 with my SONY 32" TV and I come up with another problem, my PS3 wont show on my other TV, which I need to fix this first

EPIC FAIL!

that's why I simply download the movie and subtitle.... and enjoy :)

EPIC FAIL!

that's why I simply download the movie and subtitle.... and enjoy :)
This doesn't work on my family 3 year old SOny 32" either. Looks like Im calling sony for a replacement

Maybe it's the hdmi cable which connects to the TV itself that isn't carrying the signal for closed captions? You should ask Banjo and he would be happy to explain what's the problem. :)

Maybe it's the hdmi cable which connects to the TV itself that isn't carrying the signal for closed captions? You should ask Banjo and he would be happy to explain what's the problem. :)
It works fine with my other blu ray movies, but it is my TV itself which is just a samsung LCD 22" and my PS3 is having problems with my other TV< which is the SOny one

It works fine with my other blu ray movies, but it is my TV itself which is just a samsung LCD 22" and my PS3 is having problems with my other TV< which is the SOny one

I don't really know the answer. Consult that with the tech support with that.

Jclarke, You may get other or friend's Blu-Ray disc player for testing subtitle or closed caption competiable on someone s HDTV.

Back