Are you willing to give up TV?

It is not going to happen in USA. In USA, it required a digital box, satellite, or convert box in order to work on TV otherwise you get blank screen.

Funny because I don't subscribe to any services and I have plenty of HD channels on my HDTV right now. No digital box or anything like that. I just plug it into my HDTV and ta-da. Yes, it can work in the USA just fine. I am able to pick up a lot of HD channels from Buffalo and surrounding cities.

Funny because I don't subscribe to any services and I have plenty of HD channels on my HDTV right now. No digital box or anything like that. I just plug it into my HDTV and ta-da. Yes, it can work in the USA just fine. I am able to pick up a lot of HD channels from Buffalo and surrounding cities.

I have no explaination for that. Lol! That's cool!

Uhh? Giving up TV, what are you guys talking about?! No more videophone?! ;)

Anyhow, nah I am not gonna give up TV, I still enjoy some good shows if one knows how to look for it. And where else can I play my video games on and watch movies on?

Uhh? Giving up TV, what are you guys talking about?! No more videophone?! ;)

Anyhow, nah I am not gonna give up TV, I still enjoy some good shows if one knows how to look for it. And where else can I play my video games on and watch movies on?
My point excatly... we need a TV for these videophones! LOL :laugh2:

Nah, won't give up TV, they are useful for games, DVds, and blu ray!

I do mind to give up tv! However, I have to watching news plus what s up to the world! :lol:

i rarely watch tv.. no time! so yea.. i guess i would give it up

Not with shows like "Fringe", "House", "Lie to Me", and "Bones" along with football...not gonna give that up! Those shows or games are my "down" time.

I wouldn't give it up fully. There are times I like to chill down and relax on the couch to watch some good shows after a long day.

I don't watch television that much, though. The T.V's are still very much in function as far as technology goes.

When my late wife passed away cable was the first expense I dropped. Kept the TV though. Couple of times a month I would watch a video.

TV is easy, but nobody is taking my internet away from me.

TV is easy, but nobody is taking my internet away from me.

Speaking of that, I find this amusing because couple of years ago (5-10 years ago or so); There was a question that often circulated around the 'net saying "If you had to give up either TV or Internet? Which one would you choose?" Many would have answered NEITHER. But, as of now, I'm seeing a lot of more people are adaptable to trend after the internet than they are with television.

I don't watch TV much. I don't really miss it. All I've seen that all the shows/movies are re-run. I've seen all of them before.

When I used to live in Alaska, I use my DVD movies to watch. I go out most of the time, enjoyed walkin' through the forests. In winter time, it was cabin fever the whole time. :lol:

Up in here, in Florida -- a big difference from my own experience in Alaska. It's not the same. I get sick when I go out in the heat durin' in summer. Got bad headaches. I barely watch TV. Had to turn the temp. down to 65 for A/C inside the house to cool myself to avoid gettin' sick or headaches. I visit FB often than AD. Sometimes, I draw through my PSP programs for arts. On every Fridays I go out visitin' with deaf friends. Just hang out to have a good time. :)

I plan to move to Wisconsin next year for a change....hopefully!! I prefer to have snow. I really miss SNOW than TV. :lol:

answer is - sure I can easily give up tv. I don't watch tv much anyway... everything's online like hulu and torrent!

all I need is one fast internet line and i'm good! :cool2:

Speaking of that, I find this amusing because couple of years ago (5-10 years ago or so); There was a question that often circulated around the 'net saying "If you had to give up either TV or Internet? Which one would you choose?" Many would have answered NEITHER. But, as of now, I'm seeing a lot of more people are adaptable to trend after the internet than they are with television.

Oddly I'd be less apt to give up TV today than 10 years ago. Even 5 years ago I had not heard of the discovery channel and its like. Now I have finally found something I like on TV -- But not enough of it to bother paying for.

That's a funny quote because anybody with half a brain would know that's not true considering the amount of data is required to transfer per second for the Blu-ray format.

However, it should be mentioned that HD via cable providers is usually better than satellite providers, but regardless, OTA signals are the best in their uncompressed form.

After years of having satellite and cable services, I think I'll stick to OTA and not pay a cent and get better video quality along with it. Besides, are you able to find any other sources comparing all cable, satellite and OTA rather than using biased information from a satellite provider?

Keep talk and no proof. :aw:

or just get an over-the-air antenna. It's free and the HD channels look a lot better than they do on cable and satellite.

:shock: I thought satellite was the hawt! they pop out so sharply and crisp than the free channels with the antenna

and don't forget the annoying disruptions because the "signal" was lost over free air... no matter how good quality antenna or the hdtv converter box was at work it kept getting delayed... thats the only reason why I want to go back to analog tv- :hmm:

to give up TV, I would NOT give up my programs. I love my TLC channel. (no i'm not a fan of jon and kate plus 8)

:shock: I thought satellite was the hawt! they pop out so sharply and crisp than the free channels with the antenna

and don't forget the annoying disruptions because the "signal" was lost over free air... no matter how good quality antenna or the hdtv converter box was at work it kept getting delayed... thats the only reason why I want to go back to analog tv- :hmm:

to give up TV, I would NOT give up my programs. I love my TLC channel. (no i'm not a fan of jon and kate plus 8)

I am agreed with you! We really sick of OTA due loss and very few channel in our small town. So we pick DirecTV HD for more channels and keep stable.

Are you joking right? How do you get HD channels if it REQUIRED a digital cable box or satellite and HD service (free or not).

About 6 years ago, we got first HDTV Plasma with ATSC. ATSC is as digital TV.

Now, we have 4 HDTVs. We have no problem with Antenna (Over The Air). I like CC from OTA better than Verizon HD TV. Sometime, we got weak signal (Antenna) by weather and which TV stations.

Most HDTVs have built in Digital turner which is not require digital box (DTV). DTV box is good for older TV which does not have built-in ATSC

Back