ASL Terp in Boston, MA - help, please :)

Rachel0

Reaction score
HELLO! :)
I'm Rachel, an ASL terp in Boston, and working on a job that refers to Disney's "Lilo and Stitch" movie. I've been searching the Internet for Hawaiian Sign Language to see what the Hawaiian signs for "Aloha" (hello and goodbye) and "ohana" (family) are. Does anyone know? Or are those words normally signed in ASL?

Anyone know of any links where I can see the signs?

THANK YOU!!
SMILE

-Rachel
Boston, MA

JavaPride is from Hawaii unless I miss someone else is from Hawaii...
I will see if I can pull her here.. or someone might notify her..

Wendy

Aloha I recived a message from wendy thanks WB for passing the message to me, u ll be recivign a PM from me..

Racheal for the sign of aloha use the A on top of ur forhead and make like a mini salute outwards thats aloha but for the Ohana, U simple say family thats all :)

any futher need to know lemme know... braddah is brother sista is Sister in sign i ll get in touch with the other hawaiians who might have more info for u alrighty???

With Aloha Nui * with much love*

Mele Kalikimaka ( merry christmas )

Terp?? Im a University of maryland fan!!
terps.jpg

GO
TERPS!

*spits out diet coke* Steve, a 'terp is a sign language interpreter, not a turtle!

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl THATs a GOOD ONE NO its INTERPETER LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

steve remmy some of us interpeters like to say TERPS. and this thread was in ASL/Oralism thread therefore its related to interpeter if it was in the sports section OFC MD terps would be said in there LMAOOOOOOO
U CRACKED me up!

javapride said:
ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl THATs a GOOD ONE NO its INTERPETER LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

steve remmy some of us interpeters like to say TERPS. and this thread was in ASL/Oralism thread therefore its related to interpeter if it was in the sports section OFC MD terps would be said in there LMAOOOOOOO
U CRACKED me up!

Happened to me once when i thought terp meant UMD Terrpains till someone corrrected me that it was interpreter instead of UMD :mrgreen:

ASL Terp from Boston - THANKS EVERYONE!!!

HAHA about Terrapins, I never knew that SMILE

Thanks for passing my message on, Wendy I'm going to PM you to say thanks again. Awesome, you guys, thanks so much!!!!

--Rachel

Back