best antivirus software ?

highlands

Premium Member
Reaction score
what is best antivirus software ? your ideas ?

Nod32, kaspersky , avg, avast ,norton and any other ?

My computer recently got infected by a trojan/virus and avast didn't do a good job so I've now been using kaspersky .

FYI: Once I had experinced with trojan crash on my PC, ( not Laptop heheh). trojan is already beated antiviris software, access your data and destoryed your data period. The "speical educational" antivirus software is impossbile to remove trojan from your Harddrive.

Why need anti-software for PC? Honestly, I never have the intalled any stupid/ waste antiviris software on MY laptop since 1999 or 2000. I became ANTI-antivirus software which is my truly opinion.

If I bought the HIGH performence/ professional Computer or the TOP BAND Laptop, I do refuse to put the waste anti-virius software on my pc/ Laptop either period. why need it?

You can sometimes find anti-virus software at some stores for a cheap price.

I saw Norton Anti-Virus at Fry's for $40 with $30 rebate last month. :)

Only best anti-virus if you need it then goes for kaspersky, I found it was good from notebook review.

I don't install any anti-virus software on my PC anymore, even never on Mac too because numrous of anti-virus software are really annoying and demands on my CPU then forgot it, Norton is bad because many virus writers are already break in Norton. You only have to be careful with website that you can trust or not, just browse on good website like AD (stay away from scammer's thread), IGN, Sony, CNET, Apple or others then you won't get any viruses, also just use firefox and use IE for browse on MS based website like Windows Live.

If you aren't sure to be care or want free from viruses in completely then Mac is only of your choice but I know it's expensive in your country as well, even if you want switch to Linux.

Thanks for the inputs. I try to avoid to visit every site but sometimes you get caught by a virus/trojan unexpectedly. that's why I use anti virus .

Unfortunately, virus and spywares are everywhere on the internet, sometimes I don't even remember which web sites I visited, or which one that had the virus or the spywares in it, when I had my first computer, I had McAfee free trail up to 30 days, I had no problems with McAfee so I brought cd of McAfee program until it expired then I haven't had any protection for several months then my husband download panda onto my computer, ever since then I had so many problems, so much spywares, virus, etc, it was very hard to get ruid of, casue there was just soo many of them and cause my computer not to work properly, and was going out of control, now I brought a brand new computer system, and use Norton AntiVirus, it works great, and now I know what would happen to my computer if it is not protected by any antivirus programs, that's why it's important to keep updating these programs on a regular basis or even when it's expired. Don't wait

Norton is bad because many virus writers are already break in Norton.

That's your opinion cause Norton is a lot better than Panda, and I have no problem with Norton at all, no virus no spywares, it works great!

what is best antivirus software ? your ideas ?

Nod32, kaspersky , avg, avast ,norton and any other ?

My computer recently got infected by a trojan/virus and avast didn't do a good job so I've now been using kaspersky .

:nono::nono: been visiting those sites highlands? :laugh2: I am kidding recently the trojan virsus entered my computer grrr...you can search online for free subscriptions that help you from onecare by msn its helpful. Hope u get rid of the virus.

:nono::nono: been visiting those sites highlands? :laugh2: I am kidding recently the trojan virsus entered my computer grrr...you can search online for free subscriptions that help you from onecare by msn its helpful. Hope u get rid of the virus.

:slap:

my computer got infected by a trojan via MSN but hopefuly I removed it with kaspersky ... thanks anyway

I am using Lavasoft Ad-ware SE Personal, Spybot - Search & Destroy, AVG and McAfee SiteAdvisor (this one is very good ones too) and those didn't give me any problems ever since...

I am using Lavasoft Ad-ware SE Personal, Spybot - Search & Destroy, AVG and McAfee SiteAdvisor (this one is very good ones too) and those didn't give me any problems ever since...
Same here...

Ad-Aware
Spybot Search & Destroy
McAfee

They do me wonders! :)

Ad-Adware
AVG Anti-Virus
Tread Micro's HouseCall (Free)
Flock 1.0 (a Mozilla web browser)

Kaspersky has a good rate on finding Trojans.
I remember the old days of Dr. Solomon's Anti-Virus, was the great antivirus program, best defence against AOL Password Stealing Trojans until Dr. Solomon was bought by McAfee long time ago.

Norton Antivirus hogs your system resources. So I stick with AVG which I have less system resources to be hogged on.

I currently have "Trojan Virus" on my HP pc its soo hard to get rid of. I even went out and bought Norton AntiVirus and it gives me a message "Emergancy Repair" I did leave my pc running all night nothing seems to get back to normal. I have my desktop turn white background and only the icons highlighte in a odd way. Does anyone here have any suggestions? What it boils down to is that I can't even download Norton on my HP :dunno: why?

I used to have Zonelalarm Internet Security Suite. Now, I just deleted from my laptop and desktop pc. It's really a performance eater!!! My lappy was slow going when it had Zonealarm. I decided to delete Zonealarm from laptop, I notice it's performance jumped and it was fast going around (like it had been freed from leash!!). I just turned on Window's own firewall on ( now I don't really care about Windows, I'm tired of fixing this craps). NOD32 is good antivirus program. I noticed it doesn't affect XP's performance at all. So does Kaspersky Firewall. I had to configure firewall port to open up for file sharing.

I rather use Linux (Ubuntu Gusty Gibbon 7.10) cuz it have built in firewall and very secure. I haven't had any virus or trojan horse. Linux cannot read virus code that Windows reads and get killed.

Catty

CAtty.

FYI: Once I had experinced with trojan crash on my PC, ( not Laptop heheh). trojan is already beated antiviris software, access your data and destoryed your data period. The "speical educational" antivirus software is impossbile to remove trojan from your Harddrive.

Why need anti-software for PC? Honestly, I never have the intalled any stupid/ waste antiviris software on MY laptop since 1999 or 2000. I became ANTI-antivirus software which is my truly opinion.

If I bought the HIGH performence/ professional Computer or the TOP BAND Laptop, I do refuse to put the waste anti-virius software on my pc/ Laptop either period. why need it?

I don't blame ya XBGMER!! I have gotten tired of stupid branded Firewall and Antivirus. I'm sticking with Ubuntu Linux!! Better than Windoz It got all Eyecandy and nice feature. But it can't run windows apps except installing it with Wine or Crossover or any other Windows "emulator". But Linux DOES have some weakness tho.

AS for trojan horse in hdd. I had one and I was able to remove it. I just reformatted hdd and reinstall. It removed trojan horse virus tho.

Most important thing is that DONT keep any personal info or files in pc or laptop. keep it in flash drive or burn it in CD/DVD.

Catty

I researched this recently, and I would have to say Kaspersky is the best right now, while Norton is getting a lot of complaints.

For a long time, I've heard nothing but praise and admiration for PC-cillin.

I use the free one's myself. I suggest using many different ones, but never at the same time. I would do a scan with one and when its finished shut it down and do a scan with another. I never have any of them starting up with the computer either. Its better to just not download anything and to turn on your pop up blockers. If you really need to download something download it to the desktop and then scan it. Try to download stuff that is compressed in a .zip file and make sure it's a .zip not a zip.exe with the exe extension hidden.

Back