bilateral CI kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
He only wants his daughter to associate with deaf people who can hear which gives me the impression, deaf children who are implanted and are oral-only.

Ah...sigh.

Ah...sigh.

I would never forget this one. About 4 years ago, he shared that his daughter met a teacher who was deaf who had no oral skills and how his daughter preferred not to associate with that teacher so I asked him straight out if he would accept that person as his daughter's teacher. He said no. I was like, wow.

I would never forget this one. About 4 years ago, he shared that his daughter met a teacher who was deaf who had no oral skills and how his daughter preferred not to associate with that teacher so I asked him straight out if he would accept that person as his daughter's teacher. He said no. I was like, wow.

Oh, I remember that whole discussion. His daughter preferred not to associate with that teacher because she was trying to please her audist parents. I doubt seriously that it was her preference at all; just her attempt to be a "good girl" and do what mommy and daddy want.

Let's not make this thread about Cloggy. We all know how he is, no need to give him the moment of fame.

Nope. Still doesn't work. Get some help from someone a bit more technologically proficient than yourself.
It even works when I click it on your insulting post...
So...
Get some help from someone a bit more technologically proficient than yourself.

:roll: You can find 1,001 stupid excuses for not learning ASL, and not a single one for learning it, despite the fact that you are "hearing impaired". (And yes, I used that term specific to you, as it fits you better.) And you wonder why people see audism written all over you. smh

Actually, I explained many many times why I haven't learned ASL yet - simply because my family, my friends are all hearing.
So far I am still hearing fairly well with my HAs so I can communicate orally.
So far I don't need to communicate via SL.

With whom would I sign, I ask?

Due to my migraines, I am hardly sociable.
I hardly have the strength to socialize with the friends I have anymore,
let alone have the strength to make a new ones.

Heck, I hardly have the strength to learn ASL!

As for the "hearing impaired" - I do not see anything inappropriate with this term.
It's accurate. I am hearing impaired- I CAN'T HEAR WELL.

Fuzzy

That's really sad that some parents don't get it. I feel sorry for their kids for I know subliminally they're learning to hate people like themselves because of how their parents act. It happened to me. My parents never outright said anything negative about deaf people other than I should consider myself lucky I can speak and talk, unlike deaf people who only sign. That made me feel very superior to them and gave me an ego boost. That's messed up and I'm glad I know better now but wished this never happened at all. All this focus on hearing made me hate and resent deafness every single day. Now that I've stopped caring so much about being as hearing as possible, I'm much happier and more relaxed.

Parents really don't get it.

Let's not make this thread about Cloggy. We all know how he is, no need to give him the moment of fame.

You are absolutely correct. In fact, let's not make it about any of the audists that have attempted to minimize what Ash did for this young man. Let's keep it about deaf adults being mentors for deaf children and the value that has.

Actually, I explained many many times why I haven't learned ASL yet - simply because my family, my friends are all hearing.
So far I am still hearing fairly well with my HAs so I can communicate orally.
So far I don't need to communicate via SL.

With whom would I sign, I ask?

Due to my migraines, I am hardly sociable.
I hardly have the strength to socialize with the friends I have anymore,
let alone have the strength to make a new ones.

Heck, I hardly have the strength to learn ASL!

As for the "hearing impaired" - I do not see anything inappropriate with this term.
It's accurate. I am hearing impaired- I CAN'T HEAR WELL.

Fuzzy

I thought you have a deaf brother who went to a deaf school?

Some parents pay attention to their children's reactions and figure that into their decision making process. In fact, I would go so far as to say the parents making the best decisions take their children's reactions and needs into account far and above their own need to have a child that can speak and hear.

Unfortunately, we are not discussing how "some parents pay attention.....
and blah blah blah"

but what would be the best approach in such situation as Ash encountered.

Fuzzy

Don't recall saying "his daughter met a teacher who was deaf who had no oral skills and how his daughter preferred not to associate with that teacher" since my daughter never did such a thing.
Second part..
With Lotte being hearing, and not knowing sign, a teacher that has no oral skills is of no use to her at the moment. Perhaps later when Lotte will learn sign.

So.. get the story right... instead of making insinuations...

That person that you are accusing Jillio of insulting insulted another person for how she felt about ASL, fyi.
Possibly.. So.. two wrongs make a right..?? Some perspective..

I thought you have a deaf brother who went to a deaf school?

My brother is dead. Long dead.

I also wrote how I wasn't included in the deaf ways.
I wasn't taught SL ,and my brother never wanted me to sign.

I told you once you never read carefully what I write, Shel.
And then you made assumption about me based on what other people say about me - incorrectly say.

Fuzzy

don't recall saying "his daughter met a teacher who was deaf who had no oral skills and how his daughter preferred not to associate with that teacher" since my daughter never did such a thing.
Second part..
With lotte being hearing, and not knowing sign, a teacher that has no oral skills is of no use to her at the moment. Perhaps later when lotte will learn sign.

So.. Get the story right... Instead of making insinuations...

lotte is deaf. Deaf deaf deaf deaf deaf deaf.

DEAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back