ASL games for child

OpheliaSpeaks

Reaction score
Does anyone have suggestions for a 3-4 year old for teaching ASL? I am looking for more suggestions. She likes to move around and be active, and is difficult to engage in more sedentary activities. Thanks :)

The only "game" I can think of is ASL bingo- but that would require her sitting down. Children learn through experience and interactions. You don't really need to formally "teach" her if you are always signing with her. That is how she will learn.

Immersion in the language is key -- for extended periods of time. Peers using ASL in casual interaction and play -- on swing sets, with clapping/games/blocks/toys, etc. and surrounded by adults using ASL FLUENTLY and frequently all around the child, not just with the child. And then, teachers guiding language use by involving the child in group and in one on one educational game activities.

My little guy is 2 and seems to know a lot of signs. He doens't always get them right but we can generally figure it out. He's also made up some signs himself which I think is interesting. I too would be interested in some games but he might be a little young still.

Back