Americans still texting while driving despite bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that have to do with irresponsible people who text and drive at the same time?

cellphone jammer is illegal by FCC regulation. Ever wonder why airplanes don't do this either? there's no way in hell that FCC would permit it for civilian use. the risk outweigh the benefit and I don't support this idea.

In that case, do as Dixie suggested and add a "vehicle" feature to cell phones which would prevent them from being used while driving except when dialing 911.

I got a better idea. Just put down the danged phone. None of us are so important that a phone call can't wait a few minutes for you to pull off the road. Personal responsibility. We are so lacking in the concept that we are now asking our lawmakers to enact laws mandating common sense.:roll:

In that case, do as Dixie suggested and add a "vehicle" feature to cell phones which would prevent them from being used while driving except when dialing 911.

1. it doesn't work like that. it's a huge technological challenge and risk
2. it's a federal violation
3. FCC is extremely notorious for their harsh regulation regarding issuing the radio spectrum to certain party. you can bet your ass that FCC will never support this for civilian use.

I got a better idea. Just put down the danged phone. None of us are so important that a phone call can't wait a few minutes for you to pull off the road. Personal responsibility. We are so lacking in the concept that we are now asking our lawmakers to enact laws mandating common sense.:roll:

exactly why this law is an EPIC FAIL!

exactly why this law is an EPIC FAIL!

The law itself is not a failure. People's innability to behave in a responsible manner is what is a failure. The law would not even be necessary of people would start taking responsibility for their actions.

The law itself is not a failure. People's innability to behave in a responsible manner is what is a failure. The law would not even be necessary of people would start taking responsibility for their actions.

so... in short - this law is an EPIC FAIL! :roll: because it solves nothing. it won't make people start taking responsibility for their actions. That's my basis of argument on this issue. That's why I said we need a comprehensive driver education and more awareness safety program.

You know, sometime Common Sense can be overrated these days.

You know, sometime Common Sense can be overrated these days.

Everyone's common sense is different. that's why it has to be taught and constantly drilled in the head so that we're all on the same page.... I hope.......

so... in short - this law is an EPIC FAIL! :roll: because it solves nothing. it won't make people start taking responsibility for their actions. That's my basis of argument on this issue. That's why I said we need a comprehensive driver education and more awareness safety program.

The fact still remains that we woudn't need the law if people would use common sense. We can't legislate against stupidity, but we can, and will, obviously, legislate against stupid actions that endanger others.

I find it sad that we have to.

Everyone's common sense is different. that's why it has to be taught and constantly drilled in the head so that we're all on the same page.... I hope.......

I know.

What I am saying is that, even if there are some very simple concept that has been laid out there - Sometime, it isn't always played out to what it is meant to be.

The fact still remains that we wouldn't need the law if people would use common sense. We can't legislate against stupidity, but we can, and will, obviously, legislate against stupid actions that endanger others.

It's all because everybody is looking out for number one. If everybody would change their outlook and start looking out for everybody as a whole. That would solve a lot of problems we are having today. Too bad our society as a whole is very selfish!

1. it doesn't work like that. it's a huge technological challenge and risk
2. it's a federal violation
3. FCC is extremely notorious for their harsh regulation regarding issuing the radio spectrum to certain party. you can bet your ass that FCC will never support this for civilian use.

You have an argument for everything, don't you Jiro? :giggle:

:gpost:

Makes you wonder how on Earth we survived before cell phones.

It's all because everybody is looking out for number one. If everybody would change their outlook and start looking out for everybody as a whole. That would solve a lot of problems we are having today. Too bad our society as a whole is very selfish!

Agreed.

I know.

What I am saying is that, even if there are some very simple concept that has been laid out there - Sometime, it isn't always played out to what it is meant to be.

that's precisely what training training training is for. It's very dangerous to assume they know what we know. Here's a good quote - “Assumption is the mother of the screw-up”

that's precisely what training training training is for. It's very dangerous to assume they know what we know. Here's a good quote - “Assumption is the mother of the screw-up”

It is also very dangerous to assume that you know more than they know.

The fact still remains that we woudn't need the law if people would use common sense. We can't legislate against stupidity, but we can, and will, obviously, legislate against stupid actions that endanger others.

yes but here's where my philosophy lies - these laws are designed to punish the people AFTER the tragic accidents occur. My approach to this problem is to PREVENT it from happening... and/or to LOWER the statistic.

Comprehensive driver education and abundant awareness programs are my solution for it.

yes but here's where my philosophy lies - these laws are designed to punish the people AFTER the tragic accidents occur. My approach to this problem is to PREVENT it from happening... and/or to LOWER the statistic.

Comprehensive driver education and abundant awareness programs are my solution for it.

How do you propose to do that?

Are you saying people should not be punished after they have caused a tragic accident?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back