ASL in public setting?

I do sign in front of anyone, until they want to understand or try to communicate with me then i change from sign to write note, body language or use my iphone to communicate. It is the only way for them to realize that I am deaf. If they see, and did not want to deal with me, they do walk out on me with no hard feeling for me. . :D

tumblr_lhge0gP0od1qcy1poo1_r1_500.gif

It should not matter if you use it or not. If you do, maybe someone will see you using it and start a conversation with you about ASL in general. Who knows where this will lead to.

I definitely like your response, and you're right. I keep trying to push myself to sign while talking but being raised into the hearing world is so drilled into my head that I wouldn't have to do that.

No I don't sign to non signers. And unfortunately I have been taken aback by being signed at by people who thought they knew sign language...

I had hearing people sign to me and I will be taken back by that because I am talking to the person and not having any trouble. I feel the person is trying to see if I know ASL and will sign with them.

I am fan ASL help to people volunteer. I really comfortable ASL no matter people have know aware it communication ASL :). I really alots of I am really alots of mind to people ASL. I assessment to ASL. I understood. whom aware ASL motivate to how ASL students. understood commuincation ASL. I have alots of sign language really deaf/hoh some few. really work out limit i see if tough on my schedule not sure.. I expect it

Back