Anyone play DOOM?

I would go here to learn about graphic cards. The 8800 completely outperforms 8600 and 8600 is barely better than the 7900. I got the 8800 GTX because I want it to be a decent card within 5 years from now so I don't keep upgrading cards every year. The 8600 is still a good choice and I think one of the most popular for gamers. BTW are you talking about a desktop or laptop?

desktop, with 500gb/250g satas backup/primary drives, 4gb pc8500 rams nothing flash just Gskills, 500w psu, but i think id better off with a 600w, (at present i got 520w ocz powerstream- most expensive part in entire pc!) new case, lcd (have crt now) ,kb, mouse, wireless network, linksys router, not sure cpu either an e6600 quad or the new e8200 wofdale c2d, maybe less, like e4600, there too many to choose from, still not sure what graphics probably end p with a 8600gt due to budget, then get 8800 or 9600gt next time, MAYBE a 9600gt now (like go nuts)?! cheap msi mbo but solid aiming for middle of road budget do it all pc, (i likes game but my mate is being a prick, he'd go apeshit if i pick a 8800gt Nx accuse me of being nothing more than a gamer-wanna be well im study hard at something else (sociology) and so i deserve a break to play game dammit, he's adhd so its hard for him to understand other people's wants and needs geeez)but he IS good at poota stuff way more than me...however...i just donthave time and nor interest to get up to be skilled like an admin ! fark!!!

awesome shit, I couldnt afford that, may be getting a 8600GT/512 but my mate wants me to go slow down and get a 256mb version instead.
A wanker cos HIS machine is running 8600GT/256 i think he doesnt like to be pwned) and complains that all i want to do is play game and never learn computers skills, (hell I dont wanna be a system admin, im a sociology student) but its a Pain in the ass to convince him that all i want is a nice decent 512 not 256 (256 is really small these days) but i'd have to admit he gonna help me build it, im out of touch with hardware building now(satas, etc).

Back to the question (but off topic), what moniter you running? how many inch? is 5ms too slow? for a say 8600GT/512 ?

a 8800GTX is way over my budget and 8800GT is well iffy for my budget, is an 8800 series a big difference from 8600? id mostly likely to run a 19 inch 5ms lcd.

thanks man

9800 GTX+ is $200 on newegg, I ordered it in few days ago and wait for delivery.

9800 GTX/GTX+ is performance boost of 8800 GTX.

Difference of GTX with +, GTX+ is based on 55 nm and more core speed than GTX and GTX with no + is 65 nm.

I'm using 19" LCD monitor and max at 1440 x 900 but not know about ms, I will planning to buy new better LCD monitor with more contrast ratio.

desktop, with 500gb/250g satas backup/primary drives, 4gb pc8500 rams nothing flash just Gskills, 500w psu, but i think id better off with a 600w, (at present i got 520w ocz powerstream- most expensive part in entire pc!) new case, lcd (have crt now) ,kb, mouse, wireless network, linksys router, not sure cpu either an e6600 quad or the new e8200 wofdale c2d, maybe less, like e4600, there too many to choose from, still not sure what graphics probably end p with a 8600gt due to budget, then get 8800 or 9600gt next time, MAYBE a 9600gt now (like go nuts)?! cheap msi mbo but solid aiming for middle of road budget do it all pc, (i likes game but my mate is being a prick, he'd go apeshit if i pick a 8800gt Nx accuse me of being nothing more than a gamer-wanna be well im study hard at something else (sociology) and so i deserve a break to play game dammit, he's adhd so its hard for him to understand other people's wants and needs geeez)but he IS good at poota stuff way more than me...however...i just donthave time and nor interest to get up to be skilled like an admin ! fark!!!

lol, mine is 750 watts PSU, 2x 500 GB HDD, 2 GB RAM and 2.66 GHz C2D E8200.

Finally, I just ordered new graphic card, GeForce 9800 GTX+ today because of perfect at 1440 x 900 at near or max setting, either in DX 9 or 10.

I will grab DOOM 3 later.

Doom 3 still run smooth at max setting and DX9 on 7800GT in 3 years ago.

It's old games now and CC fucking SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Half-life is best one ever for subtitle with background sound.

Sadly, no but for the PC version there is some sort of mod to it. You would have to get it from a software somewhere or whatever like that. It is possible that you could mod it on the Xbox version as well.

Welcome to Doom3[CC]

I used one for long time ago and I hate it. Pretty annoying
doom3cc_colors03.jpg

Mostly time CC block the view from floor that where "spider" walk around.

Half-life 2 still best one ever.
2007-11-17_subtitles-hl.jpg

Doom 3 didn't scare me at all, because it was too boring. If you want to play a scary game, try something like Silent Hill or Resident Evil.

Resident Evil re-make on Gamecube is enough to scary me.

Well hey I'm tryin to help with the budget lol. I would avoid a quad core processor. Processors are for multitasking power and a quad core processor is built for computers that will use BIG softwares for graphic designing and creating animation projects. Any of those graphic cards are decent for gaming (in my opinion). Also for RAM the most you'll need is like 3GB. Before I got my custom machine I wanted RAM memory of 4GB but after researching I learned that the new Vista operating system wont use all 4GB, rather you'll be wasting a GB of RAM. And you wont need such a big PSU if you dont use a quad core processor. Just that will save you at least $500

Well yeah a patch...and I believe it happened after the Xbox version was released.
Oh... damn!

