Any Vegan/Vegetarians Out There?

Bleah is posionous to humans and we eat bleach in some meat? Ugh disgusting.

So you think most slaughterhouses are not like that?
correct.

Why would factory farming be cruel but their slaughterhouses wouldn't be?
you tell me. some people are that cruel and two-faced. Same concept applies for adopting abused pet from shelter.

Some slaughterhouses did not know that the animals they received from a specific farm were inhumanely raised and abused.

Even in Food, Inc they've shown that they can only get illegal immigrants or ex-cons to work in the slaughterhouses because they are so horrific that nobody wants to work there.
yea so? Mike Rowe showed that some companies can only get whacky people to work for them because "Dirty Jobs" are so disgusting that nobody wants to work there.

If you're able to provide proof that most slaughterhouses are not like what was shown in earthlings, then I'll sit up and listen.
I thought you said you saw Food, Inc.? It did show you that the animals were slaughtered in a humane way. That farmer looks like he's Amish. He killed chickens as painless as possible and he expressed with disgust and disdain toward farmers and slaughterhouses neglecting animals.

Of course earthlings was one-sided, it's showing the side the public never sees, that's the whole point.
by inducing fear and not showing other side?

You haven't been able to tell me how are you different from politicians and special-interest lobbyists since they employed exactly same fear-mongering tactic.

From what I was told from a ex employee of Tyson. The meat processing plant here in Waterloo, Iowa not far from here. They slaughter pigs by hanging them up on the crane and kill them by shocking them with high voltage electricity then they drain the blood out before processing it thru the plant. I would NEVER want to watch an animal die in front of me. IT's too cruel.

From what I was told from a ex employee of Tyson. The meat processing plant here in Waterloo, Iowa not far from here. They slaughter pigs by hanging them up on the crane and kill them by shocking them with high voltage electricity then they drain the blood out before processing it thru the plant. I would NEVER want to watch an animal die in front of me. IT's too cruel.

so why do you continue to eat meat?

so why you eat meat?

Because I like meat. I just don't like to see animals die in front of me, that's all. I just can't live without meat and I'm not a hardcore PETA member or something.

so why do you continue to eat meat?

Or be like me. I hunt and kill my own food when I can.

Problem is... hunting is rarely available all year around unless I want to eat a whole lot of rabbits.

Bear sausage is goooooooooooood. Now I am interested in processing them.

So, to illustrate the truth about factory is fear mongering? Is there any way to frankly discuss what really goes on factory farming without being accused of being a fear-mongerer? I am not sure that is possible.

Food, Inc did address the nasty side of factory farm's slaughterhouses and c'mon, do you really think slaughterhouses had no clue where their animals came from or get a clue from their bodies how they were treated at the farms?

Slaughterhouses often work in conjunction with farms and I do believe many factory farms own their own slaughterhouses to cut down on costs, particularly transportation costs.

Whatever. Jiro, if you believe most slaughterhouses are humane and that the reality of factory farming only deserves a yeah, so? then that's your belief and it's my belief that you're mistaken. I would like to point out by the way that factory farms now want to make it a law to make it illegal for anyone to film animal cruelty on their farms. Now, if such animal cruelty is so rare and not at all prevalent then why is the agricultural industry pushing so hard for this law to forbid any filming at their farms?

I guess we're not going to see eye to eye on this so I'm not going to argue about it anymore.

I just hope that in general, people try to make an effort to learn about where their food comes from so they can make informed choices, be it meat or vegetables or tofu.

Well slaughterhouses are just plants where they kill a bunch of animals quickly. You can't just kill each animal with a bullet, that would make a big mess and cause the building to have a swiss hole style with bullet caps all over the place. You should blame on the huge demand on eating meat. If people don't eat much meat, then there won't be too many slaughterhouses trying to keep up things.

Of course, the only thing I don't like is the living conditions before they go to slaughterhouses. The crowded pens of animals, unhealthy food they eat, etc. Sometimes it's impossible to tell where they came from. Sometimes they will tell that they are free range animals or not. It's kinda shady. Free range animal meat usually cost more to purchase.

Because I like meat. I just don't like to see animals die in front of me, that's all. I just can't live without meat and I'm not a hardcore PETA member or something.

lol ok.

that's where the society has become so disillusioned with reality. It's time that these urban dwellers start rolling up their sleeves.... raise animals.... and then eat'em.

and they need to stop being ignorant about it when they know fully aware of what's going on in this cruel world. but first... before they start demanding that our farms and slaughterhouses to treat animals with respect.... they need to start respecting the nature and stop being gluttonous because they can't always be eating certain food all-year around. That creates demand and the industry will provide it in any way they can.

Every food is seasonal.

lol ok.

that's where the society has become so disillusioned with reality. It's time that these urban dwellers start rolling up their sleeves.... raise animals.... and then eat'em.

and they need to stop being ignorant about it when they know fully aware of what's going on in this cruel world. but first... before they start demanding that our farms and slaughterhouses to treat animals with respect.... they need to start respecting the nature and stop being gluttonous because they can't always be eating certain food all-year around. That creates demand and the industry will provide it in any way they can.

