Another new person!

InTheGenes

Reaction score
Hello, everyone!

I am a hearing person with a few deaf people in my family. One of my sisters recently gave birth to a deaf son, and now our whole family is in the process of learning (or re-learning/improving) ASL. Currently, my sister isn't very keen on the idea of CI surgery for her very young child, despite pressure she's getting from her physician, etc. Thankfully, we have people in our "family circle" who have exposure to the many different choices, not just the ones that the medical "professionals" advocate.

Currently, I'm enrolled in an Interpreter program at a college in northern Virginia, very near DC. I'm glad to have found this message board, for many reasons; the chief reason being that many of the topics of discussion here are proving to be a great resource for both my personal life/family, and also for some of the classes I'm taking for my Interpreting program (History/Culture of the Deaf Community, etc.)

I've been lurking for about a week or so on these boards, and finally thought to post here in the Introduction folder.

I look forward to getting involved in more discussions! :)

:wave: Hi Genes

Welcome to AD!! Beware it's easy to end up on here all day long posting :)

zips x

:welcome: to Alldeaf! Happy browsing and posting!

Hi IntheGenes!
Welcome! Is your sister a member of the American Society for Deaf Children? That's probaly the best resource out there.

Hi IntheGenes!
Welcome! Is your sister a member of the American Society for Deaf Children? That's probaly the best resource out there.

Honestly, deafdyke, I'm not sure if my sister is aware of that organization, but I'll be sure to pass the name along to her, just in case!

Thanks, all, for the warm welcome! (Vielen Danken, Liebling!)

InTheGenes,

Glad you stepped out of the shadows and joined in the conversations here. Great bunch of folks and nobody seems to bite. :ugh3: LOL

Enjoy your visits and welcome to AD! :wave:

Which school are you at down there, Gally or other? I'm just up the road from you but seperated by about a 4 hour drive around 495. :eek: LOL

Dave

Which school are you at down there, Gally or other? I'm just up the road from you but seperated by about a 4 hour drive around 495. :eek: LOL

Currently, the program I'm enrolled in is offered at NVCC-Annandale. Eventually, I hope to end up at Gallaudet, but we'll see how things go! :)

1.gif
to AD.. I hope you will enjoy the stay with us and happy posting away! :)

Back