Anyone play DOOM?

Bosedes906

Reaction score
Not seeing too many posts about PC games but I'm curious to know if anyone ever played specifically DOOM 3? :) Hope it didn't scare you too much lol

I have Doom 3 collector's edition and Doom 3 : ressurection of evil expansion on Xbox. so...its not really that scary but still fun and nice looking graphics and all.

ID software is already working on Doom 4 now. :)

Haven't play it yet but I need replace the graphic card first, I want GeForce GTX 260 and expected to upgrade in next month or so. :D

I have Doom 3 collector's edition and Doom 3 : ressurection of evil expansion on Xbox. so...its not really that scary but still fun and nice looking graphics and all.

ID software is already working on Doom 4 now. :)
There's an expansion for Doom 3 for the Xbox? Where did you find that?

Doom 3 didn't scare me at all, because it was too boring. If you want to play a scary game, try something like Silent Hill or Resident Evil.

I played DOOM 3 at my friend's place, and I got a motion sickness. :(

From what i researched DOOM 3 and F.E.A.R. were the 2 top rated scariest games made. I hear about silent hill alot too. But yeah I would get scared of playing doom cuz i always played it at night. If you have ppl with you or if you're playing during the daytime, stuff like that wont make the game scary. BTW anyone know about the upcoming release for left4dead? Oh yeah and I guess DOOM 4 is in production at the moment. That should be interesting :)

Finally, I just ordered new graphic card, GeForce 9800 GTX+ today because of perfect at 1440 x 900 at near or max setting, either in DX 9 or 10.

I will grab DOOM 3 later.

lol damn I just got a nvidia geforce 8800 GTX graphic card maybe just 5 months ago and now they have GeForce 9800 cards? It's pointless buying new graphic cards if they're just gonna release newer ones every couple months or so

lol damn I just got a nvidia geforce 8800 GTX graphic card maybe just 5 months ago and now they have GeForce 9800 cards? It's pointless buying new graphic cards if they're just gonna release newer ones every couple months or so

No, GeForce 8800 GTX was released in Nov 2006 but closer to 2 years, 9800 GTX was released in April 2008 and 9800 GTX+ (based on 55 nm and faster core clock) in last week.

There's GeForce GTX 260/280, that's little powerful than 9800 GTX, if you want play games at 1680 x 1050 or above then get 260, 1440 x 900 then get 9800 GTX.

Just beware of PSU requirement, 9800 GTX and GTX 260 requires 2 cable of 6 pin and GTX 280 require 1 cable of 6 pin and 1 for 8 pin in both.

Nvidia is usually upgrade on graphic card every years, sometime, it can be earlier when compete against ATI.

I have Doom 3 for Xbox, still play on it.

Oh, I am still waiting for Duke Nukem Forever for Xbox360.

Is Doom 3 subtitled?

Sadly, no but for the PC version there is some sort of mod to it. You would have to get it from a software somewhere or whatever like that. It is possible that you could mod it on the Xbox version as well.

OH ok so I was just late at lookin into graphic cards before lol. And I'm not sure how to do this but you can probably enable subtitles by opening the console in the game. I don't know how to though, heck I don't even know how to open the console lol. It's not fair for the deaf cuz you gotta listen to some audio logs during the game to crack open some key codes to open cabinets for supplies.

Finally, I just ordered new graphic card, GeForce 9800 GTX+ today because of perfect at 1440 x 900 at near or max setting, either in DX 9 or 10.

I will grab DOOM 3 later.

awesome shit, I couldnt afford that, may be getting a 8600GT/512 but my mate wants me to go slow down and get a 256mb version instead.
A wanker cos HIS machine is running 8600GT/256 i think he doesnt like to be pwned) and complains that all i want to do is play game and never learn computers skills, (hell I dont wanna be a system admin, im a sociology student) but its a Pain in the ass to convince him that all i want is a nice decent 512 not 256 (256 is really small these days) but i'd have to admit he gonna help me build it, im out of touch with hardware building now(satas, etc).

Back to the question (but off topic), what moniter you running? how many inch? is 5ms too slow? for a say 8600GT/512 ?

a 8800GTX is way over my budget and 8800GT is well iffy for my budget, is an 8800 series a big difference from 8600? id mostly likely to run a 19 inch 5ms lcd.

thanks man

I would go here to learn about graphic cards. The 8800 completely outperforms 8600 and 8600 is barely better than the 7900. I got the 8800 GTX because I want it to be a decent card within 5 years from now so I don't keep upgrading cards every year. The 8600 is still a good choice and I think one of the most popular for gamers. BTW are you talking about a desktop or laptop?

Sadly, no but for the PC version there is some sort of mod to it. You would have to get it from a software somewhere or whatever like that. It is possible that you could mod it on the Xbox version as well.
I heard about the patch that could be downloaded to add subtitles to the game. I wasn't sure if that happened before they released the Xbox version. :dunno:

I heard about the patch that could be downloaded to add subtitles to the game. I wasn't sure if that happened before they released the Xbox version. :dunno:

Well yeah a patch...and I believe it happened after the Xbox version was released.

Back