Anyone need/want a hearing aid?

faire_jour

Reaction score
Since Miss Kat is going bilateral I was wondering if anyone would be interested in one of her hearing aids? We have 3 Oticon Gaias (two used, one never used) and a three month old Naida III SP.

Send me a PM if you are interested!

if no one here wants them, there are plenty of programs that take donated used HAs and put them to good use for people with hearing loss in 3rd world countries.
*EQL*

Only ha ive used has been siemens. are those behind the ear in in the ear? Are they kid size or could an adult use them if its bte?

Only ha ive used has been siemens. are those behind the ear in in the ear? Are they kid size or could an adult use them if its bte?

They are BTE. They are regular hearing aid size, I think. The Naida certainly is for sure.

They are BTE. They are regular hearing aid size, I think. The Naida certainly is for sure.

I'm full of questions here lol I've just used in the ear but a bte can be used on either side with the correct tube and mold? Correct me if im wrong but bte are stronger than ite right? And are they digital or analog and what are you looking to get for them?:hmm:

well every bte is marked red or blue on the bottom or on the inside for right and left but you could use it one either side I spose and get an ear mold..and yes bte's are stronger..but the naidas might be too strong an HA for you...what's your loss? naidas are digital

well every bte is marked red or blue on the bottom or on the inside for right and left but you could use it one either side I spose and get an ear mold..and yes bte's are stronger..but the naidas might be too strong an HA for you...what's your loss? naidas are digital

severe/profound. cant find my records now but it was 5-10% speech recognition last time it was checked with the ha in and on all the way up and that was about a year and a half ago.

well then the naidas could help you...the sound recover doesn't have to be put on..i would check tho with ur audi if your gonna by an aid not from your audi what would programming costs be, mold, etc

well then the naidas could help you...the sound recover doesn't have to be put on..i would check tho with ur audi if your gonna by an aid not from your audi what would programming costs be, mold, etc

Thanks, I'll email her if I can manage getting it those are pricey.

I know of a mission deaf school in PR who has kids on scholarship, most unaided who could all use them. I have two friends there who donate their teaching, one is the principal. All the kids have profound losses. umm the school is: Welcome (they are the ones who taught me my first ASL as a kid)

I know of a mission deaf school in PR who has kids on scholarship, most unaided who could all use them. I have two friends there who donate their teaching, one is the principal. All the kids have profound losses. umm the school is: Welcome (they are the ones who taught me my first ASL as a kid)

I'e thought about sending them to one of those mission charities, but here is my concern: What kind of follow up is there? What happens if the hearing aid breaks, who repairs it? What about batteries? Why would fit a child with a hearing device and give them that benefit and then it gets taken away because of inability to have follow up. I think that is cruel, and the child would be better off never getting it.

I'e thought about sending them to one of those mission charities, but here is my concern: What kind of follow up is there? What happens if the hearing aid breaks, who repairs it? What about batteries? Why would fit a child with a hearing device and give them that benefit and then it gets taken away because of inability to have follow up. I think that is cruel, and the child would be better off never getting it.

The school has audiologists and ENTS who volunteer services but they are unaided cause of the costs of the aids, my friend told me. They had donations of accessories before. I could ask her about those details for you. (she plays scrabble on FB with me!) I tried to see if the HearNow program could help but they do so much in other areas that I think they were overlooked there. I got my HA's through HearNow.

Yeah earlier I was going to suggest maybe sending the hearing aid to my Hearing Aids for Africa project, but then I got to thinking.... I don't know if there's an audie IN Africa that can check and make sure the hearing aid is still working right, adjusted right, etc, since digitals do need maintenance/adjustments from time to time.

The school has audiologists and ENTS who volunteer services but they are unaided cause of the costs of the aids, my friend told me. They had donations of accessories before. I could ask her about those details for you. (she plays scrabble on FB with me!) I tried to see if the HearNow program could help but they do so much in other areas that I think they were overlooked there. I got my HA's through HearNow.

Well at least for my idea, she said their audi is not going to work. That relationship has broken and so they would prefer not to take used HA's in donation. She did say there are groups who take them, service them, send them to groups and then watch who gets them... like Donate used hearingaids ..... I am sure there others too

I donated both pairs that were my children's to our local Deaf Service Center. 2 pairs or BTE OtoSonic ??? I'm not sure of tall the specifics.

If a BTE is stronger than in ITE, why would I get my BTE when I had a mild loss and after it got severe I got the ITE.? I know when I got my BTE, it was long enough ago that they might not have had anything else for me that would work, but my hearing at 38 was massively worse and I got 2 ITEs at that point and they were $3000 each. Vocational Rehab picked up that bill. Medicaid picked up the bill for my kids.

I donated both pairs that were my children's to our local Deaf Service Center. 2 pairs or BTE OtoSonic ??? I'm not sure of tall the specifics.

If a BTE is stronger than in ITE, why would I get my BTE when I had a mild loss and after it got severe I got the ITE.? I know when I got my BTE, it was long enough ago that they might not have had anything else for me that would work, but my hearing at 38 was massively worse and I got 2 ITEs at that point and they were $3000 each. Vocational Rehab picked up that bill. Medicaid picked up the bill for my kids.

It isn't possible to put the power in an ITE that people with substantial hearing loss need.

So you would need to look up your audiogram and specs of the aids they provided you.

From what I understand, a BTE can be more powerful for cheaper cause the parts inside can be made slightly bigger, but a BTE can also be programmed for any level of loss.

It isn't possible to put the power in an ITE that people with substantial hearing loss need.

So you would need to look up your audiogram and specs of the aids they provided you.

Ah - not worth it since the HA's are dust now. and the little bit of hearing I had is now gone. Just wondered. I just thought it was weird. When my kids got their's they had a mild hearing loss and got BTE's from Beltone, and then I had the severe loss and got the ITE's from Beltone. Maybe Beltone just doesn't know their A$$ from a hole in the ground. The kids kept complaining that their's were too strong and powerful and that's why they would never wear them.

Kids had OtoSonic Mini Pas I/C. I never got the specs on any of the aids that any of us got.

Back