Attn: Everyone - Pls Read

FreeWoman77 said:
only 2 dollars off hurt? :confused:

Thats $2 off PER MINUTE per phone call. for a 15 minute phone call, that is going from $105 to $75.

If there are 300 calls at that exact 15 minutes, that goes from $31,500 to $22,500. That is a difference of $9,000.

Yes, that hurts.

Nesmuth said:
You sound like a terp wanna-be cause what youre ranting out isnt showing up anywhere else where I post the same thing. So it means youre in your own little world or shall I say 'fantasyland'.

Richard

Wow, you TOTALLY got me. :Owned:

So you have nothing to actually say to counter my breaking down of YOUR supposed "facts"?

Lame. Give it up. You are spouting things, and when someone (I) shows you the flaws in your "logic" (which is apparently a synonym for hearsay) you come back with something as great as "I know you are, but what am I?"

Oh..and a terp-wannabe? I'm 24. I've been signing for 24 years. My father's deaf, my brother's deaf, all my grandparents are deaf, aunts, uncles, deaf; my mother herself is a coda. I've been doing video relay for over 2 years (two different competing companies, mind you). I worked at the deaf school before that.

You TOTALLY win. I have no idea what I'm talking about. :roll:

Seems like you may be in your own fantasy land, since you can't respond to anything I said in previous posts, proving your little statements wrong, except to use ad hominem attacks. :stupid:

Oh, and if you don't support decent pay, then feel free not to sign the petition and find something better to do with your time.
Why would you be posting the same spam all over other boards as you say you have? If you disagree with something, why are you obsessed with it?

And if you think by not signing it and speaking out against signing it is socking it to Sorenson, you're way off. You're simply socking it to every deaf person who wants better quality service from ANY VRS provider. You're telling every deaf person they deserve mediocre quality, and every interpreter that they aren't worth a living wage. It's not just Sorenson who'd get the better rate. This is for every VRS provider and interpreter out there. You should be HAPPY that Sorenson is raising its voice against the reimbursement cuts. They aren't the only ones reaping the benefits, they're the ones doing the dirty work to get it.

Anyone who actually wants equal access to VRS, more interpreters, BETTER interpreters, and zero wait times among other things, sign the petition.

vrsterp said:
Anyone who actually wants equal access to VRS, more interpreters, BETTER interpreters, and zero wait times among other things, sign the petition.

What do I care about the VRS industry these days? What happened to interpreters at courthouses, hospitals, attorneys offices, doctor's offices, tax preparers, and many other places that require communication access? They all got sucked up by the VRS industry thus giving people a justifiable excuse not to get interpreters because they couldnt find any available. There's the "undue burden" clause, no interpreters available.

Basically the VRS industry had their golden goose at the expense of deaf rights, our rights. We want our rights back and we'll get it back even if we have to shoot down the VRS industry.

Richard

Oh, and as of right now, there are at least 54 Sorenson centers. Let's say there are approx 15 interpreters at each one. Let's also say it's the middle of the day, so it's busy, and there are hold times of 1 minute, so every interpreter is on a call. That's 54 centers x 15 interpreters = 810 interpreters at LEAST.

That $420 an hour or $1100 isn't going to stretch that far anymore, eh?

Of course you're apparently never going to admit that your random spewing of facts that you pulled out of your ass just MIGHT be wrong. But at least admit it to yourself. And stop talking about things you know nothing about.

Remember the telephone game? You tell something to one person, they tell another, and they tell another, and so on; and by the end of the game, the secret is so incredibly different than what it was originally? Stop doing that.

Nesmuth said:
What do I care about the VRS industry these days? What happened to interpreters at courthouses, hospitals, attorneys offices, doctor's offices, tax preparers, and many other places that require communication access? They all got sucked up by the VRS industry thus giving people a justifiable excuse not to get interpreters because they couldnt find any available. There's the "undue burden" clause, no interpreters available.

Basically the VRS industry had their golden goose at the expense of deaf rights, our rights. We want our rights back and we'll get it back even if we have to shoot down the VRS industry.

Richard

LOL you're complaining about VRS? You want to get rid of VRS?? Good luck getting the deaf majority to agree with you.

I hope you dont have a videophone. If so, you're adding to the demand for VRS interpreters. My guess is you enjoy making phone calls without using a tty and state relay. And if you don't, there are TONS of others who do.

I can't say this enough: THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH INTERPRETERS, PERIOD. For VRS or community. You trying to demolish VRS isn't going to change that.

Trying to suddenly be a martyr "We want our rights back!" isn't going to cut it.

You're one of those people who will complain no matter what it is.

If more people went to community interpreting, you'd complain there weren't enough VRS interpreters. You are NEVER happy.

Do you know WHY VRS is sucking up all the interpreters? BECAUSE THERE IS A NEED FOR THEM.

We aren't all sitting on our asses doing nothing at the call centers, avoiding community interpreting. We are making phone calls for people who NEED US TO. PEOPLE ARE USING VRS. THAT IS WHY WE ARE THERE. VRS INTERPRETERS ARE NEEDED.

You cannot possibly think that your sentence of "the VRS industry had their golden goose at the expense of deaf rights" is even REMOTELY true. VRS does not take away from deaf rights, it ADDS to them. How can you not see this? I'm sorry but making it so people can make a semi-normal phone call is taking away their rights??? You cannot be serious. Or that ignorant!

Use common sense.

Still...no comment on how i totally slaughtered your monetary facts above, eh?

Oh, and ever heard of interpreter burn out? VRS interpreters are still working in the community, most I know are working 80 hour weeks, plus raising families. We are stretched THIN.

