Amazing breakthrough from Australia - Closed Captioning introduced into Deaf schools!

How come that school closed? So there is only 1 school in all AUS now?
Not enough funding, I believe. I was told by the deaf patrons when I visited perth several years ago. There is two or three deaf school across Australia.

(but honestly, in the 6 years I've been involved in deafness, I have never seen an oral interpreter, how common are they?)
It does seem like you mostly see ASL 'terps. But they are common enough so that Clarke School for the Deaf puts out a pamphelt about how to use them.

Not enough funding, I believe. I was told by the deaf patrons when I visited perth several years ago. There is two or three deaf school across Australia.

One of the interpreter telling me about Deaf School in Perth is closed... Due to Government in WA, decided to put Deaf kids in to mainstream schools... closer to their home and save on funding.

I did saw a closed Deaf School when drove past it in Perth... my god... they got a million dollar land and million dollar view of the ocean... It is shame this Deaf School is closed.

That sucks. Money is always the problem eh? :(

Back