any deaf rock climber ?

Aber said:
I climb a bit myself.. For the last year I've been attending the local climbing gym on average 3 to 4 days a week and before that I climbed on and off for around two years. I do enjoy it a lot and have recently started bouldering outdoors a little bit. The trip sounds cool but I might not have the funds or time since I'm a poor college student..

outstanding ! bouldering is fun ! i think we will have deaf climbers gathering at red river gorge on columbus weekend this year. more information is coming up. check on www.deafclimbers.org.

Hello Climber !
Friend and I are a climber and we was talked about the deaf climber. i though i do find them though this site and saw your post.
we are in northern california. there great place to go to bishop, tahoe, sierra,

we can make a fyler for group to meet up the place whever we make a planning. :)

have a goodday

I am and I know several other Deaf rock climbers :) We're all in the San Francisco Bay Area. Where are you?

Also, while I'm here- I'm looking for Deaf white water rafters! :)

I climb at Earth Treks in Maryland, hit me up if you want a deaf climber in the area. :)

5.9/5.10 indoors (haven't done outdoors yet)

silentgold - thats cool... i climb on my homemade climbing wall w/o shoes too.

if i climb on harder route i wud wear climbing shoes.

I wear vibrams for climbing - the "trek" version. They have a crosshatch pattern under the toes for more grip. Some rockgym-rat started bugging me about how I need "real rock shoes" for climbing - I do JUST fine with the vibrams - better toe-spread and more comfortable!

this post is really old, but i want this refreshed again. :)

do you know anyone who may be deaf rock climber or interpreter/rock climber ?

I climb with my boyfriend..... he's hearing, but he signs with me. We have our own system instead of "Belay on? On belay" like the hearing do. I saw one other deaf climber who approached me as I was belaying for my BF.... I wish I could have gotten their contact information to stay in touch! She said hello at THE worst timing - I was too focused :) I haven't seen her since.

I wear vibrams for climbing - the "trek" version. They have a crosshatch pattern under the toes for more grip. Some rockgym-rat started bugging me about how I need "real rock shoes" for climbing - I do JUST fine with the vibrams - better toe-spread and more comfortable!

I climb with my boyfriend..... he's hearing, but he signs with me. We have our own system instead of "Belay on? On belay" like the hearing do. I saw one other deaf climber who approached me as I was belaying for my BF.... I wish I could have gotten their contact information to stay in touch! She said hello at THE worst timing - I was too focused :) I haven't seen her since.

are you from the MD area?

Back