Again, I expect you don't have a videophone or ever use one. Oh, you mean you do?.... Hypocrite.

Nesmuth said:

Richard

Richard, (no offense to you)

I personally think it is very important to keep VRS as well...They are not dropping interpreters for hospital, doctor, etc...There are plenty of interpreters...Im pretty sure that these interpreters are working for VRS plus different areas like interp at dr, court, etc...They wont let us down. ;)

Besides, We should be grateful that we have interpreters who are willing to be there for us...no need to complain about them. Ive always nice to interpreters whenever I meet them at places...I show grateful that they are doing their job to be there for us. ;)

p.s. I LOVE VIDEO PHONE..It is so much easier for person to see what Im saying than on tdd..;)

Oh, besides, do you think hearing world have patience with us through relay services on tdd???? NOPE they dont! Seems like videophone is whole lot easier and quicker for hearing world to communicate with us...

I can't count how many times I've interpreted phone calls between parents and children who, for the first time in their lives, can have a regular REAL conversation.

It's a shame you don't see the value in VRS.

vrsterp said:
I can't count how many times I've interpreted phone calls between parents and children who, for the first time in their lives, can have a regular REAL conversation.

It's a shame you don't see the value in VRS.

Who are you talking directly to? :confused:

GraysonPeddie said:
Just a reminder: Make sure you use the quote button found in every post if you want to direct to a single user.

I know what Im doing...Ive been this Forum since 2004..;)

GraysonPeddie said:
Just a reminder: Make sure you use the quote button found in every post if you want to direct to a single user.

Well the conversation was going back and forth between nesmuth and I. And if what I said doesn't apply to you, then I obviously wasn't talking to you.
By the way, as you can see from earlier posts, I know how to work the quote button, but thanks anyway.

vrsterp said:
Sorry about that! I was directing that toward Nesmuth, the VRS nazi.

LOL You dont even work in the social service field . You dont get calls from people complaining they cant find interpreters. Youre clueless to what really goes on.

Your rantings dont make any sense.

"VRS nazi"? Go see a shrink. I can refer you to one.

Richard

vrsterp said:
Oh, and if you don't support decent pay, then feel free not to sign the petition and find something better to do with your time.
Why would you be posting the same spam all over other boards as you say you have? If you disagree with something, why are you obsessed with it?

And if you think by not signing it and speaking out against signing it is socking it to Sorenson, you're way off. You're simply socking it to every deaf person who wants better quality service from ANY VRS provider. You're telling every deaf person they deserve mediocre quality, and every interpreter that they aren't worth a living wage. It's not just Sorenson who'd get the better rate. This is for every VRS provider and interpreter out there. You should be HAPPY that Sorenson is raising its voice against the reimbursement cuts. They aren't the only ones reaping the benefits, they're the ones doing the dirty work to get it.

Please! Sorenson interpreters better? not all :aw: plus, I didnt like when I was talking with an interpreter for like 15 to 20 minutes interpreter asked me hold to change an interpreter, ugh, much interpreters? if so why hired many interpreters, some of them should have worked at college like here I need one, I am going to study at college this Summer, there no available interpreter in the mornings :/
TTY service deaf people start less using calls on TTY, wondering, how much TTY company/relay operators got cut? laid off/quitted? same will be cut to 5 dollars a hour as well? I still use calls on TTY only in local

coloravalanche said:
Richard, (no offense to you)

I personally think it is very important to keep VRS as well...They are not dropping interpreters for hospital, doctor, etc...There are plenty of interpreters...Im pretty sure that these interpreters are working for VRS plus different areas like interp at dr, court, etc...They wont let us down. ;)

Besides, We should be grateful that we have interpreters who are willing to be there for us...no need to complain about them. Ive always nice to interpreters whenever I meet them at places...I show grateful that they are doing their job to be there for us. ;)

p.s. I LOVE VIDEO PHONE..It is so much easier for person to see what Im saying than on tdd..;)

Oh, besides, do you think hearing world have patience with us through relay services on tdd???? NOPE they dont! Seems like videophone is whole lot easier and quicker for hearing world to communicate with us...

wrong! here interpreter has done the college and hospital since here's small town, my girls's father went in court for speeding ticket there no interpreter and was told unable to find one available that time, morning

I aint argued, I think 5 dollars is enough, FCC needs to keep TTY as well not only VRS

FreeWoman77 said:
wrong! here interpreter has done the college and hospital since here's small town, my girls's father went in court for speeding ticket there no interpreter and was told unable to find one available that time, morning

I aint argued, I think 5 dollars is enough, FCC needs to keep TTY as well not only VRS

No, it isn't wrong! Remember, you and I live in different state..Each states are different! We have wonderful interpreters here in my state! ;)

I disagree with you about $5 an hour...interpreters have to travel all the time...think about it! gas gas gas!

coloravalanche said:
No, it isn't wrong! Remember, you and I live in different state..Each states are different! We have wonderful interpreters here in my state! ;)

I disagree with you about $5 an hour...interpreters have to travel all the time...think about it! gas gas gas!
i agree with colorava-

i live in small town of 18,000 people... all around is no where no towns.. nearest city of 50,000 or more is 1 hour drive.

in a lovely state of minnesota.. also a large community of deafies/HOH in this state.

I never got any problem with any interpreter.. in fact one of the interpreter at my college.. also works at VRS..

i think it depends on what kind of state, deaf community, etc you live on.. for example if there's small group of deafies in one huge public school like i used to go.. where there's 45 deaf/hh students with 2,500 high school students.. most of those hearies become an interpreter.

if there's a large group of deafies in a larger public school and have a great hearing/deaf relationship.. then the chance is that there will be more interpreters aviliable in future.

get my point?

Back