Baby's reactions to their with cochlear implant

Everything is getting repeated over and over and over again at every generation of Deaf kids. Like long time ago the generation used hearing aids box for 1st time would say their Deaf child wouldn't have problem as previous generation had, then aids improved and became smaller then new generation of Deaf kids, parents would say their Deaf child won't be like previous generation of boxed aids children, then CI came along and new generation of Deaf children, parents still would say their Deaf child won't get same problem as previous generation of aids. And so on and on and on, looks like it never going to end. One very huge big never ending circle.

After all those many technologies and lots changes and improvements, they still can't get most or all Deaf children fit in hearing world perfectly. There still big need for sign language. I wonder what next generation would come up with and see them repeat the same thing as all previous generations said in past.

Everything is getting repeated over and over and over again at every generation of Deaf kids. Like long time ago the generation used hearing aids box for 1st time would say their Deaf child wouldn't have problem as previous generation had, then aids improved and became smaller then new generation of Deaf kids, parents would say their Deaf child won't be like previous generation of boxed aids children, then CI came along and new generation of Deaf children, parents still would say their Deaf child won't get same problem as previous generation of aids. And so on and on and on, looks like it never going to end. One very huge big never ending circle.

After all those many technologies and lots changes and improvements, they still can't get most or all Deaf children fit in hearing world perfectly. There still big need for sign language. I wonder what next generation would come up with and see them repeat the same thing as all previous generations said in past.

I know...history just keeps repeating itself but it seems like nobody learns from deaf people themselves. Most of us say we wanted sign language in our lives growing up but it still gets ignored by denying sign language to many deaf children. Oh well.

I know...history just keeps repeating itself but it seems like nobody learns from deaf people themselves. Most of us say we wanted sign language in our lives growing up but it still gets ignored by denying sign language to many deaf children. Oh well.

Yeah I had same problem, saying sign language delay speech etc, you know what I mean. It real shame that some hearing people refused to learn from their mistakes, refused to learn from pervious generation hearing people mistakes.

Back