Any One Here Suffer From A Mental Disorder?

it part of my life I wish to forget.this my last referral to it

I would only consider a mental disorder as bipolar or manic depressive, schizophrenia, psychosis, things along that line that have been diagnosed by a doctor and the person is on meds for those diseases.

Sorry to say I had people in my family with some of those, each one has passed away. Very unsettling situations when you have to witness the turmoil the person suffers and you are unable to help them!
You don't have to be on meds or have a diagnosis to have a mental disorder, some people choose to deal with it differently, or choose to not deal with it at all.

Depression is a mental disorder/illness, it's pretty common. It can be medically diagnosed and meds can sometimes "fix" it, but plenty of folks with depression choose not to be "fixed" in that way. Plenty also choose not to see a doctor about it, so no diagnosis.

Saying a mental disorder requires a diagnosis and meds is kind of like saying you're not really deaf unless you meet the medical definition and have HA or CI to treat it.

Yeah that whole clinicaly deaf thing was weird...and so so clinical

Bless you Caz! you went thru a lot...same thing happened to me when my daughter disappeared/abandoned her 3 boys and they were brought to me....oh my...jerked awake early 1 morning and realized I had 3 kids to get off for school then get to work...couldn't breathe and was clawing the wall for breath...

Realized how scared I really was...so I took the day off from work to sat down and make a "plan" for a new Life that I had to live. And told myself, it wasn't gonna be "perfect"...but we would get through it. And we did.

One day at a time....

I have a Thyroid problem myself. I heard once that if your finger (and toe) nails grow faster than normal that it is a physical indicator that your Thyroid is over active. True?

My nails are growing lighting fast! I am concerned to say the least. I see my MD by the of the month. Let's see what tests he issues me. I feel the results might indicate problems but I'll keep a positive attitude.

I did know that,i having my nails growing to fast and you often lose the white halfmoon

Panic attacks?...Do you consider them a form of mental issues?...Used to have them too...Learned how to breathe and close my eyes....until it passed. It wasn't life threatening to me...but maybe to some people it is. We all differ.

Used to have a phobia over insects....even ants....but didn't consider it a mental issue. Just pick up the nearest shoe or whatever and squash that bug to hell...or call the exterminator.

And I also got breathless over heights....so I went on a Ferris Wheel with a friend and he held my hand for assurance....After that, I was fine. :hmm:

Has anyone ever truly defined "normal"? and what's "crazy"?....What's normal to some, is crazy to others....People do some things that I consider "Nuts"...but is their normal way of doing things....:hmm: And vise-versa.....

And like I said, taking a trip to the Looney Bin would change a lot of people's perception of things and the way some people do or act out.

Not sure about panic attacks being a mental illness. People with panic attacks can separate themselves from the situation. Depends on how severe the panic attack is maybe it can be a mental illness . My guess, just depends on how severe and the person might have additional mental issues to go along with it.

Back