Anyone else who wears an aide

lilraysofhope

Reaction score
and can't wait to take it off when they get in the car/ get home from work?? I wear one in my right ear, (no assistance to the deaf left ear) I struggle but when I get home I can't wait to take my aide out. I am going for a consultation re: BAHA Honestly, if it is going to sound like an aide (amplified/tunnel) I will pass.

Anyone else???:fingersx:

Hey don't feel too guilty.. on a bad day when I get off of work I take mine off. It gives me a sense of peace and quiet. My husband would laugh at me and say that it must be nice to have "selective hearing". LOL. but he understands when a person is not used to hearing all the noise, it does become overwhelming at times. Not to say I neglect the things I need to hear but I do take them off to take a break from all the noise.

I do that too myself sometimes when I don't want to hear my Noisy friend's kids whining, screaming and hollering after they got spanked for doing something wrong. LOL I just shut my hearing aids off. Other than that they just would HOLLER and SCREAM at no reason when the mother says No to something then they just start screaming and throws a fit.

Since I just got my HA's 4 days ago, I have come home from work anxious to return to my quiet little world. Being able to hear so much noise is a bit too much at times for me.

Are you referring to this? Aide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Or to this? Hearing aid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I don't want to wear an "aide," as another person would be way too heavy for me to carry around all day, but if you are referring to the latter instead of the former, then I would say that I wear my hearing aids all day, from the time I get up (excluding showering) to just before turning off the light for the night. I can't sleep with them in my ears.

I do it all the time. I always feel like my ears are overworked after I get home from a long day of school or work. Also my ears always itch so much cuz of the plastic mold. Ick.

Once I get home I just pull the HA right out.

While I wore a hearing aid (only on the right side like your situation) It came off ass soon as I was done with work. After spending a 8+ hours listening I was fatigued.

I also wear earplugs when I go shopping in noisy places.

I often take mine out when I get home from school or am just sitting on the couch watching tv.

Back