Being Single Sucks.

Well yea. I think it's human nature to want companionship, BUT when you actual feel how drama free a relationship can be then it feels real good. Imo once you're in a relationship its no longer me, it's us, and that's tons of responsibility especially when you have other responsibilities. I think relationships are great when the other person is on the same level, and they compliment you. It's just so rare finding that "glove" that it's like why bother. I do find the thrill of the chase to be very exciting. :naughty:

I feel that it does, time from time...especially if you live alone, surrounded by hearies..or ur family living in another state....Having a pet helps a lot.

But even a family or a pet doesn't make up for having someone that loves you as a mate.....Living alone, in my opinion, builds character, and giving you a chance to really know yourself...ur dislikes and ur hopes for a better future, and common sense in looking for a mate. Many people make the mistake of picking anyone, because they are so lonely and suffer the consequences, divorse, etc.

Never felt that way. I always enjoyed being single.

When you are single you can go for coffee or a beer after work and don't have to even think about explaining it to someone. Jealousy and fighting are things I can't abide and won't waste my time on. Most couples have both. You can hug a friend without worry of a misunderstanding.

I'm hearing -- one of my pleasures is turning off the TV, radio, etc. and not having a sound in the house. Most hearing people think they can't live without sound so the first thing they do is turn the noise makers on. They don't know sign language so you wind up screaming at each other over the top of meaningless noise. I know people who can't sleep without the TV on.

I am happily married but I am so because I am even happier married to a marvelous woman who is an artist, enjoys silence, mutual trust, and many other things together.

You are far better off single than in a bad relationship.

you know what REALLY sucks? being lied in the face, cheated, stabbed in the back, and used sucks even more.

you know what REALLY sucks? being lied in the face, cheated, stabbed in the back, and used sucks even more.

True dat....and it's part of life's lessons...For some people, it makes them very wary of trying again and not being able to trust anyone at all....*raising my hand*.....Life is full of trickery, always has been....But if you don't keep trying, you'll always be alone. Just have to live and learn and watch for the symptoms of being used, lied and cheated to....confront that person and get out of the relationship if you can't trust them, because trust is the main thing that holds a relationship together....

If you let urself be used, then you deserve to be used....and there are many, many people who will do that to you as long as you permit it.

Of course I don't think anyone would prefer a bad relationship over none. However some people enjoy the drama. Makes for a good twitter post. :hmm:

True dat....and it's part of life's lessons...For some people, it makes them very wary of trying again and not being able to trust anyone at all....*raising my hand*.....Life is full of trickery, always has been....But if you don't keep trying, you'll always be alone. Just have to live and learn and watch for the symptoms of being used, lied and cheated to....confront that person and get out of the relationship if you can't trust them, because trust is the main thing that holds a relationship together....

If you let urself be used, then you deserve to be used....and there are many, many people who will do that to you as long as you permit it.

My mother told me:

"Lovers are like shoes. Before you buy a pair you walk around the store in them. If they pinch, scratch, rub, or in any other way annoy you -- Don't buy them. If you do they will give you blisters and aching feet you will regret."

She also said:

"People are creatures of habit. Always make sure you know the truth about how and why they left their last lover -- Because they will treat you exactly the same."

My mother told me:

"Lovers are like shoes. Before you buy a pair you walk around the store in them. If they pinch, scratch, rub, or in any other way annoy you -- Don't buy them. If you do they will give you blisters and aching feet you will regret."

She also said:

"People are creatures of habit. Always make sure you know the truth about how and why they left their last lover -- Because they will treat you exactly the same."

I like that! Especially the bold part.

And I so agree with Berry....my example is that an old flame has tried to come back into my life....but I do remmy the bad times more than the good...and also his previous relationships (some were friends of mine)......

So many, many VP calls from him...it got to the point to where I blocked him....He's lonely, and I do know that. But his problem is lack of respect for women in general....I don't need that in my peaceful life and I did tell him that he needed to seek therapy for his problem(s), which he felt insulted when I said that.But, I was serious, so I've blocked any further calls.

I love being married but I do miss that excitment of meeting a new potential date..with all the sparks flying. Sometimes, my hubby and I pretend we are single and meet up at a restaurant as a blind date. Just tyring to keep up the excitment but it does take a LOT of work.

Yep, being single does have its advantages.

Sometimes yes. Sometimes no.

I know exactly what you mean. I like to go to baseball games but I dont like being by myself. So I dont go very often. I go to rib fest every year and I have no one to share those ribs with. It can be lonely.

I have people telling me I'm lucky I dont have a family b/c of the economy. I'm very stress free b/c of it.( I feel it) I can look at women in public and get away with it. :giggle: I actually enjoy lookin at women in public. I dont have to "sneak" in a nice strip club which is nice. I can go in and have fun without feeling shame.

Sometimes, I visit Asian Massage Parlors. ( Cant knock a guy down b/c he is very single)

I know exactly what you mean. I like to go to baseball games but I dont like being by myself. So I dont go very often. I go to rib fest every year and I have no one to share those ribs with. It can be lonely.

I have people telling me I'm lucky I dont have a family b/c of the economy. I'm very stress free b/c of it.( I feel it) I can look at women in public and get away with it. :giggle: I actually enjoy lookin at women in public. I dont have to "sneak" in a nice strip club which is nice. I can go in and have fun without feeling shame.

Sometimes, :shock:. ( Cant knock a guy down b/c he is very single)

Lmao.

:lol: you heard of asian message parlors? Two places I used to go got raided by Columbus police. :aw:

I'm a New Yorker, AND usually there is more than massaging going on. They're pretty synonymous with "happy endings."

Back