I remember when it first came out. My friend had Doom 3 on his desktop and a website open on his laptop. The website had a full listing of all locker codes since he couldn't hear the codes being said on those PDAs. ;)

Well hey I'm tryin to help with the budget lol. I would avoid a quad core processor. Processors are for multitasking power and a quad core processor is built for computers that will use BIG softwares for graphic designing and creating animation projects. Any of those graphic cards are decent for gaming (in my opinion). Also for RAM the most you'll need is like 3GB. Before I got my custom machine I wanted RAM memory of 4GB but after researching I learned that the new Vista operating system wont use all 4GB, rather you'll be wasting a GB of RAM. And you wont need such a big PSU if you dont use a quad core processor. Just that will save you at least $500

specs2.png

thats the specs and prices im looking at, note its not your US prices...and the quad e6600 @2.4ghz is $300 whereas the wolfdale 3ghz is slightly less

graphic cards are like double(even triple), but then the currency exchange freight cost make it nearly the same, WHILE you have complications of long periods waiting (high cost of shipping too) if you want to RMA the prices as of the US, in this spec above the this is a 8600GT 256 mb (i am arguing with cam to say 256 is so small now its on it way out) but for 123$ is cheap, a 512 is about $300.....then a 9600GT is about 300-340 ish

with this specs above its about the same as a 3,000 machine minus the time-trail period loaded apps on the bloated vistas/windows, high end wanna-be from shop goes about 4000-5000 insane

Last edited:
specs2.png

thats the specs and prices im looking at, note its not your US prices...and the quad e6600 @2.4ghz is $300 whereas the wolfdae 3ghz is slightly less

Try newegg, you can get E8200 (Wolfdale based 2.66 Core 2 Duo) for $168 since Wolfdale is most recent codename for desktop.

i know newegg, i had my mobile XPM2600 from them, back when Socket A ruled....but from experience, i'd be better of buying from within my country in case i need RMA..(had that once with mushkins 222 specials Rams, big hassle)
yup i think i will hunt for that nice new wolfdales
cheers

I got a PSU from newegg once and it blew out and destroyed some parts of my old machine, I'm never trusting that site again after costing me alot of money to fix my machine. Just my opinion I think cyberpowerpc is good. I got my custom machine from that site and i had this computer for about 6 months now, still a monster and got it for about $2500. Here are my specs:
processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 3.2GHz
motherboard: asus m2n32 nforce 590 SLI MCP
psu: 600W
graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768mb
RAM: 3GB PC6400 DDR2/800 memory (corsair xtreme)
HDD: 74GBx2(148GB) 10,000rpm SATA (raid 0 configuration)
HDD2: 320GB 7,200rpm SATA
network: Killer K1 Gigabit
audio: Creative Labs SB X-Fi Xtreme
plus some small misc. stuff like cd drives, flash drives, mouse, etc.

I got a PSU from newegg once and it blew out and destroyed some parts of my old machine, I'm never trusting that site again after costing me alot of money to fix my machine. Just my opinion I think cyberpowerpc is good. I got my custom machine from that site and i had this computer for about 6 months now, still a monster and got it for about $2500. Here are my specs:
processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 3.2GHz
motherboard: asus m2n32 nforce 590 SLI MCP
psu: 600W
graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768mb
RAM: 3GB PC6400 DDR2/800 memory (corsair xtreme)
HDD: 74GBx2(148GB) 10,000rpm SATA (raid 0 configuration)
HDD2: 320GB 7,200rpm SATA
network: Killer K1 Gigabit
audio: Creative Labs SB X-Fi Xtreme
plus some small misc. stuff like cd drives, flash drives, mouse, etc.

Nice specs!
and yup I been there doen that too, had a blown PSU, TWICE (different psu's and different kinds, one of which was an OCZ (the first was the worst - a Hyena - stay away from them but i heard they got their acts together but still...)
yep even happens to the best brand.. whats worse I got it from states - actually a freind gave it to me!, but hell it costed almost the cost of an entire psu for freight to there !, becuase of its weight, unblieveible but true.

and yup the second bang (with OCZ) killed the mbo, 2 harddrives, (all of which were replacable under warrenty so was really lucky!) but its not so much the cost(that would hurt too though) the TIME, to get it all together again and settting up all over again sure felt like punishment too

I dont think id ever get OCZ again, this time maybe silverstone or something

im just think whilst looking at your specs, sure AM2 is cheaper (and slower) however it makes up for the budget to be being able to obtain a great graphics card.... i got funny feeling id end up getting a 9600gt, newer but not the top model but i read it yesturday 9600 is like twice as fast as a 8600 (my mate is not going to like it lol), and hes a real tech-type and ego really isattached to it too, im not after to 'beat him' like you, i just want to have agood system andnot worry about stupid upgrading all the time.....

maybe then , an 8800GT might make more sense because of more pipelies? (do they talk about pipelines these days?)

blah im just out of touch but getting there slowly, im just not gonna rush
give it 1-2 months and id have a new PC running
btw i wont be overclocking since i want it to last...

yeah bad experiences. And no AMD actually isn't slower than Intel's processors. From what I researched, AMD is stronger than Intel since it uses up more power and runs exactly as stated (i.e. a 3.2 GHz AMD processor runs at 3.2GHz, a 3.2GHz Intel processor runs at 2.8GHz) and intel have had issues in their business and they give to much credit to their processors. However, Intel is best suggested for laptops since they use alot less energy, thus, preserving your laptop's battry life longer. Why you think Intel offers so much over-clocking capabilities for their processors?

As for pipelines for graphic cards, i think you would have to be a geek to look into that stuff lol all games will play well with any graphics. My old computer has the nvidia geforce 6800 and it's still very good for games. And I got the geforce 8800 GTX cuz I don't plan on upgrading graphics for at least 5 years. I plan for my new machine to last for a long time without doing any upgrading. And since all graphic cards are high end today, you can't really say 9600 is twice as fast as 8600. Buy 2 graphic cards and configure it into SLI mode and that might possibly be twice as better than the 8600, but that's just how much better technology had grown today.

Back