Apple refuses to unlock San Bernardino terrorists phone for FBI investigation

It's not just the NSA scandal... I see why they refused to.. if they were to create something that doesn't currently exist.. for just one phone, then the government will have the 'skeleton key' to be able to get into ANY iPhone out there theoretically and hypothetically. Not only that even if Apple does delete/wipe the code out it isn't a given that it will be completely gone. Some rogue Apple employee or government employee who has access can likely take it and sell to highest bidder. Not to mention hackers who will STILL find a way to get their hands on it whether or not it is known that Apple is creating something.

One person on my feed mentioned that if the govt really wants to get into that phone-- the group Anonymous could probably wiggle their way into that phone and get what they want. Apple has complied with them up until this point.

It's not just the NSA scandal... I see why they refused to.. if they were to create something that doesn't currently exist.. for just one phone, then the government will have the 'skeleton key' to be able to get into ANY iPhone out there theoretically and hypothetically. Not only that even if Apple does delete/wipe the code out it isn't a given that it will be completely gone. Some rogue Apple employee or government employee who has access can likely take it and sell to highest bidder. Not to mention hackers who will STILL find a way to get their hands on it whether or not it is known that Apple is creating something.

One person on my feed mentioned that if the govt really wants to get into that phone-- the group Anonymous could probably wiggle their way into that phone and get what they want. Apple has complied with them up until this point.

I need to add other reason - security too.

You made a good point, anyway.

Facebook and Twitter sided with Apple in the public spat with the Obama administration over its refusal to help the FBI break into the iPhone of San Bernardino, Calif., shooter Syed Rizwan Farook.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...ort-apple-iphone-san-bernardino-fbi/80578754/

I saw that on the news tonight , I wonder what is Apple is going to win this fight . I can see where Apple is coming from about protecting people privacy but if someone was working with Syed Rizwan Farook I would like them to be found and put in jail.

sorry to say but Mcafee is a failed company. that's why it got bought out at cheap price.
McAfee is not a failed company... sure its down, but do you know the history of John McAfee? Come back when you read about him.

McAfee is not a failed company... sure its down, but do you know the history of John McAfee? Come back when you read about him.

not a failed company? how so? and I work in IT field. how can I not know about him?

do you know how he plans to hack? a social engineering. that's not really hacking. it's comical.

like I said.... to really hack... he'd have to commit a corporate espionage to steal a source code. every company has its glory. Mcafee was pretty awesome back then and after a few years... it went crap. its products went crap. its quality went crap. everything went crap. a failed company with a failed product. many high-tech/dot-com companies do not usually last more than 3 years. they simply get bought out and washed out. only a handful of companies do actually succeed because they have a viable and smart business plan to keep it growing and sustainable for long.

look at facebook and then compare it to myspace. I know pretty much everything about this subject inside out because well... it's my field....

not a failed company? how so? and I work in IT field. how can I not know about him?

do you know how he plans to hack? a social engineering. that's not really hacking. it's comical.

like I said.... to really hack... he'd have to commit a corporate espionage to steal a source code. every company has its glory. Mcafee was pretty awesome back then and after a few years... it went crap. its products went crap. its quality went crap. everything went crap. a failed company with a failed product.
Like I said read up. He sold the company to intel, and he makes apps and others for iphones so he is already in that door...guess you didnt know that. He is bigger than you would like to admit.

Like I said read up. He sold the company to intel, and he makes apps and others for iphones so he is already in that door...guess you didnt know that. He is bigger than you would like to admit.

do you know why he sold it? because it's a failed company with failed product with many negative reviews. that's what many founders do - dump and run.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McAfee
John David McAfee[2] (born September 18, 1945) is an American computer programmer, 2016 Libertarian Party Presidential Candidate, and developer of the first commercial anti-virus program. This bore the McAfee brand-name for years, until it was bought by Intel and given the Intel name. His wealth peaked at $100 million, before his investments suffered in the global crisis of 2007. McAfee also has interests in smartphone apps, yoga, and all-natural antibiotics. He resided for a number of years in Belize, but after several disputes with the authorities in Belize and Guatemala, he returned to the United States in 2013.

