Anyone know how to get rid of a computer virus?

Rio

Brady lady
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get rid of a computer virus?

What kind of virus? What comes up on ur screen? or what is happening to make you think you have a virus?

Easy!

Throw it out in the window

like this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH9_Jd_0eDE]YouTube - Always wanted to throw your computer out the window? I did ![/ame]

10 easy steps to remove virus
1) acquire a sledge hammer, a large box
2) pull out all plugs connecting to the PC box or with laptop remove all plugs also but leave the laptop unfolded (open)
3) have a firm grip on the sledgehammer, raise it high above your head, aiming squarely into the middle of the box or laptop
4) smash it to all your heart's contents
5) place all your remaining pieces of hardware into the large box
6) take this box to your insurance company
7) Request a claiim form to replace your damaged computer
8) report that you have been attacked by a very nasty virus, which had no cure - so due to frustration with the faulty computer it was destroyed
9) the damage was a result of eradicating the virus but now computer is unusable
10) Congratulations, you have a new computer! - with no virus

Linux-Ubuntu.png

Install this, problem solved.

Yiz

Oceanblue7,

Ask Doug, what is the name of the computer virus? if his antivirus scanner did picked it up.

but Yiz, ubuntu is linux, and even linux can have their own viruses, it is just less common because it is a less commonly used operating system to be begin with!

but yes ubuntu has been shaping up real good in the last 2 years, i have some 'live' CDs here, and impressed but havent actually go around to do a dual install. i know its not hard,just dual boot irks me - i dont like the idea of it. would rather use it on a spare machine (have 2 but 1 is for XP, the other is way way too old a La-win98 era PC LOL)
oh well

my suggestion as i posted jsut before is a good removal plan lol
i was kidding but yah, kind of taking the piss out on fuktards (geekspeak)

im aware theres a few users in AD using linux, one of our mods uses one, and had been using it for a quite a long time...so Linux isnt a 'new solution' or alternative to Windows...in fact Linux been around alot longer, hell it's was based on UNIX which goes even further back...

1. middle finger at computer
2. unscrew the HDD out of desktop
3. throw to M$
4. replace new HDD
5. install new OS
6. ta-da!

how? slewgehammer or highrise windows, or power-on brute HDD swap idea (although slightly advances)- which methodes did you pick?>

Back