any deaf scuba divers there?

no need to hold your nose while underwater... the mask helps :D

Bullym0m said:
I'm from Ontario,Canada but scared to try Scubadiver
I have none experience... One day I would love to try..

Is that very expensive taking learn Scubadiver lesson?
I'm very curiouis.
not that expensive.... classes only cost around $250 U.S. dollars...

but if you want to have your own equiment it's expensive cost like $1000 - $5000 for whole equiment...

but however you can rent the equiment.. but suggust to buy your own suit.. cuz lots of scuba divers pee on the suit :ugh:

DeafSCUBA98 said:
not that expensive.... classes only cost around $250 U.S. dollars...

but if you want to have your own equiment it's expensive cost like $1000 - $5000 for whole equiment...

but however you can rent the equiment.. but suggust to buy your own suit.. cuz lots of scuba divers pee on the suit :ugh:

DeafScuba, Thanks for tipping this info...
I think better buy my own suit instead rent suit.. Thx for warning about it..
Hey DeafScuba, Have you tried rental suit and makes you feel digustion that someone did urine on it ? How do you know about someone urine on the scuba suit ? I'm very anxouis out of curiouisity more about Scubadiver's stuff..
:)
oxgyen breaths comes with nose and mouth ? I prefer both air in and out.. doesn't want air one.

Bullym0m said:
DeafScuba, Thanks for tipping this info...
I think better buy my own suit instead rent suit.. Thx for warning about it..
Hey DeafScuba, Have you tried rental suit and makes you feel digustion that someone did urine on it ? How do you know about someone urine on the scuba suit ? I'm very anxouis out of curiouisity more about Scubadiver's stuff..
:)
oxgyen breaths comes with nose and mouth ? I prefer both air in and out.. doesn't want air one.
yeah i have tried the rental suit... but i know they tend to wash it right after the divers are done with it..

It is Very common for Divers to urine underwater.. they cannot hold it underwater and go back up and look for restroom since restroom is far... it's normal for divers to urine underwater.. i don't see it's a problem.. i'm used to it.

You breath through your mouth.. the tank inside isn't 100% oxygen.. only your mouth.. you just breath like normal with your mouth..

there's no need to breath with your nose

DeafSCUBA98 said:
yeah i have tried the rental suit... but i know they tend to wash it right after the divers are done with it..

It is Very common for Divers to urine underwater.. they cannot hold it underwater and go back up and look for restroom since restroom is far... it's normal for divers to urine underwater.. i don't see it's a problem.. i'm used to it.

You breath through your mouth.. the tank inside isn't 100% oxygen.. only your mouth.. you just breath like normal with your mouth..

there's no need to breath with your nose

okay I did took hold my hands on nose.. for 5 minutes.. I can feel rapid breathe too fast.. isn't sound not good for me to use scuba ??
Barely one air to breath comes from oxgyen..

you can give yourself a simple test... try snorkling.. it's similar.. but.. scuba diving is much easier to breath than those snorkle tube.

My cousin took a course to learn and met her professional scuba diver and married him in New Zealand!!

I am too scared to try as there are so many SHARKS around Australia! I will take a see through glass cruise to see tropicial fishes in at Great Barrier Reef!

Deaf scuba divers

There is a liveaboard in Phuket, Thailand which has facilities for the deaf and hard of hearing. We sail to the Similan and Surin Islands, rated as one of the top ten best dive sites in the world. Deaf and hard of hearing people are coming from all over the world to attend the liveaboard - have a look at www.worldwidediveandsail.com This would be the perfect opportunity to combine it with the Deaf Olympics, and of course for other times. Best place to meet other deaf divers!

Happy diving!

SilenceGold said:
I dived as deep as 200 meters....and I have a cochlear implant. It didn't bother me. :D

:bsflag:

200 meters is 656 feet deep!

anyways, i did a search and found this thread! I'm also a scuba diver, own all equipment. Anyone in the puget sound area want to dive with me and my girlfriend?