On September 8, 2015, McAfee announced that he would seek the office of President of the United States in the 2016 presidential election, as the candidate of a newly formed political party called the Cyber Party.[3][4] On December 24, 2015, he re-announced his candidacy bid, saying that he would instead seek the Libertarian nomination for President.[5][6]

are you sure this is the right guy you're worshipping to and getting all hot and wet for? because looking at his background... it surely sounds :io:

you know who does it better? Jeff Bezos. Sean Parker. John Mcafee has his moment of glory. Sorry to inform you.... he's a wash-out.

John Mcafee for 2016 - https://mcafee16.com/ :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

http://www.wired.com/2012/12/ff-john-mcafees-last-stand/

ff_mcafee_large-660x556.jpg

ON NOVEMBER 12, 2012, Belizean police announced that they were seeking John McAfee for questioning in connection with the murder of his neighbor. Six months earlier, I began an in-depth investigation into McAfee’s life. This is the chronicle of that investigation.

Twelve weeks before the murder, John McAfee flicks open the cylinder of his Smith & Wesson revolver and empties the bullets, letting them clatter onto the table between us. A few tumble to the floor. McAfee is 66, lean and fit, with veins bulging out of his forearms. His hair is bleached blond in patches, like a cheetah, and tattoos wrap around his arms and shoulders.

More than 25 years ago, he formed McAfee Associates, a maker of antivirus software that went on to become immensely popular and was acquired by Intel in 2010 for $7.68 billion. Now he’s holed up in a bungalow on his island estate, about 15 miles off the coast of mainland Belize. The shades are drawn so I can see only a sliver of the white sand beach and turquoise water outside. The table is piled with boxes of ammunition, fake IDs bearing his photo, Frontiersman bear deterrent, and a single blue baby pacifier.

He was also hurting financially. The economic collapse in 2008 hit him hard, and he couldn’t afford to maintain his lifestyle. By 2009 he’d auctioned off almost everything he owned, including more than 1,000 acres of land in Hawaii and the private airport he’d built in New Mexico. He was trying in part to deter people from suing him on the assumption that he had deep pockets. He was already facing a suit from a man who had tripped on his property in New Mexico. Another suit alleged that he was responsible for the death of someone who crashed during a lesson at a flight school McAfee had founded. He figured that if he were out of the country, he’d be less of a target. And he knew that, should he lose a case, it would be harder for the plaintiffs to collect money if he lived overseas.

sorry sono. I know what I'm talking about and it's unfortunate that John Mcafee's life went into crapper. He's a wash out. period.

Well, future terrorists and criminals know what kind of phone to buy now.

oh no no. they don't need Apple iPhone for that. they primarily use Android or some cheap chinese knockouts because these are easily obtained in a large bulk without raising a flag and it's widely sold at anywhere at any shady stores and it's easily modified - unlike iPhone. Plus - they can use a couple of apps known for its robust encryption program that even FBI can't crack or monitor. We all use it now called Telegram and whatsapp - 2 highly popular apps.

do you know why he sold it? because it's a failed company with failed product with many negative reviews. that's what many founders do - dump and run.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McAfee

are you sure this is the right guy you're worshipping to and getting all hot and wet for? because looking at his background... it surely sounds :io:

you know who does it better? Jeff Bezos. Sean Parker. John Mcafee has his moment of glory. Sorry to inform you.... he's a wash-out.
yep same guy, keep digging. youll find it.

I thought that you are concern about privacy.

Many Americans lost the truth in government after NSA scandal in 2013.

yep same guy, keep digging. youll find it.

perhaps you can help me. perhaps you can enlighten me with what amazing things he has done after he sold the company.

if not... I'll just assume you don't know what you're talking about which is why you're making me dig for some mysterious fictional treasure chest. I've dealt with this all days long. I know bull**** when I see it.

Back