Another reason why I hate FOX news

Or .... The Guardian?

Why not say the same thing about them? They broke the story.

Yes, they suck too. But at least they fixed it within 24 hours. Didn't you see that I mentioned that they fixed it?

Not saying that FOX is the only one who makes mistakes nor biased. But geez..... let's just say that they lost so many points with me from my multi-news observations.

Yes, they suck too. But at least they fixed it within 24 hours. Didn't you see that I mentioned that they fixed it?

Not saying that FOX is the only one who makes mistakes nor biased. But geez..... let's just say that they lost so many points with me from my multi-news observations.

Better late than never. :giggle:

This is why I hate fox news. The local station has HORRIBLE CC

noclosedcaption.jpg

Or .... The Guardian?

Why not say the same thing about them? They broke the story.

Tried.jpg

ok Steinhauer... you need to focus. Stop deflecting. This thread is specifically about FOX News, not The Guardians.

So do you agree that FOX News got sloppy with this one? Do you agree that FOX News is notorious for being sloppy?

This is why I hate fox news. The local station has HORRIBLE CC

noclosedcaption.jpg

Ok, no CC is something I can understand. Printing a story about a group of people who think we are gonna get invaded by aliens isn't something I can hate a website for.

ok Steinhauer... you need to focus. Stop deflecting. This thread is specifically about FOX News, not The Guardians.

So do you agree that FOX News got sloppy with this one? Do you agree that FOX News is notorious for being sloppy?

I don't watch Fox news that much to be able to formulate an opinion of their sloppiness or lack of sloppiness.

I don't watch Fox news that much to be able to formulate an opinion of their sloppiness or lack of sloppiness.

are you more likely to prefer FOX News over.... say CNN?

what major news do you prefer?

To me, there is a huge difference. It's like saying "A report about the financial destruction caused by Mexicans was written by NBC" when it was really written by someone who worked for NBC in his spare time.

Everyone in America takes things too literal for my liking :aw:

are you more likely to prefer FOX News over.... say CNN?

what major news do you prefer?

I usually just read the Atlanta Journal And Constitution or the Marietta Daily Journal. Honestly, I hardly ever watch TV. I do watch the Weather Channel or the The History Channel and am fascinated by oceanography type shows - like with Jacque Cousteau etc. but other than that, I just do not watch TV. I will seldom check CNN or Fox for news.

Oh ... and anything to do with gold panning or gold mining.

edit: I will watch Fox when my sister does her commentaries though. But that is about the only time I do. She is a panelist on Lauren Green's show.

Well it will never happen....Krugman wants to go to war with the aliens to save the economy. :)

I usually just read the Atlanta Journal And Constitution or the Marietta Daily Journal. Honestly, I hardly ever watch TV. I do watch the Weather Channel or the The History Channel and am fascinated by oceanography type shows - like with Jacque Cousteau etc. but other than that, I just do not watch TV. I will seldom check CNN or Fox for news.

Oh ... and anything to do with gold panning or gold mining.

edit: I will watch Fox when my sister does her commentaries though. But that is about the only time I do. She is a panelist on Lauren Green's show.

Does the AJC still have the little section where readers take swipes at one another? That used to crack me up.

Does the AJC still have the little section where readers take swipes at one another? That used to crack me up.

Yes, it's called The Vent - it is hilarious sometimes ;)

The Vent | Metro | ajc.com

my favorite one on that page:

In my 67 years, whenever my family had budget problems, we have done TWO things - cut spending AND increase our revenues. It's just common sense, folks.

AND this one:

Perry/Palin in 2012. If things don't go well once they're in office, Perry can secede and Palin can quit.

Everyone in America takes things too literal for my liking :aw:

Maybe you'd understand my feelings if you see the emails I get from those who do not like NASA. They emailed me this article (and other articles) saying "See? We are wasting money on NASA. They have too much time on their hands." It's fine if they think that, but to use these type of articles to shape their thinking? Sigh..... Confirmation bias at its best.

This happens so many times with other topics (Obama, stories about flags being "banned" in schools, and so on.)

If you have to spend more time showing why the article is not true or altered than actually debating about the issue itself, there is something fundamentally wrong with our media.

By the way, I don't hate FOX because of this specific article. It's just one of the many reasons. I doubt anyone wants me to post every single inconsistency I find in FOX news..

How can anyone actually hate FoxNews? It would be like saying you hate pro wrestling; it is just entertainment. Turn the channel. How is this; I never watch it. Am I missing something? I have never watched American Idol either. Nothing to see there...

How can anyone actually hate FoxNews? It would be like saying you hate pro wrestling; it is just entertainment. Turn the channel. How is this; I never watch it. Am I missing something? I have never watched American Idol either. Nothing to see there...

I think the point being made is that Fox News is not practicing the ethics of journalism. You see, Fox News market these to their audience as established facts, which isn't always the case.

I think the point being made is that Fox News is not practicing the ethics of journalism. You see, Fox News market these to their audience as established facts, which isn't always the case.

Well, that is hardly a secret. Look at all the hot air that is emitted by regular viewers.

Back