blackberry 8100/PEARL

F

FreeWoman77

Anyone has one? I do, and like it!

I have it!!!

I do! I love it!! It is so much better than SK3. Its faster, smaller and LIGHTER!!! I am not used to pearl's qwerty but I got hang of it...and its sure simple. I was gonna post about BB 8100-pearl but you posted it! What do you like about it?

What does it looks like? Does it have AIM/Yahoo IM? Those that I must have. If it don't have, then I'll go for DASH. :)

Enjoy your 'toy'! :)

yes they do. and MSN. I have it and I love it. My friend bought DASH, I was told that he didn't like it and it crashed a lot. That's all I know. You could check on cnet.com for reviews for blackberry, dash and sidekicks. Good luck!

Oh ok thanks!

yes they do. and MSN. I have it and I love it. My friend bought DASH, I was told that he didn't like it and it crashed a lot. That's all I know. You could check on cnet.com for reviews for blackberry, dash and sidekicks. Good luck!

Suretype v.s. QWERTY full keyboard!

Hi, I suprise that you guys got 8100 aka "Mini 8800". Of course it's look nice and sexy! 8100 and 8700g have same features. But 8700 doesn't have camera and some new features. Its reasonable payment months better than other cellphones. I hope you using Tmo service..

Yes, BB is better than SK, because I can customize and even download any apps third party softwares, musics, anythings on my berry like PC. Apps are for free, some pay..but most apps for free. SK apps (catalog) charge you for that if you want downloading it. Even limit opitions. Danger doesn't allow you customize the third partys like IMZ or others from internet. BB is king of best web that is fast load. BB is capable with gps map too!

However, I hate "SURETYPE" is not offically full QWERTY keyboard as 8700/8800. 8100's keyboard is too narrow button as the exact similar other cellphones's suretpye.

But its important that you are happy and comfort with PEARL (8100) as long as I am happy with my 8700g.

Good luck! :) ~Via BB~

Last edited:
I do! I love it!! It is so much better than SK3. Its faster, smaller and LIGHTER!!! I am not used to pearl's qwerty but I got hang of it...and its sure simple. I was gonna post about BB 8100-pearl but you posted it! What do you like about it?

I like it than SK2 and SK3!

What does it looks like? Does it have AIM/Yahoo IM? Those that I must have. If it don't have, then I'll go for DASH. :)

Enjoy your 'toy'! :)

BB 8100 Pearl does have AIM/YAHOO/MSN/ICQ as well as Blackberry messenger for whoever have BB they may send each other similiar with AIM but same both have BB messenger only, free of charge! I wish more deaf ppl have BB instead of SK :D AIM/YAHOO/MSN/ICQ will be charged to u for each receiving and sending but u may download third party like Ramble, +IM e.t.c. free of charge/unlimited messages that how I use ;) monthly is 29.99 unlimited data plan including 300 text messagings. I also have Micro SD in Pearl and save pictures, video and musics/ringtones (for my daughter). U may like to read more BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

Suretype is no plm with me, I have gotten used it, thankful, trackball is easy and quick to pick the letter :cool:
Hi, I suprise that you guys got 8100 aka "Mini 8800". Of course it's look nice and sexy! 8100 and 8700g have same features. But 8700 doesn't have camera and some new features. Its reasonable payment months better than other cellphones. I hope you using Tmo service..

Yes, BB is better than SK, because I can customize and even download any apps third party softwares, musics, anythings on my berry like PC. Apps are for free, some pay..but most apps for free. SK apps (catalog) charge you for that if you want downloading it. Even limit opitions. Danger doesn't allow you customize the third partys like IMZ or others from internet. BB is king of best web that is fast load. BB is capable with gps map too!

However, I hate "SURETYPE" is not offically full QWERTY keyboard as 8700/8800. 8100's keyboard is too narrow button as the exact similar other cellphones's suretpye.

But its important that you are happy and comfort with PEARL (8100) as long as I am happy with my 8700g.

Yeah I definitely love the camera. The pictures are much sharper than sk3. I l took a lot of pics of my husband and he get annoyed. Heehee. :giggle:

When I had SK3 while my husband was using bb 8700 and we had plms with keeping in touch and sk3 and bb are not reliable to each other. Now I am using BB and we use BB messenger. It is so easy!!

