Another Newbie Thread

Generally I wish I had ASL classes when I was a kid. Everyone was so focused on me being "normal" that I was sent to speech therapists and audiologists. I was very naive so I never noticed that not everyone signed and not everyone voiced. It didn't matter to me. I didn't know we were "disabled" and that people thought we were dumb. (Even though lots of unfair things happened to us.) I didn't understand why my older brother would get teased.

I got separated from my family when I was nine. I got sent to go live with hearing people who didn't understand about Deaf culture. Now I am not fluent in ASL anymore. It hurts my feelings when my mom signs slowly to me and when she voices to me. I believe that ASL grammar AND English would have allowed me to keep both languages and continue to speak them both fluently.

yes, I agree, you should keep both. It was very unfair for your family to hold you back from communicating with your deaf family (ASL) so you could have a nice flow of conversation with them. Family are more important than fitting in society.

Unfortunately we get teased no matter what and there was nothing we could do to change that (that is, become "hearing" like them).

I don't know where else to put this...

I'm testing out a video effect so I can make a Vlog and stay anonymous at the same time. If you see this, can you tell me what you think?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrMsLq_dzy0]YouTube - test[/ame]

Thank you :)

whoa *checking if I'm on acid or not*

:dizzy:

Darn. I was trying to preserve the facial expressions :\

I might as well go with some sort of blur in just one area then.

Hi.

I think narrow down on the lines into thin in person and less blur to see if its working. And one more thing, turn it dim but show enough instead of glowing it. If not, sorry i thought it's neat idea way of showing colorful artist in sign, but sore for my eyes. thats wierd. =/

Hi.

I think narrow down on the lines into thin in person and less blur to see if its working. And one more thing, turn it dim but show enough instead of glowing it. If not, sorry i thought it's neat idea way of showing colorful artist in sign, but sore for my eyes. thats wierd. =/

I wish I could adjust it, but it's a preset. It's an effect that comes with my Logitech camera.

I think I will go buy some video editing software so that I can get the effect I want. I agree, it's too neon and the lines blur too much :\ I'll have to play around with different ideas. :ty:

How did you do your avatar picture? What software did you use?

Wild! never seen anyone do a video like that with ASL

:shock: ! You just gave me an idea! :ty: I know someone who I can ask advice from. He does effects for sign videos all the time. He might be able to tell me how I can do my video like Frisky Feline suggested :D

I wish I could adjust it, but it's a preset. It's an effect that comes with my Logitech camera.

I think I will go buy some video editing software so that I can get the effect I want. I agree, it's too neon and the lines blur too much :\ I'll have to play around with different ideas. :ty:

How did you do your avatar picture? What software did you use?

:shock: ! You just gave me an idea! :ty: I know someone who I can ask advice from. He does effects for sign videos all the time. He might be able to tell me how I can do my video like Frisky Feline suggested :D
I just dont see the big deal of anonymity.

Oh tujae, i borrowed my girlfriend's cs3. I was learning and playing around with cs3 but i have never tried with animated or video with the glowing part, but i dont know if cs3 have videos or not. I lost it within 2 months later. I doubt it that it doesnt have one.

i like your experiment video, just like i said adjust with those stuffs then it would work. i believe so.

On post #23, the video look like a LSD which is a drug which make the person hallucination (Spelling ?). I don't know much about trying to hide your face and try to have clear signs and face expressions. I hope you can find what you are looking to make the video work for you. It is good that you asked some of the ADers for help on your video. :thumb: :)

Back