AVR's

Nfchick

Reaction score
Ok I'm new here and this question has most likely been asked before here goes. I have profound hearing loss in both ears higher ranges. Speech recognition is 3% (yes totally crappy) you can imagine the things I come up with sometimes...lol....anyhoo...i am thinking of getting the sonovation avr not sure which one but i am interested in others opinions who have them. Fire away.

Have you consulted with your audiologist?

Different hearing aids help different types of hearing loss. A hearing aid made for a person with little hearing loss wouldn't help a person with a lot of hearing loss.

Ok I'm new here and this question has most likely been asked before here goes. I have profound hearing loss in both ears higher ranges. Speech recognition is 3% (yes totally crappy) you can imagine the things I come up with sometimes...lol....anyhoo...i am thinking of getting the sonovation avr not sure which one but i am interested in others opinions who have them. Fire away.

That a hearing aid from a company in Israel that makes a frequency transposition aid. In other words change the high frequency sounds to a lower pitch to where you have more hearing. Some of the newer aids like the Phonak Naida have somewhat similar feature that can be enaged as well. Not everyone can get used to a frequency transposition aid.

Well, it's awesome that you're opting to try the freqncy transposistion aids.
The thing is, everyone is different in how they respond to hearing technology. What works for one person may not work for another.
I would try the frequncy aids, and then if those don't work GO for CI!

oh my friend and his wife has those HAs Sonovation He raved about it.

I would suggest checking out Phonak Phonak - life is on

yes, I gotta say that I think some people might benifit just as much from AVRs or digitals or those high powered HAs. However, if speech perception is THAT low, it might also be worth it to investigate CI.

Is avr an acronym, or just an oddly transliterated Hebraic name?

Just received e mail from a local audiologist telling me the Phonak Naida will cost $4200 per aid. GASP...sorry still struggling for breath....

HOLY CRAP!

$4200!!!! I paid $2400 each for my Naidas! Call a different audiologist!

That is insane!

How are you finding your naida's Jenny? Do they really work? I'm hoping for speech improvement when I get mine.

So far with my Naidas I have had lots of speech improvment as far as my own voice goes. I don't really speak with a deaf voice at all now. I still need to speech read 100% to understand others though. When I am looking right at a person I am starting to hear some of the words and understand them based on the sound. I have a good sense of direction with them and can tell where sounds are coming from easily. I have a good understanding of environmental sounds as well.

Just so you know my hearing is really bad, basically 100dB and below up to 1500hz and then nothing past that. This is at the bottom end of the fitting range for Naidas, if your thresholds are better than mine you will probably experience more benefit

Just received e mail from a local audiologist telling me the Phonak Naida will cost $4200 per aid. GASP...sorry still struggling for breath....

I'm paying $2,145 total tomorrow for my new Naida V hearing aid (I'm also getting the mypilot remote control, which is included in the $2,145 total). I think some audiologists price the hearing aids WAY more than they really should be, so that they can pocket that extra money. Psh, greedy audiologists. Tsk.

Back