I'll be back in rochester new york Sept-May and can dive all year becuase I have a drysuit. One of the places I wanted to go dive is in kingston - I might do that this fall.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
I was wondering if there's certificated deaf scuba divers around. I only know few deaf divers, and I am cerrificated open water diver. It requires to dive with a buddy, most people can't afford one or anything.

I'm certified advanced open water diver. You mention "requires to dive with a buddy", I cannot see anybody dive alone, too dangerous.

pintnight said:
I'm certified advanced open water diver. You mention "requires to dive with a buddy", I cannot see anybody dive alone, too dangerous.
true... that no one can dive alone.. there's many dangers around.

I now have a girlfriend.. she might take a class anytime soon.. but she wants to try it out before she decide.. so i'm gonna take her to ironton mine pits. for a test herself but i'm not gonna let her go any deeper than 20 feet

You should see when your local dive shop has "Discover Scuba" events at a local swimming pool. Ours does this every month on a Sunday. Breathing underwater is weird enough for the first time. To jump in a cold and dank quarry will just raise the level of anxiety and maybe panic. The comfort and confines of a well lit and clear pool will make her first experience more enjoyable.

I hold an Advanced Open Water C-Card and JessHercules has her Open Water C-Card. We are leaving for Anthony's Key just off the coast of Roatan, Honduras in two weeks!

Steve

Steve said:
You should see when your local dive shop has "Discover Scuba" events at a local swimming pool. Ours does this every month on a Sunday. Breathing underwater is weird enough for the first time. To jump in a cold and dank quarry will just raise the level of anxiety and maybe panic. The comfort and confines of a well lit and clear pool will make her first experience more enjoyable.

I hold an Advanced Open Water C-Card and JessHercules has her Open Water C-Card. We are leaving for Anthony's Key just off the coast of Roatan, Honduras in two weeks!

Steve
plan to take pictures? :D

DeafSCUBA98 said:
plan to take pictures? :D

Of course! We use a Canon S400 4.0 megapixel digital camera. I've used it on 2 other dive trips sealed in a WP-DC800 waterproof case. Works great!

Steve

pintnight said:
I cannot see anybody dive alone, too dangerous.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
true... that no one can dive alone.. there's many dangers around.

that is both true and false. On deep technical dives (ie: caves and wrecks) that requires decompression, it is considered much safer if you dive alone and entirely dependent on yourself. The reason is because in deeper dives, narcosis is much more of a threat and panic easily happens - whether if the person is a very experienced diver. Having a buddy is much riskier in that kind of dives since if the other diver gets OOA, panic will kick in easier and he'll kill you for your air. Solo diving is becoming more acceptable nowadays - only if the diver has redundant systems to support himself, and is trained to do so.

Read the following books: "Shadow Divers", "The Last Dive" and you'll understand.

pintnight & deafscuba - what scuba gear do you have?

here's what I have:
Cressi Ellipse reg & octo
Sherwood Wisdom computer & compass
backup standard SPG console
Zeagle Ranger BCD
1 shiny red AL80 tank (looking to buy dual HP steel tanks)
Cressi Big Eyes mask
Scubapro Twin-Jet split fins
Cressi Spacefrog fins
DUI CF200x drysuit
7mm wetsuit (2 piece)
3/2mm wetsuit (1 piece)
5mm gloves, 5mm hood
O'Neill drysuit hood
2 piece fleece "underwear" from cabela's
5mm wetsuit booties
UK C8 eLED light

all i own is 5 mm wetsuit and 7 mm wetsuit both full body worn
and 5 mm boots.
2mm gloves
fins, mask, snorkle

all others i rent the following items,
BC, weight belt(if BC don't have weight included), tank, regulator, camera

since i can't afford to own the BC myself because they're well over $1,000 for a good quality ones.. :eek:

hey yukon...
how is the twin spilt fins? is it better than the regular fins? i'm considering to buy those.

Back