About qwerty, you re right, they are not the same as yours. But I got used to it. I learned that by using one hand typing (with suretype) is same speed as using both hands typing on sk3. (if you get hang of it) I got used to it quickly since I used to own bb 7105t. SO it was pretty similiar. I love it!!!

If I add any 3rd party and etc, my husband knows where to find for free. We got this great aim/msn/yahoo chat program and it s much better than ramble im and yakon.

*loving my bb* *smoochies*

And of course I am using tmo! The price is reasonable!

Yeah I definitely love the camera. The pictures are much sharper than sk3. I l took a lot of pics of my husband and he get annoyed. Heehee. :giggle:

When I had SK3 while my husband was using bb 8700 and we had plms with keeping in touch and sk3 and bb are not reliable to each other. Now I am using BB and we use BB messenger. It is so easy!!

About qwerty, you re right, they are not the same as yours. But I got used to it. I learned that by using one hand typing (with suretype) is same speed as using both hands typing on sk3. (if you get hang of it) I got used to it quickly since I used to own bb 7105t. SO it was pretty similiar. I love it!!!

If I add any 3rd party and etc, my husband knows where to find for free. We got this great aim/msn/yahoo chat program and it s much better than ramble im and yakon.

*loving my bb* *smoochies*

And of course I am using tmo! The price is reasonable!
{Mod Edit: Name removed upon request}

1> You are first person who sayings that sk3 and blackberry have problem with keep in touch.. My woman's sk and my berry never have any problem with communcation , email, on and on. its actual reliable eachothers without lame..

Yes I know BB pin is very neat. BB pin exactly like ICQ#.:)

2> What? excuse me, what did you said onther instant messging is better than yak-on, ramble, on and on? there is none better than other instant messagings at all.. I really feel comfort with Yak-on without say better than yours or other instant messaging. that is important for bberry who feel comfort, happy and satisfty with various third party software instant messagings.. that is their individual.. but you should thank many GENIUS developers who made third party softwares for blackberry users whoever can download it for FREEE!! smile..

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Pearl, it is very fashionable! When I got it for my wife, I kept on playing with it since it have all those awesome features!!! :ty: to my wife for her patience! LOL

The BB is the best for IM program. I have a friend that developed the IM software for the BB and let me beta test it on my 8700 and the Pearl. It works AWESOME! Same concept as trillian with AIM, Yahoo!, MSN, Google Talk, ICQ, Skype, and Myspace IM in one list. It's the best! Better than the SK because it is seperated and you would have to jump to each program to use it but this one have it all in one program.

Anyway, back to the topic about the Pearl, I really like their 4.2 OS so much better than the 4.1 on the 8700 device. The Pearl is an awesome device but I will hold out for a full qwerty Blackberry that is fit for a man since the Pearl looks good with women.

:h5: to RIM!

1> You are first person who sayings that sk3 and blackberry have problem with keep in touch.. My woman's sk and my berry never have any problem with communcation , email, on and on. its actual reliable eachothers without lame..

Yes I know BB pin is very neat. BB pin exactly like ICQ#.:)

2> What? excuse me, what did you said onther instant messging is better than yak-on, ramble, on and on? there is none better than other instant messagings at all.. I really feel comfort with Yak-on without say better than yours or other instant messaging. that is important for bberry who feel comfort, happy and satisfty with various third party software instant messagings.. that is their individual.. but you should thank many GENIUS developers who made third party softwares for blackberry users whoever can download it for FREEE!! smile..

Hello... please kindly remove my name. I would appreciate a lot.
Yes from my experience I had a lot of problems with my sk3. It is fortunate for you and your fiancee's sk3 is having no problem. I am glad for you. As for me and my friends have a lot of problems. Many of them sold their sk3 and switched to BB. Which it was understandable. Everyone have their own complains, right?
Answer to your #2, I have had two bbs since. I never liked Yakon and others. I am not saying my ims are better than others. I am saying that I am satisfied with this ims program. :) YES thankfully I am appreciating for GENIUS developers. I never said I wasn't thankful. Please respect my opinions as i respect yours. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello... please kindly remove my name. I would appreciate a lot.
Yes from my experience I had a lot of problems with my sk3. It is fortunate for you and your fiancee's sk3 is having no problem. I am glad for you. As for me and my friends have a lot of problems. Many of them sold their sk3 and switched to BB. Which it was understandable. Everyone have their own complains, right?
Answer to your #2, I have had two bbs since. I never liked Yakon and others. I am not saying my ims are better than others. I am saying that I am satisfied with this ims program. :) YES thankfully I am appreciating for GENIUS developers. I never said I wasn't thankful. Please respect my opinions as i respect yours. Thank you.
Honestly, Its ACTUAL accident that what I call your real name on this.. I did not think and check it before submit reply post on this.. I wasn't intend that what i called your real name, truly sorry..

