ANTI-boycott

Eve

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/28/boycott/index.html

To off-set the economic impact of Monday's ILLEGAL immigrant boycott, we all need to SHOP-TILL-YA-DROP. If these illegals would put as much effort into becoming legal citizens, this would not even be an issue. As it is, I could care less if they skip school. After all, it is OUR tax dollars paying for their education. Our ancestors were all immigrants once upon a time, it is just a matter of showing the importance of doing things the right way. Save your weekend shopping trip for Monday instead. If you have been planning a major purchase, Monday would be the time to make it. Get out there and work our economy!

I'd love to be able to directly ask these people who say that illegal immigrants contribute to society exactly HOW they contribute when they don't pay taxes, they use public services that are paid for by the taxes of LEGAL immigrants and citizens, they go to school for free (again paid for by the taxes of legal immigrants/citizens), and take jobs that could again be filled by the forementioned group.

HOW does that help society? CNN the other day mentioned that illegals send some 20 MILLION dollars a year back to Mexico to help out their families. That's money that was earned illegally, no taxes paid on it. If a citizen works and doesn't pay taxes they get thrown in jail. How come illegal immigrants should be exempt? And if by some fluke chance they get amnesty - are they going to WILLINGLY start paying taxes and back-taxes on what they have earned? Trust me if they get amnesty they'll next push for a law that says immigrants shouldn't have to pay taxes!

neecy said:
I'd love to be able to directly ask these people who say that illegal immigrants contribute to society exactly HOW they contribute when they don't pay taxes, they use public services that are paid for by the taxes of LEGAL immigrants and citizens, they go to school for free (again paid for by the taxes of legal immigrants/citizens), and take jobs that could again be filled by the forementioned group.

HOW does that help society? CNN the other day mentioned that illegals send some 20 MILLION dollars a year back to Mexico to help out their families. That's money that was earned illegally, no taxes paid on it. If a citizen works and doesn't pay taxes they get thrown in jail. How come illegal immigrants should be exempt? And if by some fluke chance they get amnesty - are they going to WILLINGLY start paying taxes and back-taxes on what they have earned? Trust me if they get amnesty they'll next push for a law that says immigrants shouldn't have to pay taxes!
they may pay taxes by the way of sales taxes but they don't fill tax returns so they can't get refunds because chance are that they may be using fake SS numbers. IRS thank them greatly. (you see Bush wants guest workers so $$ can keep coming in free)

:dunno:

Boult said:
they may pay taxes by the way of sales taxes but they don't fill tax returns so they can't get refunds because chance are that they may be using fake SS numbers. IRS thank them greatly. (you see Bush wants guest workers so $$ can keep coming in free)

Refunds are only given for taxes that are OVERPAID.... since they don't pay taxes to begin with there's no overpayment to be returned by the IRS!

neecy said:
Refunds are only given for taxes that are OVERPAID.... since they don't pay taxes to begin with there's no overpayment to be returned by the IRS!
well....
see this:
http://www.azstarnet.com/dailystar/news/125925.php

Chertoff seeks files
Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff has asked Congress for access to the secret earnings files, a tool he says would help "get control of this illegal work force."
The records at issue are the earnings reports, sent by employers along with withheld taxes and Social Security.
They contain workers' names and Social Security numbers, and when they don't match Social Security records, the information is set aside in what's called the Earnings Suspense File.

neecy said:

Many employers automatically withold taxes from paychecks...thats not including those that are getting paid under the table or employers that are not truthful with their earnings (they have hired illegal aliens so why should they be honest about earnings?).

We need stricter Laws on employers hiring illegals.Like a $100,000 fine plus 5 years in prison.Like look at the fines you pay on cable piracy and satelite piracy.Why not make tougher laws hiring illegals and get this you cannot apply for welfare or even SSI if you are not a US citizen.You cannot get a social security number unless you are a US citizen.And you cannot get any business permit without a proper social security number that means selling hot dogs on a cart.So when illegals know they cant get money or food here they head back to mexico.

What about people who are APPLYING for citizenship the right way? The way you worded that, even LEGAL aliens would not be able to work. I hope you don't mean THAT. People who do things the right way should be rewarded, not punished.

I have a question.

When the illegal aliens become too old to do the hard manual labor (construction, landscaping, agriculture, janitorial, etc.), what will they do? Will they go back to their countries? Will they retire?

I'm curious.

Buckdodgers said:
It should be changed.You must be a legal citizen in order to apply for Social Security.Without it you cant work.

That does not work. LEGAL immigrants would never have a chance to get a job and you would in effect be stopping ALL immigration, entirely.

Buckdodgers said:
It should be changed.You must be a legal citizen in order to apply for Social Security.Without it you cant work.
I don't think the current regulation needs to be changed; it just needs to be enforced.

Reba said:
I have a question.

When the illegal aliens become too old to do the hard manual labor (construction, landscaping, agriculture, janitorial, etc.), what will they do? Will they go back to their countries? Will they retire?

I'm curious.

Waving white flag here... Good Question here....

Back