Best Place To Live In Florida?

Sink holes aren't THAT common jeeze. People act like they happen every day or something.

+1 I was born and raised in daytona beach (23 years) and I have NEVER ever seen a sinkhole in person. There are people who have lived in florida all their entire lives and never ran into a sinkhole. :roll:

The most dangerous situation I ever encountered from nature was hurricanes and even so, you get a lot of advance warning so you got a lot of time to either evacuate or board up your house.

Sink holes aren't THAT common jeeze. People act like they happen every day or something. Plus, they usually happen in areas that aren't very populated, hence Dunedien where it happened yesterday. Nothing is in friggin Dunedien! :laugh2:

Not true , people lost their homes in that sinkhole and there is nothing funny about that. There has been a few sinkholes in Florida this year , one guy was sleeping when a sinkhole happen and the guy body never been found.
:(

Seeing as how you don't like sinkholes then move to Oklahoma. Oh wait they have tornadoes where people have lost their lives and homes.

How about living in beautiful Alaska? Oh wait, people die from the harsh winters, it gets so cold that if you end up stranded outside it's a death sentence.

Scratch that, how about living in california, oh wait they have earthquakes that can destroy lives and buildings in an instant.

Ok, how about Hawaii instead? Oh wait there are flash foods that can destroy your home with no warning! Plus they have volcanoes, the horror!

How about Texas instead? Sorry they get hit bad with heat waves and hurricanes.

Come on, get real, no matter where you go there will always be some negative quality and you just have to learn to live with it. Check out this map of disasters, note how EVERY state has some kind of natural disaster associated with it: USATODAY.com - The landscape of natural disasters

Not true , people lost their homes in that sinkhole and there is nothing funny about that. There has been a few sinkholes in Florida this year , one guy was sleeping when a sinkhole happen and the guy body never been found.
:(

Yes, I am aware of the missing man in the sinkhole, and yes it is sad. I'm saying Dunedin is a very un-populated area, I didn't say there was NO population lady. :P My parents moved here from Romania and I have been born and raised here in Tampa Bay. I have never seen a sink hole in person, don't know anyone personally who has either. You hear about them and there have been 2 this year. Honestly, there are more disasters elsewhere year round like tornadoes and floods and crap. We have a few sink holes and everyone thinks we have them all the time or something. Just like hurricanes. I've never been hit by one here, yet everyone thinks we get plowed over all the time. We maybe get rain bands from them but RARELY does Florida actually get directly hit by a hurricane.

We've had a few (sink holes) here in Jacksonville....even yesterday it was on the news about a House with cracks in the Foundation....fortunately, the owners of the House no longer live there and it's empty.....The newscaster showed where he put a bottle of water on the ground, and the water bottle started rolling downwards....Sort of creepy, I know....

Seeing as how you don't like sinkholes then move to Oklahoma. Oh wait they have tornadoes where people have lost their lives and homes.

How about living in beautiful Alaska? Oh wait, people die from the harsh winters, it gets so cold that if you end up stranded outside it's a death sentence.

Scratch that, how about living in california, oh wait they have earthquakes that can destroy lives and buildings in an instant.

Ok, how about Hawaii instead? Oh wait there are flash foods that can destroy your home with no warning! Plus they have volcanoes, the horror!

Come on, get real, no matter where you go there will always be some negative quality and you just have to learn to live with it. Check out this map of disasters, note how EVERY state has some kind of natural disaster associated with it: USATODAY.com - The landscape of natural disasters

HEHE!

So excited I"m going to Daytona in March for my first bike week!!!! :dance: Nothing can take this excitement from me!!! :D Now to find some sexy ladies to cart with me buahaha!!! ( Ones not all scared of being on the back of a bike that is ) So much fun, DAYTONA PARTY BABY WHOO!!!

Bike week will be cool for sure but just a heads-up the police really crack down on DUIs. Even if you have 1 little beer or margarita make sure to stay off the bike until the alcohol wears off; even if they suspect you're a little tipsy you'll find yourself in jail, which can be a buzzkill.

The place to hang out is main street in downtown daytona, you'll probably never see so many bikes in one spot.

If you get a little tired of the crowds, there are two good roads, A1A which is right on the beachside, the scenery is nice and relaxing. There's also Old Dixie Highway which has some beautiful trees and scenery, it's so popular with bikers they actually have signs saying that loud motorcycles are prohibited!

