bilateral CI kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cloggy, sometimes you (general you) ask question which design make statement. This call rhetorical question. You ask question, not really want answer. Everyone realise what you do. For instance, you realise what I say here:

Why would someone come AllDeaf, say such stupid things?

And I already explain Jillio example distorted perspectives you. Deaf child not exposed deaf community not same thing as deaf child active participant deaf community. A deaf child segregate from deaf community WILL have distorted perspectives because they will feel different. Same like you drop a giraffe into a field elephants. That giraffe will have distorted perspective compare giraffe raise among giraffes.

Well said!

"They develop some very distorted perspectives as a result." Really..? That's a strong conclusion..
What kind of perspectives?

But that would be the even worse for children growing up deaf and not able to hear..... Would they develop some very distorted perspectives as a result.??

I hope that more deaf children will have the opportunity to encounter deaf adults that can hear at some point in their childhood. It is a life altering experience. Too many deaf children never see another deaf person that can hear until they are grown and out on their own.

If that's how you really feel, then why are you refusing to send your daughter to deaf camps or social groups? Or not making any efforts to learn sign language with her?

Too many deaf children never see another deaf person that can hear until they are grown and out on their own.

If that's how you really feel, then why are you refusing to send your daughter to deaf camps or social groups? Or not making any efforts to learn sign language with her?

Yes absolutely.. )
If a Deaf person can be a rolemodel for a deaf child with CI, why can't a deaf adult with CI be a rolemodel for a Deaf child without CI..

Jillio's statement should be in both directions...

Too many deaf children never see another deaf person that can hear until they are grown and out on their own.

Yes absolutely.. )
If a Deaf person can be a rolemodel for a deaf child with CI, why can't a deaf adult with CI be a rolemodel for a Deaf child without CI..

You are making less sense with each post.

If a Deaf person can be a rolemodel for a deaf child with CI, why can't a deaf adult with CI be a rolemodel for a Deaf child without CI...

Are they still allowing children to be deaf? I thought most kids were getting implanted these days.

Oh, don't forget to note my signature line below...

I'm sure you feel this way.. It's about adults being a rolemodel for children.. You remember the little boy in OP..?

Thanks - Works now..

An adult role-model: from the ASL-Cochlear implant Blog:

Nope. Still doesn't work. Get some help from someone a bit more technologically proficient than yourself.

Well... you are really trying to set the record in insulting people... I think it is working....

That person that you are accusing Jillio of insulting insulted another person for how she felt about ASL, fyi.

Cloggy. I thought I'd be fair to let you know - I'm reporting every single one of your posts.

"they develop some very distorted perspectives as a result." really..? That's a strong conclusion..
What kind of perspectives?

But that would be the even worse for children growing up deaf and not able to hear..... Would they develop some very distorted perspectives as a result.??

i hope that more deaf children will have the opportunity to encounter deaf adults that can hear at some point in their childhood. it is a life altering experience. Too many deaf children never see another deaf person that can hear until they are grown and out on their own.

omg...

He only wants his daughter to associate with deaf people who can hear which gives me the impression, deaf children who are implanted and are oral-only.

There are very few deaf people who try as hard as you do to come across as hearing. So sad.

This is what happens to children who never encounter a mentor such as Ash. They spend their lives trying to fit in and be hearing, and failing miserably.

I am supporting the notion of this boy learning the ASL and being included -
no- ACTIVE- in the Deaf community. How come you missed that?
Or is it you conveniently and consistently like to miss that when it comes to me?

I am just saying that thinking that the 3 years old boy's opinion has
any bearing on the matter is ridiculous.

If one expects to make any difference with any CI child like the boy in question,
then one must engage the PARENTS, not the child.

It's all very well to first talk to the child, show him the sign language and all,
but since the decision makers are his parents - not a 3 years old toddler - I believe it is self explanatory how it's them who should be convinced, not the boy.

Fuzzy

Yes absolutely.. )

It doesn't work that way.

Or is it you conveniently and consistently like to miss that when it comes to me?

If one expects to make any difference with any CI child like the boy in question,

It's all very well to first talk to the child, show him the sign language and all,
but since the decision makers are his parents - not a 3 years old toddler - I believe it is self explanatory how it's them who should be convinced, not the boy.

Fuzzy
I don't even understand you in the first paragraph....
Thank you for sticking to the topic, btw.

Fuzzy

Some parents pay attention to their children's reactions and figure that into their decision making process. In fact, I would go so far as to say the parents making the best decisions take their children's reactions and needs into account far and above their own need to have a child that can speak and hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back