I haven't any problem with other who use their own SK1v,2v,3v that chat me on my berry so far!

Yeah I bust you again, Are you saying: you never said better than others?? ::scratch head:: saying: Yes you did say your im program is better than others, please Look below from your quote:

Bewitched said:
Isn't it that obviously??

Excuse me!?, I honestly don't know what are you talk about respect your opinions about?? I did not come here to change your opinion.. BUT Can you be more specific?

KEEP IN MIND: there is none better than other instant messagings at all.. Whoever really feel comfort with third party IM without say better their im progams than other instant messaging. that is important for individual bberry who feel comfort, happy and satisfty with various third party software instant messagings..

Honestly, Its ACTUAL accident that what I call your real name on this.. I did not think and check it before submit reply post on this.. I wasn't intend that what i called your real name, truly sorry..

It's all forgiven, Not a problem. I appreciate your apology. Thanks!

I haven't any problem with other who use their own SK1v,2v,3v that chat me on my berry so far!

I am glad you had no problem. Unforunately, I did. There is nothing you can do about it. I guess my sk3 had a glitch. There is no such a thing for a perfect device. That is it.

Yeah I bust you again, Are you saying: you never said better than others?? ::scratch head:: saying: Yes you did say your im program is better than others, please Look below from your quote:

Bust me again? Now now I am scratching my head. I am not sure what you are getting at. I definitely never meanthat better than others? I am saying MY experience with sk3 was giving me a problem and BB is a device that I am pleased with. I am also SATISFIED with this IM program which it is about my SATISFACTION. Not yours, comprende?

Isn't it that obviously??

Excuse me!?, I honestly don't know what are you talk about respect your opinions about?? I did not come here to change your opinion.. BUT Can you be more specific?

Excuse me again, I still don't think you are getting my point here. I am not here to argue which is better and which is not. I am stating that I like my BB and I am very pleased with it. That was my opinion. I am not here to compete sk3 vs. BB. I am here to state my own personal experience, is that enough for you?

KEEP IN MIND: there is none better than other instant messagings at all.. Whoever really feel comfort with third party IM without say better their im progams than other instant messaging. that is important for individual bberry who feel comfort, happy and satisfty with various third party software instant messagings..

And keep in mind: I never implied that my program is better than others. I was implying in here that I am ONLY PLEASED with my BB. That was the point. I am not saying your fiancee's sk3 is bad or lousy. I am not saying your BB is lousy. I am saying from my personal experience. I really hope you catch my drift, man.

YOU are absolutely right that people have their own preferences with their programs such as weather channel, yak on, ramble im, games and etc. But I am not complaining what they are using. What I am complaining is I was not happy with some of the programs.

Again, I am very happy with my BB. I am also VERY HAPPY for you that you are having no problem with BB and SK3. Let's leave at it. Let's move on??
Thank you very much.

BB 8100 Pearl does have AIM/YAHOO/MSN/ICQ as well as Blackberry messenger for whoever have BB they may send each other similiar with AIM but same both have BB messenger only, free of charge! I wish more deaf ppl have BB instead of SK :D AIM/YAHOO/MSN/ICQ will be charged to u for each receiving and sending but u may download third party like Ramble, +IM e.t.c. free of charge/unlimited messages that how I use ;) monthly is 29.99 unlimited data plan including 300 text messagings. I also have Micro SD in Pearl and save pictures, video and musics/ringtones (for my daughter). U may like to read more BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

I have Ramble for AIM, Yahoo IM but I don't have MSN software on my BB but I hate OZ communications because it was used by SMS. Ramble for AIM and Yahoo has used EDGE data.
I think to buy and download about IM+ or JiveTalk software for Instant message.

from T-mobile BB 8100 pearl (black) owner.

Back