Auz community/schools

annebunney

Reaction score
Hi from England. We are moving to Aderlade and are looking to get in touch with anyone in the area or anyone who knows about the area and whats on offer in the way of a deaf comunity and schools etc. Any ideas? Thanks
Anne

Hi from England. We are moving to Aderlade and are looking to get in touch with anyone in the area or anyone who knows about the area and whats on offer in the way of a deaf comunity and schools etc. Any ideas? Thanks
Anne

There is an adelaide deaf community and they have a website as well it is www.deafsa.org.au so you can email to them what you need etc.

Cheers

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf! I wish I could be of help for you, however, hopefully someone here in AD might be able to help you out--anyhow, hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD! :)

Have a great day! :wave:

~RR

Hi everyone, thanks for the messages, I didn't know there were so may people in AD. The sign in Auslan for AD is the British sign for battery so I think everyone there has alot of energy:) So can anyone give me the name of the deaf school, pls and do you know anyone that went / goes / teaches there. I usualy find the dinner lady has more knowledge than anyone else lol. Also what are the job prospects etc like for deaf people, its a big grim in the uk as alot of deaf people grow up with the attitude that they wont get a job so why try. Thats why we want better for our son and my husband wants to be taken seriously as a network security professional. Me, I am happy to do anything (within reason ;-D ) , I would love to work with children or helping people in some way so thow all your ideas at me. Does any one have a web cam? My son loves signing to our mates in usa france etc that we have met on the web so it would be great to meet you all

Welcome to AllDeaf! Enjoy your stay! :thumb:

Sorry, but I don't know anything about it. :(

Hi everyone, thanks for the messages, I didn't know there were so may people in AD. The sign in Auslan for AD is the British sign for battery so I think everyone there has alot of energy:) So can anyone give me the name of the deaf school, pls and do you know anyone that went / goes / teaches there. I usualy find the dinner lady has more knowledge than anyone else lol. Also what are the job prospects etc like for deaf people, its a big grim in the uk as alot of deaf people grow up with the attitude that they wont get a job so why try. Thats why we want better for our son and my husband wants to be taken seriously as a network security professional. Me, I am happy to do anything (within reason ;-D ) , I would love to work with children or helping people in some way so thow all your ideas at me. Does any one have a web cam? My son loves signing to our mates in usa france etc that we have met on the web so it would be great to meet you all

Can i ask you a question are you deaf or is your child is deaf ??? As for the job opportunity not sure in adelaide but you can always as the deaf community that i have left website for you. If you child is deaf best school would be in Sydney or Melbourne as the rest are in hearing schools with special teachers. Hope that helps if not email me on here and will take it from there.
Cheers.

:welcome: to Alldeaf! Have fun browsing and posting! :)

Back