Apple Special Event. June 2, 2014.

Apple events video should be live captioning?

FCC says:
March 30, 2013: Live and near-live video programming must be captioned on the Internet if it is shown on TV with captions on or after March 30, 2013. Near-live video programming is defined as programming that is performed and recorded less than 24 hours before being shown on TV for the first time.

Captioning of Internet Video Programming | FCC.gov

I don't understand why. We should send compliance to Apple to require live captioning for Apple events.

:ty:

I see CC in my iPhone but I don't see CC in my iMac via Safari. trying to figure it out....

Really! Try to use QT video player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ty:

I see CC in my iPhone but I don't see CC in my iMac via Safari. trying to figure it out....

You can set up "Accessibility" on System Preference.

System Preference > Accessibililty > Captions > Click "Prefer Closed Captions and SDH" You can create any font, style and size.

See image below

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-05 at 3.26.36 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-06-05 at 3.26.36 PM.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 11
You can set up "Accessibility" on System Preference.

System Preference > Accessibililty > Captions > Click "Prefer Closed Captions and SDH" You can create any font, style and size.

See image below

oh wow thanks! now it's working! :thumb:

I'm sure that Apple will announce in next event - may in August or September.
It can be anytime between now or later. We gotta just have to wait.

the iOS and OSX, from what I watched the video last night, was amazing but I have not finished with that video because it was so long, I was so tired so will finish later.

Back