Every food is seasonal.

Hmmm, I wonder if they continue deliver live pigs in the middle of the winter here in Iowa? I don't think I have seen any in the winter months. I saw them from spring to fall usually. They carry hundreds of pigs in a ventilated semi trailer on way to the slaughterhouse, ugh. Poor little piggies.

So, to illustrate the truth about factory is fear mongering? Is there any way to frankly discuss what really goes on factory farming without being accused of being a fear-mongerer? I am not sure that is possible.

Food, Inc did address the nasty side of factory farm's slaughterhouses and c'mon, do you really think slaughterhouses had no clue where their animals came from or get a clue from their bodies how they were treated at the farms?

Slaughterhouses often work in conjunction with farms and I do believe many factory farms own their own slaughterhouses to cut down on costs, particularly transportation costs.

Whatever. Jiro, if you believe most slaughterhouses are humane and that the reality of factory farming only deserves a yeah, so? then that's your belief and it's my belief that you're mistaken. I would like to point out by the way that factory farms now want to make it a law to make it illegal for anyone to film animal cruelty on their farms. Now, if such animal cruelty is so rare and not at all prevalent then why is the agricultural industry pushing so hard for this law to forbid any filming at their farms?
Never said that animal cruelty is rare. I said that Earthlings is misleading people into thinking that ALL slaughterhouses and farms are like this and I'm telling you that it's not true. and I'm just pointing out that Earthlings have documented only ONE slaughterhouse. ONE farm. ONE puppy mill.

All I can say is to support your locals, not the big chain. and to stop being ignorant about it.

I guess we're not going to see eye to eye on this so I'm not going to argue about it anymore.
I don't agree with your method in telling public about it.

I just hope that in general, people try to make an effort to learn about where their food comes from so they can make informed choices, be it meat or vegetables or tofu.
if you cannot figure out how to effectively communicate with people on this subject without having to tell them to watch Earthlings.... well then it makes you wonder why PETA is still a laughingstock despite of hidden videos it recorded and why people don't listen to them anymore.

if you cannot figure out how to effectively communicate with people on this subject without having to tell them to watch Earthlings.... well then it makes you wonder why PETA is still a laughingstock despite of hidden videos it recorded and why people don't listen to them anymore.

I am more concerned with the people who think the meat they see in the grocery stores are... um...

Let me put this way... I have met more than a handful who think steaks come out cows like how eggs come out of chickens.

I am more concerned with the people who think the meat they see in the grocery stores are... um...

Let me put this way... I have met more than a handful who think steaks come out cows like how eggs come out of chickens.

oh boy... let me bring out some educational film from storage room about farming and food.....

16mm-film-projector.jpg

dammit.... trying to figure out how to work this dang thing.....

ah here it is. just gotta flip the switch on. ok - light off! ssssshhhh!!!!!

set-up-film-projector-800x800.jpg

Never said that animal cruelty is rare. I said that Earthlings is misleading people into thinking that ALL slaughterhouses and farms are like this and I'm telling you that it's not true. and I'm just pointing out that Earthlings have documented only ONE slaughterhouse. ONE farm. ONE puppy mill.

All I can say is to support your locals, not the big chain. and to stop being ignorant about it.

I don't agree with your method in telling public about it.

Because earthlings contains most of the videos that I could otherwise link to individually. why point to just one or 2 videos when there is an entire film made up of many videos put together?

If I point ot just one or two, then people would say "well, that's just one instance or just one farm"

I've been down this road many many times so there are reasons why I would point to earthlings instead of using smaller examples.

PETA has done great great work and it's unfortunate that because of a handful of radicals getting in the news that it tainted PETA as a whole. I mean, that's like using one deaf individual here on AD and using that individual as representative of all AD members.

Ok, I'm officially fatigued on this. Over and out.

Wirelessly posted

whats more humane way to kill mass production of meat safely? bullet in head seem more harsh than electric shock. Also do not include pets in meat eater vs vegetarian debate its totally seperate subject. "so you see a cat and say I want to eat him" is stupid argrument about mass meat production. Also in nature animals will encounter muddy evironment, drink from dirty water pond, eat dead animals (scavenger) have parasites, and exposed to harsh climates. animals in farm for slaughterhouse have climate controlled housing, clean food, free of parasites, clean water to drink. But only thing I'm against is cuffing animal down so they cant move to keep meat soft, feeding/injecting them with artifical hormones/chemical and killing baby animals.

Wirelessly posted

and if you want to includes cat, dogs ot pet animals, what are you feeding them then? mass produced cheap food full of junks in it. You dont have time or money to feed them farm raised chicken, organic wheat/vegetables and put in missing vitamins/nutrition naturally (no artifical crap) come on

Last edited:
Back