Bakers refuse to makes wedding cakes for same sex couples

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope. no such thing.

if there was, it would be struck down as unconstitutional.

The retail, bank, hotel, fast food, restaurant, many places with public accomendation cannot deny to do business with gay people.

They will not denied because McDonald's doesn't have supply to meet the customer's need and they don't carry all menu from A to Z.

The situation about baker - he haven't mention about supply as reason so he could offer a clean wedding cake to gay couple and the gay couple has to modify it.

Not to be rude, but you really need to learn more about the law AND about wedding cakes. Neither are as simple as you think.

The retail, bank, hotel, fast food, restaurant, many places with public accomendation cannot deny to do business with gay people.

incorrect. please cite a legal statute.

by your logic - if I have my own business, I would be forced to provide service to homophobic and racist people. I would not be able to tell them to get out of my restaurant if they were making homophobic and racist comments in my restaurant.

why do you use 'depending on factors'? to look smart? but really what factors? its clear you dont understand... a Deaf Association isnt going to sue a business who doesnt want to employ a deaf man, it is up to the deaf man to do it. then again, the other reality, you have to realise is, 'Money talks bullshit walks' bad as it is, if you have no money to use to sue, then you're fucked...and everyone knows that

See #81

Could a Christian rock band be forced to play AC/DC songs next?

The baker did not refuse to do business either. He does not offer the service they requested.

The baker did not refuse to do business either. He does not offer the service they requested.

this is no different from a baker refusing to make a penis cake for bachelorette party.

incorrect. please cite a legal statute.

by your logic - if I have my own business, I would be forced to provide service to homophobic and racist people. I would not be able to tell homophobic and racist people to get out of my restaurant if they were making homophobic and racist comments in my restaurant.

No, your define about my logic is incorrect.

http://data.lambdalegal.org/pdf/fs_oregon-equality-act.pdf

The Oregon law make illegal for businesses to do not business or not serve to gay people (because of sex orientation), so this state law doesn't protect homophobic or racist people.

It is just like civil rights law for race, gender and religion; and ADA for disabilities.

No, your define about my logic is incorrect.

http://data.lambdalegal.org/pdf/fs_oregon-equality-act.pdf

The Oregon law make illegal for businesses to do not business or not serve to gay people (because of sex orientation), so this state law doesn't protect homophobic or racist people.

It is just like civil rights law for race, gender and religion; and ADA for disabilities.

incorrect. like I said... I guess you'll have to wait and read the final outcome as it will most likely show that you are wrong and the baker was well within his rights to refuse to make a cake for gay marriage.

I disagree with you and I believe that baker refused to do business with lesbian couple.

this is no different from a baker refusing to make a penis cake for bachelorette party.

They are not protected under law, also supply is one reason to not offer aka not available.

Lesbian couple wants wedding cake, that it.

I thought you were gonna wait for judge to decide?

Yes, but I don't agree with your statement about saying I'm incorrect and I felt that you may not get it, also my post isn't specifically point at baker, so it is about businesses can't deny based on gender, race, religion, disabilites, sex orientation, etc.

The bank can't refuse to do business with me because I'm deaf and communicate in ASL, so the bank has to make accomendation, such as communicate in writing or interpreter.

Yes, but I don't agree with your statement about saying I'm incorrect and I felt that you may not get it, also my post isn't specifically point at baker, so it is about businesses can't deny based on gender, race, religion, disabilites, sex orientation, etc.

The bank can't refuse to do business with me because I'm deaf and communicate in ASL, so the bank has to make accomendation, such as communicate in writing or interpreter.
I completely understand this situation and I fully understand the laws but you don't.

Like I said - I don't like this baker's decision to refuse to make a wedding cake for gay couples but I respect his right to refuse. If you're forcing a baker to provide cake for gay couples, then you are forcing me to provide service to racist and homophobic people.

Do you understand now?

I disagree with you and I believe that baker refused to do business with lesbian couple.

You can disagree if you wish. But the articles CLEARLY state this. :lol:

I completely understand this situation and I fully understand the laws but you don't.

Like I said - I don't like this baker's decision to refuse to make a wedding cake for gay couples but I respect his right to refuse. If you're forcing a baker to provide cake for gay couples, then you are forcing me to provide service to racist and homophobic people.

Do you understand now?

How does make relation between gay people and racist/homophobic people? :confused:

The law protects gay people but it does not protect racist and homophobic people.

How does make relation between gay people and racist/homophobic people? :confused:

The law protects gay people but it does not protect racist and homophobic people.

based on gender, race, religion, disabilities, sex orientation, etc.

homophobic people = they have religious view.

Do you understand now?

Not only that, since bakers also cater, you would be forcing them to attend an event that goes against their beliefs. That, to me, is UN-American.

Lesbian couple should be lucky to find other bakers in Oregon or Washington, but not case with southern states for now, so it is good opportunity to open the new bakery business when gay marriage is legal in Alabama, Georgia, Florida, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back