Any 1 in here works out?

Last week, I just signed up for 24hoursFitness and I have a surfing class every wednesday, so that should keep me in shape.
I signed up in this "GetFit" program, so in end of October, I can try out 5k marathon (walk/run). :) 16$ for 8 weeks of membership-- not bad!

So far, I have used their pool to get my cardio going, and this weekend I will try machines for my legs with hubby. I already got a female friend that will join me sometime whenever my hubby is too busy to go to gym.

Hubby and I are trying to walk every night to increase our stamina for travelling in Europe (and to break my new hiking boots)

I just want to tone down my "pouch" and hips.

"High reps" = more sets rather than getting more weight?

I am not sure about rep you are asking about? Usually 2 to 4 reps from heavy to light how many can you push or pull.

first rep = 130 ibs 10 count
second rep = 80 ib 7 count
third rep = 60 ibs 5 count

i might be wrong? hope alex knows :cool:

I am taking Lifetime Fitness class, which is every M, W, F- part of my credit towards AA degree. We meet in gym every monday and wed but friday in classroom expect when my teacher is gone on friday, we have extra credit work is to work out in execirse room....

Besides taking class, I am trying to use execrise room more frequently to lose weight. As for machines, I start with low weight, and reps then increase more reps and weight week by week. I am going to work out tomorrow afternoon after class is over.

I do work out 3 or 4 times a week. Mostly, I go bicycling around a lake near my house or around the town. Plus, I also do jogging in an unsecluded area. It is depending on my mood.

I just joined Bally's Fitness because I want to lose weight. I'm overweight (about 30 pounds over my ideal weight).

So to any 1 here who works out, what s your routine or work out schedule looks like? Do the lifting 5 or 3 times a week?

I would like to cut down my body fats (19% yike!) and have lean muscles rather than big muscles.

I recently joined a gym too and loving it .. I am chubby since working out 3x a week noticed some results my arms are toning up, legs look thinner and tummy getting there . It takes hard work not easy almost a life time committment to stay in shape.. I am feeling better and healthier. I haven't 100% changed my eating habits its slowly coming around.

That's neat you can set a goal keep it up!

Hi,

I Do WORK OUT Daily to maintain a healthy lifestyle.. Of course with weightlifting and spinning.. my goal to try to enter Fitness Competition... AM looking for ppl that do work out and hopefully make some new friends so we all can talk abt working out, nutrition, outdoor activities, etc which I do hope so..

To lose weight is to eat less, excerise, drink lots of water - thats it.

Thats what Im trying to do, but all those sweet food are so tempting!! I can't resist them. LOL

Im struggling here too!

Magnix2k

I recently joined a gym too and loving it .. I am chubby since working out 3x a week noticed some results my arms are toning up, legs look thinner and tummy getting there . It takes hard work not easy almost a life time committment to stay in shape.. I am feeling better and healthier. I haven't 100% changed my eating habits its slowly coming around.

That's neat you can set a goal keep it up!

Yeah, I believe that.

Magnix2k

Mt Dew, Zingers, Doritos, Pizza, and Buffalo wings are my prescription to a happy life.

yes, since this post people have noticed I am losing weight woohoo...Time for me to meet Tom Brady grin

I live and breathe fitness, diet and nutrition. OK, maybe not. I sometimes do other things, but they're all active outdoorsy stuff that involves fitness and getting my heart rate up. :cool:

Regarding NO-Xplode:
I've always mixed my own pre-workout brews, using BCAA/ECAA's, Citrulline malate, ariginie and CEE. I then sprinkle in some crystal light to help with the taste. Works great and is much cheaper than NO-Xplode which I do have on hand for the days when I don't feel like mixing, and want the caffeine that's in NO-Xplode. I wouldn't rely on it all the time though because the caffeine in there will cause adrenal burnout after a while. During workouts, I sip a BCAA/ECAA drink, and then post-workout, depending on whether I'm bulking, maintaining or dieting, I'll do anything from a 50g whey/50g dextrose shake to just a straight up low glycemic meal with some protein in the parking lot outside of the gym.

Regarding Hydrocut:
There's no magic pill for losing fat, it's all about diet and consistent work. If somebody truly wants to achieve a life-long lean body, I recommend learning all about insulin control and maintaining proper thyroid levels. It is both easier and harder than most people think it is. Harder because of the commitment one has to make, and easier because you really don't need to work that hard at it once you understand how your body works in response to certain foods.

I've always been interested in becoming a personal trainer and nutritionist, but figured the pay wouldn't be stable enough so I went off to become a teacher instead. But the interest and desire to help with fitness is still there. If anybody has any questions, they are welcome to post, PM or email me. Best of luck, everybody.

-Aquaman

P.S. SaSSy, BEST of luck with the fitness compeition!

I have Lifetime membership at Bally's....

Been going there off and on.

I used to go there 3 or 4 times a week but
then I got BURNED OUT due to the lack of
proper well-balanced Diet with too much excercise.

BURNED-OUT was No Fun at all !!!

So I took a long break from Bally's for awhile,
but lately I just took both Jog or Walk around
the blocks taking easy for awhile and maintain
some indoor excercise at home watching TV

I probably will go back to Bally's again someday...

No regrets about "Lifetime" membership where
I can go to any Bally's anywhere !!

I enjoy working out at least 3x a week. I have toned since last Aug working on my abs currently its sooo tough!

I'm Alex. Bally is a nice, big gym. How much per month are you paying, if I may ask?

I'm trying to bulk up so my workout routine is something like this:

Mon: Chest / Biceps

Tue: Cardio / Rest

Wed: Quads / Hams

Thu: Shoulders / Triceps

Fri: Cardio / Rest

Sat: Back / Traps

Sun: Rest

Routine will change from time to time to keep me from getting bored at the gym. Supplements I take are: No-Xplode and multivitamins

Since you're trying to lose fat, you should focus on performing high reps when you workout, do cardio more often, stay with a strict diet and drink lots of water.

Good luck.

If you don't mind, can you post a picture of your upper body! :D Not nudity please.

I do ... I am wondering that you wrote post in 2006 since to now that did you lose some weight and building a nice muscle chest? :):)

Back