Here's a google linky to Old Dixie Highway: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...YtA;FU-VvwEdWtIq-w&oq=Main+st&t=h&mra=ls&z=13

Bike week will be cool for sure but just a heads-up the police really crack down on DUIs. Even if you have 1 little beer or margarita make sure to stay off the bike until the alcohol wears off; even if they suspect you're a little tipsy you'll find yourself in jail, which can be a buzzkill.

The place to hang out is main street in downtown daytona, you'll probably never see so many bikes in one spot.

If you get a little tired of the crowds, there are two good roads, A1A which is right on the beachside, the scenery is nice and relaxing. There's also Old Dixie Highway which has some beautiful trees and scenery, it's so popular with bikers they actually have signs saying that loud motorcycles are prohibited!

Here's a google linky to Old Dixie Highway: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...YtA;FU-VvwEdWtIq-w&oq=Main+st&t=h&mra=ls&z=13

My bike isn't really loud so I'll be okay. :P

I'm going with a good friend of mine who goes every year so she knows where to go and all of that. :P

I have a very good friend of mine who's mother is very high up in Florida government.... I don't get in trouble much. :P Not to mention, I wouldn't ever hop on my bike if I was tipsy, that's just retarded. :D I wouldn't risk myself or anyone else by doing something so stupid. I don't even drive my car if I can't wait 3 hours per drink I have. :P A DUI would completely smash all of my certifications for being a PA and destroy my MD career I'm 2 years away from.... Wouldn't dream of risking all of that, especially someone else's life. Never been to jail thankfully, but I can imagine the buzz kill and all.... :laugh2:

i think more brits live in florida than americans these days dont know the attraction is

I have never ran into a Brit here.... :eek3: Weird... :laugh2: I know quite a few Romanian's as we seem to flock together... :laugh2: But, never met a Brit here... :P

No brits here either. The only foreigner I ever met was from brazil, spain and russia.

know lot who go there,friend just bought house in Orlando.....i would love go to everglades on one of those boat things that look like big fans,see alligators and birds..saw film with Bogart in called Key Largo that looked nice

It's a fanboat. :P They're fun for sure, and usually pretty cheap to hitch a ride on. :D Key Largo is a beachy area. :P Very beautiful expensive place to live. :( I keep meaning to take a trip to Key West but I've been so distracted with work and school. :doh: Hard to enjoy living in Florida sometimes when you have to work to survive. :doh:

We have earthquakes? I thought it was just a massage. *shrug* :P

Yes, I am aware of the missing man in the sinkhole, and yes it is sad. I'm saying Dunedin is a very un-populated area, I didn't say there was NO population lady. :P My parents moved here from Romania and I have been born and raised here in Tampa Bay. I have never seen a sink hole in person, don't know anyone personally who has either. You hear about them and there have been 2 this year. Honestly, there are more disasters elsewhere year round like tornadoes and floods and crap. We have a few sink holes and everyone thinks we have them all the time or something. Just like hurricanes. I've never been hit by one here, yet everyone thinks we get plowed over all the time. We maybe get rain bands from them but RARELY does Florida actually get directly hit by a hurricane.

When I lived in Northern California I was helping a guy unload his pickup truck and all of a sudden the ground fell from under my feet . I grabbed onto the back of the truck not knowing how big the hole would get. It was about foot wide , it was a dirt road and I was lucky the truck was not parked
where the ground opened up. The weight of the truck could had made the hole bigger. That was the closet I got to a sinkhole and it was a frighten feeling standing on solid ground one minute and the next moment you're standing on thin air.

know lot who go there,friend just bought house in Orlando.....i would love go to everglades on one of those boat things that look like big fans,see alligators and birds..saw film with Bogart in called Key Largo that looked nice

It's a fanboat. :P They're fun for sure, and usually pretty cheap to hitch a ride on. :D Key Largo is a beachy area. :P Very beautiful expensive place to live. :( I keep meaning to take a trip to Key West but I've been so distracted with work and school. :doh: Hard to enjoy living in Florida sometimes when you have to work to survive. :doh:

Airboats - we have 7 in our neighborhood. With my hearing loss (total), they vibrate the ground when they run the motors in preparation for putting away through the off-season. Once, and only once, all 7 were running and people ended up with broken windows and the airport (1 mile away) had to get them to stop as it was interfering with the sensors in the runways.

Miami... Miami... Miami...

I prefer Orlando because of Disney World. :D

Wirelessly posted

Foxrac said:
Miami... Miami... Miami...

I prefer Orlando because of Disney World. :D

Ewwwww Miami! You can't go outside after dark in most places! :( Orlando because of Disney is good. :P but Miami? Ewwww...

Back