Benefits to being Deaf/HOH

True.... I was just kidding though.

Tinnitus however is no joke.

For the first time ever since I can remember, I really had a bad case of it all day at work. Just wow. It is a side effect from my new prescribed allergy meds. Ugh

I find the NYT irrevelant as I live in the deep Southeastern United States. I'm pretty much cut off from NY and it might as well be on a different planet compared to where I live.

However the Daily Telegraph has a lot of interesting articles that are much more in depth than American sources - that I like to read when I get the time.

Other than that; we have very different sources of news which is interesting.

Dude, the NYT’s is a World Renowned Paper it reports on events from all over the world, NOT just New York…lol:lol:

Re did collage

After reading a few posts I decided to redo this collage…I’m sorry if I offended anyone…I was just trying to be politically correct when I originally did it…hope you like it.

BTW, I came up with this collage while sitting in traffic with my ex-wife and 3 children…and even though I obviously couldn’t hear what was going on I knew that the kids were fighting and my wife was flipping out!! …lol…That, along with what I could imagine the noise pollution going on outside the car with all the traffic and all…I was able to sit back and enjoy my quiet bliss..:lol:

geo31522-albums-some-samples-my-art-work-picture5510-deaf-motif2.pdf

Like anything in life, you learn to take the bad with the good. I'm fine with my deafness and I do enjoy the quiet that comes with it. I don't enjoy the disconnect with the hearing people around me. It seems easier now that it used to be. Perhaps because I had some hearing in the past and that just made me more aware of what I am missing. Today, I can enjoy a silent lunch with other hearing folks chatting around me. There are times when I would like to be more engaged with my coworker, but over all I like who I am and what I am. Being deaf is as much a way of life as it is a lifestyle.

Back